• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

Hi there am a Kenyan I got my email notification on October and filled my DS 260 the same month my cn is af 65*** is there a chance Il get a reply from kcc next year

Hi guys, this is an interview experience that happened today. Shared with permission

MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE IN USA EMBASSY.
DATE:10TH DECEMBER
TIME:7:00AM
CASE NO:6k

Single Mum (1) daughter

We woke up,at 4:30,we prayed and we prepared ourselves.we left the house at 5:35 and we were at the embassy at 6:10.we found many people have already lined up and we joined them.

Security personnel came and brifed us on what to avoid when getting in.suddenly the rains started, ooh my God my make ups my hair and we did not have un umbrella ☔my girl told me it's shower's of blessings so don't worry mum.

With rains, the main gate was open and those interviews were from 6:30 to7 were the first ones to be checked , so we were lucky.we were asked for Appointment letter and pps and then we were checked, next was a Small desk where there's a Lady who checked our interview time and register in her iPad.

Second security, they asked for our appointment letter and pps, we were told to switch off the fons and put them on the tray together with watches coins and belts(any metallic item).we were allowed inside,and our items were put aside as we pass through the scanner.my shoe had a kametalI had to remove them.i picked them after passing scanner.

We went straight to where interview was conducted and at the reception we were asked for 2nl and we were given token number and a small sheet of paper to write our Case no ,email address ,and telephone no and told to wait outside for our number to be called.its verrrrry Cold there, keep warm.. We were called at counter no 8, were we found a very friendly African Lady.
Her: Goodmorning xxx
Me: morning too
Her: Goodmorning yyy
My girl: Good morning too.
She took my fingers print and asked for my pps,birth certs, kcse cert, my college certs and 2 post photo for two of us .
Me:I handed over to her
Her:xxx, have you ever been married
Me:No
Her:have you ever traveled out of this country
Her:have you ever served in millitary?
Her:have you ever convicted?
Me: No.
She instructed us on how to pay then she told us to wait for the main interview as we wait outside for our token to be called again.

While out side, panicking started☹I was so worried butterflies were all-over my body, and after few minutes we were called at counter no 7.i found a white lady.
CO: morning
Me: morning too madam
CO: Goodmorning young girl
My girl: Good morning too madam
CO: how old are you?
My girl:12yrs
CO: Raise your right am and swear that all you are going to say is true.
Me: I raised with confidence
She also took my fingerprints as she scaned something in her computer.
CO; when did you finished your high school?
Me:xxxxx
CO:what are you doing current
Me:xxxxx
CO: can't find your certificate from knec?
Me:I have gone there several times ,and I was there on last week on Friday and they told me that they have already sent to you,I have I paper that they gave me and also bank slip that I paid.
CO:let me then confirm as she goes to the back office.
Hapo nkajuwa kwisha MimiAp direct.
CO:I got it you are lucky , it's true they delivered on Friday .
Me:thank you
CO:who is dd?
Me:my host
CO: where does she work and live?
Me: Delaware
CO: where does the husband work
Me:xxx
CO: how comes you took your daughter's birth certificate last year when she was 11yrs?(Stone face)
CO::where is the other birth certificate??
Me:( trembling)it got lost
CO:so she has 2 birth certificates?
Me:No No,the notification is the one got lost.(I realized I have made mistake Jesus come and rescue me)
CO:while shouting at me with her eyes wideBUT YOU HAVE TOLD ME THAT THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE IS THE ONE THAT GOT LOST?
ME:pia Mimi nkakondoa macho zangu no, no I met birth certificate notification is the one got lost that's why I delayed to take her certificate.

She turns to my daughter , while her eyes were
CO:yyy, have your ever visited your grandparents from your father's side?
My girl:No madam
CO:have you ever met you Daddy?
My girl:No madam
CO:do you know him?
My girl:No

Okay, everything seems to be fine has she was typing something in her computer,and boom I have approved your VISA.
We were so happy,I couldn't believe my eyes. Venye nilikuwa nmejimixwe thanked her and she gave us a white paper .nlitoka hapo kama kipchoge‍♀‍♀‍♀‍♀‍♀‍♀1:59 tulikuwa kwa nyumba.thanks be to God.
Congratulations @Maggie.n all the best in your preparations and journey

Hi there am a Kenyan I got my email notification on October and filled my DS 260 the same month my cn is af 65*** is there a chance Il get a reply from kcc next year
Yes, but you have a long wait since your case number is high. You can prepare all the required documents for the time being.

Was this man in Egypt’s case number above 75xxx?
We already know the “mass email” is not the second draw (which is never announced, by the way).
I don't know what is his case number , I didn't ask . And I didn't hard of anyone over 75xxx . So the theory that there was not a second draw makes more sense .

A man in Egypt reported that he checked the result in May and June , and the website said he wasn't selected , but in November , he got an email from KCC , congratulating him and asking him to send his documents . I think the mass emails sent to many people was a result of somehow " unannounced second draw " . Maybe ?

No. Just remember people are often confused, or simply don't tell the truth. So - as Susie mentions, the real clue is the case number. If the case number is under AF75XXX there is no way its a second draw number.

No. Just remember people are often confused, or simply don't tell the truth. So - as Susie mentions, the real clue is the case number. If the case number is under AF75XXX there is no way its a second draw number.
Yea I agree with that . because another man reported to receive the documents email this week , and his number is in 30000s .

Starting this thread for those interviewing in Nairobi, Kenya and its specific requirements like KCSE KNEC current confirmation, CID certificate of good conduct, DHL registration and other local stuff relevant to Kenya. I'm an old dog from DV2014. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask here, things might have changed from my days but someone will have seen answer.

Anyone used the old photo and you got selected how was the interview did you get visa testimonies please za kutiana moyo
Hi @Priscah kim , welcome to the forum. What's your case number? Personally I haven't heard of any case where a person admitted to using an old photo in the Nairobi embassy. The journey is still young though. Let's wait and see

Hi @Priscah kim , welcome to the forum. What's your case number? Personally I haven't heard of any case where a person admitted to using an old photo in the Nairobi embassy. The journey is still young though. Let's wait and see
Someone applied this year so green card selections are not out yet, but he didn't reuse the photo, the photo was taken last year November but was never used, he used this year only, my question is can he be disqualified regarding to the date it was taken but never used?

Someone applied this year so green card selections are not out yet, but he didn't reuse the photo, the photo was taken last year November but was never used, he used this year only, my question is can he be disqualified regarding to the date it was taken but never used?
We can never know for sure since the chances of being selected are usually very slim. Let's wait for the May results first

Thank you for the details, My Sponsor seems not to respond recently, You said the CO did not take your financial statement. If am wrong how much did you prepare with? Am talking to another one but i have to prepare for the worst case.
Best get an I 134. Otherwise $10k per participant.

Am interviewing from Kenya, but i am from Uganda, In our case i beleive we just carry our original Degree certificates + other academic certificates.

I also wanted to ask i am a masters students, and by my interview date i will not have graduated, thus no certificate yet. This meant i did not add this qualification to the DS-260. Do i have to carry my testimonial at the interview time, Or its unnecessary since since i did not mention it any where?

Am interviewing from Kenya, but i am from Uganda, In our case i beleive we just carry our original Degree certificates + other academic certificates.

I also wanted to ask i am a masters students, and by my interview date i will not have graduated, thus no certificate yet. This meant i did not add this qualification to the DS-260. Do i have to carry my testimonial at the interview time, Or its unnecessary since since i did not mention it any where?
It's good to carry your degree certificates but the embassy is mainly interested in your high school certificate
In Kenya we go to the KNEC who to send a certified copy directly to the embassy
I don't know how Ugandans send their certified certificates though

Thanks for the response, We shall carry the original high school certificate (UACE) too. Is there any one on the Channel to help clarify how we go about it in Uganda. Here in Uganda i have not seen any one certifying his high school certificate. We usually certify our University transcript. Any one with info can clarify to help me prepare if we have too. I am 2020AF20XXX.

Another successful interview that happened today :)

17th dec INTERVIEW NAIROBI EMBASSY
woke up at 3:00am cz of preparation n distance to embassy. Had to Sleep at nyamakima because that was the convenient place. Reached embassy at around 5:20am, I was the first one at the gate. Security personnel briefed us on what to avoid while going in. I.e laptop,ipads,headphones, chargers, food and bags. Purses for ladies and two phones per person allowed.
1⃣‍♂️security check (main gate) you hand over appointment letter (1st nl) for verification of date plus original passport. Then u place all coins plus phone in a tray as they screen you if u carried any hard metal. Frisking done with a machine, some dii dii dii from the machine ain't a deal here as long as nothing is hidden in the clothes. Then your property is given back as you proceed to the next point.
Next is a small desk with a lady who checks on time of interview n registering your name in. Mine was 7:00am was allowed to proceed to the next step . Those whose time was 9am were taken back to a waiting bay.
2⃣security check. Thorough one here. Appointment letter n passport checked and put on a tray. Any phone or metal(including belts and ear rings)Plus medical cd not allowed in. You are allowed into a front office where all items are put aside as you pass through a scanner. I had to leave my shoes cz they had some metal. Then went ahead and picked my belt n shoes but left the fone behind as they issued me a small card.
Next place is interview area with of course security personnel outside bt no check up here. They also check ua passport and allow you get in to collect you ticket number. Opening the door to the premise was tricky not any ordinary door but with their guidance i was inside. Went to a lady who checks 2nd nl and passport, she issued ticket number and a small sheet to write names, case no. And phone number. I went out and waited to be called, at this point my intestines went upside down, state of panicking and anxiety build up. What was running in my mind was washrooms to pee . Bt i couldn't get out cz i was among the first people. After 10mins was called in again n told to go to counter no. **
⏺met a lady probably Kenyan
Her: "Morning"
Me: "Morning to you madam"

She guides me on fingerprints registration

Her: "welcome and can i have your originals and copies please"..... .....She names them PCC,birth cert,kcse cert, passport and 2 passport photos plus 2nl
Me......... ...I hand them without fear

Her: "do you have host documents?"
Me: "yes i do"

......i hand them over(IRS, I 134, Certificate of naturalisation and passport biodata page)

Her: "i have seen you have your college certificate, can i have it with a copy please?"
Me. "Yes please"

Her: "now proceed to next counter and pay"......she hands over an invoice

Went and paid and was told to go out and wait for the interview.

⏺After 30mins of panic i was called in and directed to a different counter where there was a mzungu. Kwisha mimi.
Co: "hi morning"
Me: "morning to you madam"
Co. "Raise your right arm and Swear that all information given is true"

Me....i raise and swear with confidence and energy till she smiles

She scans my fingers and starts
Co. "Who is ****??
Me: "that's my friend
Co: "how did he get to US?"
Me. *****??
Co. "Ooh..that's great. Which year?"
Me. "Back in ****"
CO: "when was the last time you met?"