• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

Hi guys,

I need to get my high school certificate/transcripts sent from the U.S. and I'd like to ask a few questions. Before I do, though, I'd like to confirm Fran's words about the PCC. I went to get my fingerprints taken at Huduma Center GPO and it took me all of 10 minutes from entry to exit. They said I'd receive the PCC 2 weeks later but I received my PCC online exactly 1 week later. This is just in case anyone else is thinking of getting their prints taken at this location. Also, if you decide to go to this location, do yourself a favor and carry some wet wipes because they use some oily ink and there's nowhere to cleanup after :)

Anyway, my questions are:
1. At what point should I send a copy of my high school certificate/transcripts to the U.S. embassy here in Nairobi? Any time, when I get 2NL, when I go current (just did)?
2. How should I have the records office in the U.S. send the copy to the U.S. embassy? E-mail, fax, mail?

Also, I submitted my documents to KCC on Dec 9th and received the "Documents Received" email from them today, 10 days later. Faster than the 3 weeks they said.
Answer Q1: After you get your 2NL
Answer Q2: I'll leave that for those with an idea on the subject

Hi guys,

I need to get my high school certificate/transcripts sent from the U.S. and I'd like to ask a few questions. Before I do, though, I'd like to confirm Fran's words about the PCC. I went to get my fingerprints taken at Huduma Center GPO and it took me all of 10 minutes from entry to exit. They said I'd receive the PCC 2 weeks later but I received my PCC online exactly 1 week later. This is just in case anyone else is thinking of getting their prints taken at this location. Also, if you decide to go to this location, do yourself a favor and carry some wet wipes because they use some oily ink and there's nowhere to cleanup after :)

Anyway, my questions are:
1. At what point should I send a copy of my high school certificate/transcripts to the U.S. embassy here in Nairobi? Any time, when I get 2NL, when I go current (just did)?
2. How should I have the records office in the U.S. send the copy to the U.S. embassy? E-mail, fax, mail?

Also, I submitted my documents to KCC on Dec 9th and received the "Documents Received" email from them today, 10 days later. Faster than the 3 weeks they said.
1. You don't send a copy of the kcse certificate to the US embassy. You go to KNEC offices, pay and request them to send a copy to the embassy.
2. The records office in the US does not send the copy to the embassy. Knec does

1. You don't send a copy of the kcse certificate to the US embassy. You go to KNEC offices, pay and request them to send a copy to the embassy.
2. The records office in the US does not send the copy to the embassy. Knec does
If I understood well the results are for US High School hence KNEC can't be of help

The KCC got intouch with me yesterday at about 23hrs local time. I was surprised because in my mind I imagined that things had slowed down during this Christmas period. I've been given a mid-Feb date for visa interview, and told to log into the portal in 10 days to confirm details.

The KCC got intouch with me yesterday at about 23hrs local time. I was surprised because in my mind I imagined that things had slowed down during this Christmas period. I've been given a mid-Feb date for visa interview, and told to log into the portal in 10 days to confirm details.
Great news. How did they get in touch with you?

got to the Accra embassy this morning 2/1/20 at 8.00 am and i was allowed entry even though my appointment time was 9.30am , i joined the long queue and was directed by the security to take a seat at the waiting area.
I was then asked by a lady at booth 5 to pay the initial $330 as requested of DV applicants, i waited for about 27mins and was called to report at booth 11 where my fingerprints were taken, she also took the documents and arranged them orderly then,

the CO 1 (a white lady) then asked :

Her-are you married?
Me- No

Her- were u born on 2/6/19** my DOB ?
me-yes

Her- May i know who your parents are
me- i gave out their respective names only as filed in the ds260

Her- do you have any children?
Me- i answered

I was told to sit and that they will call me for an interview. After 33 minutes i was the last but one to be called to booth 5
And the interview was ;

CO (a white guy)- raise up your right hand and swear
Me - i swear

CO-are you married?
Me- No

CO- do you have any children?
Me- i answered

CO- why do u want to go to New Jersey?
Me-i answered ( all was about my host)

CO- what does he ( my host) do for a living
Me- i answered

CO- Whats your occupation?
Me- IT support technician

he then went through my documents for the last time and after busily typing all he said was; I'm giving you this paper and its got the instructions as to how to collect your visa in a week or two. i left the embassy with praise thanking God!

A big thank you to you all ... its been a long and joyous journey and I've never regretted being here with such wonderful people like you guys and i wish the rest best of luck ... MAY GOD SEE US THROUGH.