• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

I

I have a question,why do you think is a good idea not to submit Ds 260 right now...am not opposing you i just want to know...for the Nyayo house Madness you can try other branches.mine i did it in Embu and its very efficient there
It is possible to submit the form without a passport. Once more, due to this forum, I have learnt you can pick "other travel document" to bypass that part. However, if I'm not wrong, once you start on the form, you only have 30 days to submit. But in yours and @Maggie.n 's case, and mine too, wait till the release visa bulletins. But let's keep each other company through this journey. You just never know.

A
It is possible to submit the form without a passport. Once more, due to this forum, I have learnt you can pick "other travel document" to bypass that part. However, if I'm not wrong, once you start on the form, you only have 30 days to submit. But in yours and @Maggie.n 's case, and mine too, wait till the release visa bulletins. But let's keep each other company through this journey. You just never know.
At the same time they say its best to submit as soon as possible

What happens after the 30 days? We had started on it on May 15th then just abandoned it after realising we didn't have all the required documents. My husband doesn't even have a birth certificate .

A

At the same time they say its best to submit as soon as possible

And I hope you noticed where they also wrote selection does not guarantee getting the visa as they tend to select more people than the number of visas available. While I don’t have an issue with you holding on to your faith, I think it will help you a great deal if you also listen, pay attention and follow the guidance of people who have been through the process and have a better understanding of what the journey entails.

What happens after the 30 days? We had started on it on May 15th then just abandoned it after realising we didn't have all the required documents. My husband doesn't even have a birth certificate .
Once again I stand corrected. I think after 30 days, you lose what you filled in if you haven't submitted and start over. I could be wrong but I read that in some blog. Not here.
Please have your husband start working on the birth certificate now. Also, start the passport process. And one other advise I have seen here. It is okay for us to enter the new dv lottery coming up in october. I had quite a good laugh in 2013 selectees. Most did not get selected again although. I think one got lucky though. But none needed it eventually as they had passed their interviews.

And I hope you noticed where they also wrote selection does not guarantee getting the visa as they tend to select more people than the number of visas available. While I don’t have an issue with you holding on to your faith, I think it will help you a great deal if you also listen, pay attention and follow the guidance of people who have been through the process and have a better understanding of what the journey entails.
I understand that and i appreciate for the help am getting through this forum.that's y I wrote one has to do what is supposed to be done, e g. Seeking for help and advice then leave the rest to God.were it not for this forum i don't know where i would be right it has really helped me .i do appreciate everything

Once again I stand corrected. I think after 30 days, you lose what you filled in if you haven't submitted and start over. I could be wrong but I read that in some blog. Not here.
Please have your husband start working on the birth certificate now. Also, start the passport process. And one other advise I have seen here. It is okay for us to enter the new dv lottery coming up in october. I had quite a good laugh in 2013 selectees. Most did not get selected again although. I think one got lucky though. But none needed it eventually as they had passed their interviews.

I'll definitely apply for the dv2021. I'll hopefully have a passport by then because of the amendments to be made. I'm currently going through the 2015 thread. I'll look at the 2013 one next.

@Davie254 @Maggie.n I've just seen ine CB in 100s has already received an email from KCC requesting for their documents. I am somewhat glad patience is my middle name. Meanwhile, Davie, I hope you started on the passports. I hear they are taking forever to be approved or processed. That is where out 2020 selectees patience will be put to the test.

@Davie254 @Maggie.n I've just seen ine CB in 100s has already received an email from KCC requesting for their documents. I am somewhat glad patience is my middle name. Meanwhile, Davie, I hope you started on the passports. I hear they are taking forever to be approved or processed. That is where out 2020 selectees patience will be put to the test.
Hi @Jean90 , do you any Kenyans in the 100s? I am the one who has the passport issue. I'm still working on them.

My passports are not yet out...a month and weeks now
Not to worry. Keep those fingers crossed. Considering your number is high, if, and I quote, if you go current, it would be next year right before close. Keep pushing and visiting them when you get the chance.

Both of you are lucky. Would she mind joining the forum? I believe the more the merrier :)
She wants to get the passport first. She has not even filled the DS260 form. She has been reading through the previous forums for now. Definitely the more the merrier.