• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

That is very clear, thanks

How do you prove you can support your self, Is there a specific amount of money you need?

Totally dependent on circumstances, age, dependents, education, experience, occupation, health, etc... For example the requirements from a 25 year old single software engineer and a retired person with chronic illness and medication bills will be vastly different. CO will make a judgement call. (For an affidavit of support there are defined income levels.)

Has anyone from 254 received the request for documents email?
Not yet. Our numbers at least from what I have seen here may not receive that request anytime soon. The visa bulletin is what we are waiting for. However, I have seen one or two people in regions with numbers as low as 100s and in the low thousands being requested for documents already.

Went to Embu offices on Tuesday and i was worried those guys told me that new passport applications are not being processed till late September...

Thst
Went to Embu offices on Tuesday and i was worried those guys told me that new passport applications are not being processed till late September...
That the goverment is working on replacing the old passports with the new E-passport first

In Nairobi, processing of new passport is ongoing. Not sure why Embu is doing so.

Thst

That the goverment is working on replacing the old passports with the new E-passport first
Just found out that it is actually true. When they announced new passport requirement, people applying and people renewing all rushed in. This created so much back up so they decided to implement the rule that renewals go in first. It may not be the case with everyone. Don't worry though. September is nigh. It shall be well.

Hello everyone!
I need your help please. In 2008 I tried to get F1 visa but I was denied. I lost my passport back in 2017 when moving to another house. I applied for a replacement but it came with a different passport number. Will I be disqualified If I fill my DS 260 with the new passport number?

Hello everyone!
I need your help please. In 2008 I tried to get F1 visa but I was denied. I lost my passport back in 2017 when moving to another house. I applied for a replacement but it came with a different passport number. Will I be disqualified If I fill my DS 260 with the new passport number?
It is fine to use it
The new ePassport comes with a different number from the old one if you do a replacement.
The Passport number you use should be for the passport that you will be using to travel

Hello everyone!
As long as you mention the denial in ds 260 form, you should be fine. The rest has bren answered by @FRAN 2020AF30XXX