• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Mijoro

Congratulations on being selected!
Here is a home for Oceania selectees to talk about the lottery process, support each other and have a laugh. When you share your case number with in the group be sure to write it like this 960 becomes 9XX or 55 becomes 5x
Good luck everyone!

Hi all, I'm new to this forum business. Been entering the lottery for 6 years now. I was selected in DV 2018 with a high case number (OC21XX) and, not surprisingly, didn't progress. I was fortunate enough to be selected again in DV 2020 with case number OC2XX. Based on what I have read, this is a low case number and should progress either later this year or early next year. Good luck to everyone on this journey!

Congratulations to all the winners. I look forward to basking in your sunshine and reading your journey as I wait another year.

Guys 1 assistance needed. Will the immigrants moving thru dv lottery hav jobs in USA or will hav to clean d trashes there. Am just having second thoughts, sorry

hey guys!
Stoked to be chosen, but my case number is in the 1100's, does that seem likely?
Going off the 2018 figures my interview could be next June - is that the right way to interpret it?
Cheers!

I just went through the last 10 years of Visa Bulletins and these are the stats -

DV Oceania Case Number cut-off
  • 2006: 1,115
  • 2007: 1,800
  • 2008: 1,650
  • 2009: 930
  • 2010: 1,300
  • 2011: 1,400
  • 2012: 1,150
  • 2013: 1,600
  • 2014: 1,450
  • 2015: 1,490
  • 2016: 1,100
  • 2017: 850
  • 2018: 1,450

Guys 1 assistance needed. Will the immigrants moving thru dv lottery hav jobs in USA or will hav to clean d trashes there. Am just having second thoughts, sorry

There’s no automatic job waiting for anyone in the US. Immigrants are not “cleaning the trashes” in the US. Several factors such as your educational qualifications, work experience, where you decide on living, how diligent you are with your job search, etc determines the type of work you end up with.

There’s no automatic job waiting for anyone in the US. Immigrants are not “cleaning the trashes” in the US. Several factors such as your educational qualifications, work experience, where you decide on living, how diligent you are with your job search, etc determines the type of work you end up with.

And whether you can learn to string a sentence together without the childlike "text speech".

Some immigrants clean trash. Immigrants also head up companies like Google and Tesla. Just like Americans, there are immigrants at every level from struggling at minimum wage jobs to running large companies. The US is what you make of it.
...by the way, “dirty jobs” like trash utilities actually tend to pay relatively well. I saw something a while back that garbage collectors average $60k a year. Some of them even make 6-figure salaries: https://money.cnn.com/2016/02/24/news/economy/trash-workers-high-pay/index.html

I just went through the last 10 years of Visa Bulletins and these are the stats -

DV Oceania Case Number cut-off
  • 2006: 1,115
  • 2007: 1,800
  • 2008: 1,650
  • 2009: 930
  • 2010: 1,300
  • 2011: 1,400
  • 2012: 1,150
  • 2013: 1,600
  • 2014: 1,450
  • 2015: 1,490
  • 2016: 1,100
  • 2017: 850
  • 2018: 1,450
Brit posted a link to his VB numbers which has all this information but I also want to point out that what you have posted here isn't entirely correct. You have overlooked the years that became current - meaning all selectees were able to be interviewed, 2017 was one of those years.

If we submit our DS260 as single body. But prior being called for interview, we get married. Do you reckon we may be able to include our partner in as derivative visa

If we submit our DS260 as single body. But prior being called for interview, we get married. Do you reckon we may be able to include our partner in as derivative visa
Yes, please make sure you read the instructions on the website linked from your selection letter about adding derivatives acquired after entry. Bear in mind the embassy is likely to be suspicious of “green card marriages” after selection so be sure to take evidence that the relationship/marriage is genuine when you go to interview.