• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Dolphin you are getting so close to interview time. Have you booked your medical and gotten your police check done?

Hey guys! Quick question for you all. I know we have to put in an address when filling in the DS260 and need one for our interview. Thing is, I’ve read on here that people have been putting in any valid address as no one knows where they’ll be living by the time they move to the US. Based on this, i’ve Just been putting in the address of the Aus embassy since I don’t know where I’ll be living yet. Now that it is approaching closer to my interview in early October, I feel like I need to put in a “real” address for my green card to be posted to and I did some research and read on the USCIS website that we have the option to pick up our green card at a post office. If this is the case and I would prefer to pick it up at a post office, how do I go about doing this in my DS260 form or what should I tell the case officer who is interviewing me?

Appreciate all your help

Can you share the USCIS link where you ready about the GC pick up from a post office option?

Can you share the USCIS link where you ready about the GC pick up from a post office option?

Sure thing.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-begin-using-more-secure-mail-delivery-service

It says on that page “Applicants will also have the option to arrange for pickup at a post office at a convenient date and time by going to the USPS website and selecting “hold for pickup.”

So I’m not sure how that works in terms of telling the case officer addresses and what not for my interview in early October.

Sure thing.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-begin-using-more-secure-mail-delivery-service

It says on that page “Applicants will also have the option to arrange for pickup at a post office at a convenient date and time by going to the USPS website and selecting “hold for pickup.”

So I’m not sure how that works in terms of telling the case officer addresses and what not for my interview in early October.

That option is a USPS service but still needs a real physical address. Find a friend or friend of a friend you can trust to use their address.

That option is a USPS service but still needs a real physical address. Find a friend or friend of a friend you can trust to use their address.
Would I be able to use a company address? I’m thinking I could get it sent to one of my company’s offices in the US

Sure thing.

Yeah, that is a USPS service, like Simon already responded. A “hold for pick up” request covers ALL the mail going to the specified address over a specific period of time.

Interesting. I see so my interview is in October and I’ll be travelling to the US for Christmas for my activation trip. However I don’t actually plan on moving there until late February/beginning March 2020. So is it possible for me to not pay the USCIS fee until I move in March and then get the GC mailed to my address? As per this link, they can’t mail the GC until I paid the fees https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/expect-green-card

Interesting. I see so my interview is in October and I’ll be travelling to the US for Christmas for my activation trip. However I don’t actually plan on moving there until late February/beginning March 2020. So is it possible for me to not pay the USCIS fee until I move in March and then get the GC mailed to my address? As per this link, they can’t mail the GC until I paid the fees https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/expect-green-card

Yeah, you can wait until you return in March 2020 before paying the GC fee.

Be careful about how you do this, make sure you change your address online and give it a few weeks at least to update in their system if you don’t want your green card being mailed to the wrong address. Had stories reported of people doing this and it being sent to the original address provided.
So that’s basically 4 months before you pay for, approx 5 months before you get your plastic green card. If things go wrong, as they sometimes do (they did with mine), that’s used up nearly half of your temporary GC validity before you even find out if everything is ok. Chances are everything will be ok, but ...

Be careful about how you do this, make sure you change your address online and give it a few weeks at least to update in their system if you don’t want your green card being mailed to the wrong address. Had stories reported of people doing this and it being sent to the original address provided.
So that’s basically 4 months before you pay for, approx 5 months before you get your plastic green card. If things go wrong, as they sometimes do (they did with mine), that’s used up nearly half of your temporary GC validity before you even find out if everything is ok. Chances are everything will be ok, but ...

Ah I see thanks for the heads up. So when I move in March, I’ll change my address online, pay my USCIS fee in April and the GC should arrive by July latest which would be 7 months into my temporary GC validity (activation trip this December) :eek:

Hi all, can anyone advise by when can we expect to receive an appointment date (or an email from kcc regarding our appointment date and time) with the consular if our case number falls in the next bulletin cut-off number. Thanks

Hi all, can anyone advise by when can we expect to receive an appointment date (or an email from kcc regarding our appointment date and time) with the consular if our case number falls in the next bulletin cut-off number. Thanks
Visa Bulletins are released on or before 15th of each month. If your number becomes current in the latest bulletin and you have submitted your DS-260 and you have sent the required documents to KCC and have received confirmation back from KCC that your case is ready for scheduling .. THEN you should receive your 2NL by the end of that month

Visa Bulletins are released on or before 15th of each month. If your number becomes current in the latest bulletin and you have submitted your DS-260 and you have sent the required documents to KCC and have received confirmation back from KCC that your case is ready for scheduling .. THEN you should receive your 2NL by the end of that month
Thanks friend, appreciate your help.
Submitted DS260 then received request for further documents, submission done. The Visa bulletin for October shows my number as current. But have not received any confirmation from KCC on my interview appointment and or request for any other documents. Could it be because my documents reached them just early last week...