• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Ah I see thanks for the heads up. So when I move in March, I’ll change my address online, pay my USCIS fee in April and the GC should arrive by July latest which would be 7 months into my temporary GC validity (activation trip this December) :eek:

Update: I found an address and won’t need to do all of this! Does this mean I would have to request Kcc to open my DS260 form to update the address?

Hi Aidyn,

See below comments from Staymelo. Number is in the OC17xx and asked for documents.. Seems odd and his/her number is extremely high. This is why I have been worried as my husbands is OC10XX. Thoughts?

View attachment 1240View attachment 1241
I wouldnt be worried at all, they havent even released the 2nd VB yet. Remember this is a 12 month process. Regardless of documents being submitted now or in a few months time an interview will not be scheduled until your CN is current. So go keep preparing your documents and watching the progress of the VB each month - nothing to worry about at all!!

Hey guys,

My husband got his email about sending his documents after all that but we’re still waiting for our marriage cert to add me to his ds-260. Even tho they have finished reviewing HIS part can we still unlock it and add me then get a re-review it or is it going to be harder now?

Hey guys,

My husband got his email about sending his documents after all that but we’re still waiting for our marriage cert to add me to his ds-260. Even tho they have finished reviewing HIS part can we still unlock it and add me then get a re-review it or is it going to be harder now?

Yes you can still get it unlocked just don’t send the documents until you’re added.

Hello team, this forum is so helpful!
I am selected cn 11xx and rushed to send in my Ds-260 before I found all this information. And now I'm wondering if I will have trouble taking a quick trip to the states because of this? I would have a return ticket booked and going back to a job where I'm currently living in Canada on a working holiday visa. Any thoughts?

Hello team, this forum is so helpful!
I am selected cn 11xx and rushed to send in my Ds-260 before I found all this information. And now I'm wondering if I will have trouble taking a quick trip to the states because of this? I would have a return ticket booked and going back to a job where I'm currently living in Canada on a working holiday visa. Any thoughts?
No problem at all visiting.

Just out of curiosity and a bit of fun. Got some questions for you guys.

1. Why do you want to move to USA?
2. Which state/region are you going to/hoping to live in?

For me..

1. My husband is a 3D Artist and there is a world of opportunity for him work wise in America, compared to Australia. Also I love it over there. I find even their supermarkets like a big adventure.
2. Personally I want to live in Newark, NJ. Doable commute to NYC and affordable living with pets. But it will all depend on where my person finds the best job. Realistically somewhere around LA but outer due to pets.

VBs are usually out by the 15th of each month. This is the first month since I've been following (about 18 months) that it isn't out yet. So I'm gonna say it'll probably be out tomorrow.

Hey! So I may be a bit thick...but if I'm a winner and my number is high, do I have to put in my DS-260 before the end of the month? Or can I submit it once the number is called?

Hey! So I may be a bit thick...but if I'm a winner and my number is high, do I have to put in my DS-260 before the end of the month? Or can I submit it once the number is called?

You could have submitted earlier, but it's no problem to submit now in or in a month or two. Of course your processing won't start UNTIL you submit it.

You could have submitted earlier, but it's no problem to submit now in or in a month or two. Of course your processing won't start UNTIL you submit it.

My # is super high and I'm currently on an E3 in the US, so I would rather keep until it's called. Thanks so much for clearing that up :)

My # is super high and I'm currently on an E3 in the US, so I would rather keep until it's called. Thanks so much for clearing that up :)

You need to decide if you’re processing AOS or CP, you’ve been posting on both AOS and none AOS threads which will continue to add to your confusion.

If processing AOS, post your questions on the AOS thread only so as to not confuse non AOSers in addition to ensuring you get the right guidance applicable to your situation.

If going the CP route, waiting until your CN becomes current before submitting your DS260 form is an effective way of ensuring you end up without being scheduled for an interview which defeats the purpose of waiting, right?

Charlie what is your case number range?

Type it like this cn 18xx. Etc to give us an idea of when you will be interviewed.