• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

Hi @FRAN 2020AF30XXX , we got to Nyayo house at around 8 am. There's a queue for people with children hence the short time
Hi @Maggie.n and all 254 2020ers
*MY NYAYO HOUSE EXPERIENCE PART 1*
I went to Nyayo house today and it took 1 hour 45 minutes
Since I had children, I went direct to counter 19, and found around 10 people before me.
Been told to wait for the SMS notification for collection (How long do we wait?)
Apart from the long queues, the service is effecient and the officials are friendly
All the best everyone

Since I had children, I went direct to counter 19, and found around 10 people before me.
Been told to wait for the SMS notification for collection (How long do we wait?)
Apart from the long queues, the service is effecient and the officials are friendly
All the best everyone

A friend of mine started the process towards end of may. On July 23rd, they got an sms notification to go for collection. In the meantime, deadline for new passports has been extended.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1564142107610.jpg
    FB_IMG_1564142107610.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 17
All the best everyone
Oh wow!!You've given me hope :). I think the extension of the deadline must have helped with that?
Did you encounter any problems?

Oh wow!!You've given me hope :). I think the extension of the deadline must have helped with that?
Did you encounter any problems?
The extension might have helped though I know those who had already paid still would come
It went through, the only small problem got sorted. They told me one of the entries was invalid but was sent to counter 12 and the guy did something in his laptop and sent me back to counter 19 that it will reflect as valid. They told me its a normal problem and refused to tell me exactly what it really was.
All in all good experience. The wait for the notification continues

The extension might have helped though I know those who had already paid still would come
It went through, the only small problem got sorted. They told me one of the entries was invalid but was sent to counter 12 and the guy did something in his laptop and sent me back to counter 19 that it will reflect as valid. They told me its a normal problem and refused to tell me exactly what it really was.
All in all good experience. The wait for the notification continues
I hope my experience will be this smooth. Planning to go on Wednesday.

@Gurix sorry DV 2019 query.
The 2019 DV Lot closes on 30th September 2019. Should visa holders have travelled by then? Is planning to travel first week of September safe? Yet to get my visa, but soon.

Please clarify on the below statements( I read somewhere that DV visa don't need sponsors)
"The good news is, unlike family visa applicants, Diversity Visa Lottery (“DV Lottery”) winners do not need to file an I-864 Affidavit of Support in order to apply for permanent residence.
They will nevertheless need to demonstrate to U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or the Department of State (DOS) that they will not become a public charge (rely on public assistance benefits) during their time in the United States. It's possible for you to do this by either:
  • demonstrating that you have sufficient income and other assets to support yourself once you are granted permanent residence, or
  • having a friend or relative who has legal status in the U.S. complete Form I-134, Affidavit of Support and agree to sponsor you during your time in the United States.

Please clarify on the below statements( I read somewhere that DV visa don't need sponsors)
"The good news is, unlike family visa applicants, Diversity Visa Lottery (“DV Lottery”) winners do not need to file an I-864 Affidavit of Support in order to apply for permanent residence.
They will nevertheless need to demonstrate to U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or the Department of State (DOS) that they will not become a public charge (rely on public assistance benefits) during their time in the United States. It's possible for you to do this by either:
  • demonstrating that you have sufficient income and other assets to support yourself once you are granted permanent residence, or
  • having a friend or relative who has legal status in the U.S. complete Form I-134, Affidavit of Support and agree to sponsor you during your time in the United States.
Can you explain what clarity you are looking for? It seems pretty self-explanatory - either you prove you can support yourself or you get an affidavit of support.