• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

Thank for your concern mom.
The Family based was filed back in 2011 by my husbands dad. back then we were not married nor had kids. The case became current in 2018 still under F1 as we had not married but had kids. Dads lawyer advised him to still continue the petition under F1 due to that fact of us not being married, but include kids in the case. So kids presence brought in some jitters with the Embassy whereby they picked random numbers from my husbands phone and called them to certify we were not customarily married. Called 3 people..2 said they know we not married but we stay together, but one said we did dowry process!!! I dont know where he got that from!! So the Embassy decided to go with the last persons statement and so concluded we are customarily married and hence the petition was moved to F3 in April this year.
So during the DV interview, which happened after the Family Based one, The CO retrived my husbands case and said that since the Embassy had earlier found out that we are customarily married, they wont grant us the DV as i was supposed to mention my husband in the original entry.
He just told us to continue playing the lottery as we await the F3 petition which might take some years (3 or so)...which ever comes first.

Will stick around though as we wait for DV2021..we played ;);)
However long the drought takes, when the rains fall, all the agony of waiting will be forgotten and there will only be celebrations
3 years is a little time in this wait. Your destiny is still well on course
We appreciate your honest feedback my dear.

Below is my Embassy Experience earlier this week.
2020AF3***
Embassy - Nairobi
Woke up early at 2.30am, arrived at the embassy around 6.20am. Our appointment was for 7am.
Was drizzling as we went through the first security check
At least the second security is well covered from rain.
The third security check is very intense & had to leave behind our phones.
Obtained the token number at the first desk inside the embassy building.
Called in for documents notably Passport plus copy, Birth certificate plus copy, KCSE Certificate plus copy, Marriage certificate plus copy & Police certificate without copy. I could see the lady already had my certified KCSE copy. Then she asked for the affidavit of support which I did NOT have. I explained I have the invite letter & my financial statements. She said she will not take those & that worried me.
The lady asked whether we had made Visa payments and sent us to the Cashier.
After payment we were asked to wait outside where it was very cold.
After about 1 hour we were called to face the CO and the Affidavit of support issue still bothered me.
CO, started by swearing all including the kids.
CO, So who is your Host ?
Me , blahblahblah
CO, So who is he to you ?
Me, blahblahblah
CO, all your Visas are approved. They will be ready for collection in one week. Have you registered with DHL ? Gave me USCS forms and advised I make $220 payments for each applicant.
Pls note this is NOT a shortened version of the interview. That was it.
Thank you for this forum.
Wow, congrats @Mhehoh :). You must have been really anxiousif you woke up at 2.30 am:p.

Thank for your concern mom.
The Family based was filed back in 2011 by my husbands dad. back then we were not married nor had kids. The case became current in 2018 still under F1 as we had not married but had kids. Dads lawyer advised him to still continue the petition under F1 due to that fact of us not being married, but include kids in the case. So kids presence brought in some jitters with the Embassy whereby they picked random numbers from my husbands phone and called them to certify we were not customarily married. Called 3 people..2 said they know we not married but we stay together, but one said we did dowry process!!! I dont know where he got that from!! So the Embassy decided to go with the last persons statement and so concluded we are customarily married and hence the petition was moved to F3 in April this year.
So during the DV interview, which happened after the Family Based one, The CO retrived my husbands case and said that since the Embassy had earlier found out that we are customarily married, they wont grant us the DV as i was supposed to mention my husband in the original entry.
He just told us to continue playing the lottery as we await the F3 petition which might take some years (3 or so)...which ever comes first.

Will stick around though as we wait for DV2021..we played ;);)

Thank you for the additional details. That’s indeed unfortunate, the DV CO however made the right call based on the previous conclusion the embassy had made. The US government already had you on record as being married, they couldn’t treat your DV selection as single in that case.

All the best as you move on.

Good morning pals,
My DV got denied :confused::confused::confused:
Due to the other family based petition going on, the Embassy says they concluded we are customarily married (which we are not), and i should have added my husband in the original entry.
I know some of you might not understand, but try and do please.
Wishing you all well as we await your all approvals.
Sorry to hear my friend, keep trying & you’ll come through sooner than later.

Need your help please. I submitted the DV documents and later received an email "Thank you for submitting your Diversity Visa documents to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC). After reviewing your documents, KCC has determined that you have not sent the required documents for review. Please review the required documents listed below and verify that you have submitted all required documents. "
The required documents are : Passport Biographic Page , Birth Certificate , Marriage Certificate , Marriage Termination Documentation , Military Records , Police Certificates, Court Record .
However, these are the documents i sent: Police Certificate from Kenya and India (lived in India for 2 years), BirthCert and Passport.
I have never served in military and never been married as well. I never been convicted as well.
What do you think is missing that i should add/ do ??

Need your help please. I submitted the DV documents and later received an email "Thank you for submitting your Diversity Visa documents to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC). After reviewing your documents, KCC has determined that you have not sent the required documents for review. Please review the required documents listed below and verify that you have submitted all required documents. "
The required documents are : Passport Biographic Page , Birth Certificate , Marriage Certificate , Marriage Termination Documentation , Military Records , Police Certificates, Court Record .
However, these are the documents i sent: Police Certificate from Kenya and India (lived in India for 2 years), BirthCert and Passport.
I have never served in military and never been married as well. I never been convicted as well.
Resend and Email them for further clarification

Did you name the documents are required? save as 2020AF00009***_firstname_secondname_Thirdname_Birth_Certificate

Ladies and gentlemen,
Which are the correct affidavit of support forms for dv2020 lottery winners? Is it i-384 or i-864? I'm confused.

Wow, congrats @Mhehoh :). You must have been really anxiousif you woke up at 2.30 am:p.
Thank you for the details, My Sponsor seems not to respond recently, You said the CO did not take your financial statement. If am wrong how much did you prepare with? Am talking to another one but i have to prepare for the worst case.