• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

Every month, someone (usually Xarthisius, but whoever gets there first) posts a thread with the new visa bulletin numbers https://forums.immigration.com/threads/september-2019-visa-bulletin.341445/
There is really no need to copy and paste the full bulletin into every thread associated with DV.
I have a question please... I saw those cut offs represent Africa as a continent. So i was asking how can i see the cut off for a particular country like Kenya.or simply what's the meaning of a cut off
Thanks in advance

I have a question please... I saw those cut offs represent Africa as a continent. So i was asking how can i see the cut off for a particular country like Kenya.or simply what's the meaning of a cut off
Thanks in advance
KCC gave you a number preceded by AF and not KE, so for the cutoffs you'll have to be content with your pool as Africa
We already have number of selectees for Kenya (1801) in the August bulletin
Later we can know the progress of visas issued, refused, etc as the year progresses. You can check Xarthisius site on the past progress maybe it can give you a rough idea and figure of visas issued from the Kenyan Embassy monthly

Thanks in advance
As already explained, they only do cutoffs per region. In our case, AF. That's why we try to encourage people to come here so we can followup on case numbers using threads that break down regions into countries in AF region. Like now so far amongst us here(not counting those who aren't here) none of us will make it for the October cut off. In Tz, for those who have reported, they have someone with 6* who is in October cut off.

Wow
Or is it that Kenyans aren't sharing info freely
Yes, I have noted over the years, Kenyans have held back on their posting especially here. The ones that I noticed don't say much are AOS. You find them in our facebook groups and once in a while they drop comments of how they got their greencards. However, I also find when people ask questions and are always answered either in a condescending attitude or "go back and search for the question in previous years" ...that alone can cause people to not bother much and just view as guests. At least that's the reply I got from the two CNs from Kenya I have beent trying yo encourage to come on here. Anyway, the race just began, the time is young so you never know. They may come reeling in eventually.

We used to get a lot more Kenyans on the forum. Not sure what has happened in the last couple of years.

Wow
Or is it that Kenyans aren't sharing info freely
I think that's what's happening. I'm in a group where 2019 people are realising it's too late for them to get their interviews because they submitted their documents late. If there was more sharing of information, there's a possibility this might not have happened.

I think that's what's happening. I'm in a group where 2019 people are realising it's too late for them to get their interviews because they submitted their documents late. If there was more sharing of information, there's a possibility this might not have happened.
I pray they get interviews, this process is long and tough not forgetting the luck to be a selectee
As I always say, humility is a very expensive virtue which apparently can be nurtured free of charge. Being selectees they felt on top of the world and shunned the power of communication and a lot of them missed information which comes from these associations which again is free
Let's hope 2020s we keep up with our communication and association

I pray they get interviews, this process is long and tough not forgetting the luck to be a selectee
As I always say, humility is a very expensive virtue which apparently can be nurtured free of charge. Being selectees they felt on top of the world and shunned the power of communication and a lot of them missed information which comes from these associations which again is free
It's too late for them to get interviews. If I'm not wrong, the last 2NLs for September interviews were sent end of July. They have missed their opportunities.
Yes, I hope we'll be wiser.

They won’t get interviews at this stage.

Which page on FB?
I have been advertising this forum on group kenya, gossip mill and kilimani mums. So people reach out via inbox. Like you said, Kenyans don't like sharing freely either. See group kenya. It has millions of people yet, not even one comment or like on my post. But I bet you they are eyeing this place as guests. Then the other groups they just reach via inbox.