• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

Kanjo that sound better do you have any idea on which vaccination I should go for at kanjo?
Hi, why you ask the question? I thought when you do your medical the doctor will let you know what are the vaccinations you need to take, correct me if I'm wrong

Hi, why you ask the question? I thought when you do your medical the doctor will let you know what are the vaccinations you need to take, correct me if I'm wrong

The panel doctors typically charge more per vaccination so some people like to get the vaccinations elsewhere first. The problem with this approach is they have to go by the full CDC list, not realizing they will be exempted from some vaccinations due to age etc, and end up getting more vaccinations than they actually need. So whether or not it does actually end up cheaper is debatable.

greetings to you all,
I have a question. If a person had a vaccination certificate from IOM(Feb, 2019) but now has to go through the process again, for another 'visa category', in Nov, 2019, Will the vaccines be redone again for children and adults too?

The Feb 2019 check up was booked by a DV2019 2NL
For November 2019 check up you need to book using DV2020 2NL
1. The doctors forward your medical results to the embassy against the CN used to apply for it
2. Even if there was to be an exception, the first medical report is over 6 months already
3. You can carry the results of the February check up to help in reducing the incidence of double vaccination especially for those vaccinations which don't need to be repeated in less than 1 year

greetings to you all,
I have a question. If a person had a vaccination certificate from IOM(Feb, 2019) but now has to go through the process again, for another 'visa category', in Nov, 2019, Will the vaccines be redone again for children and adults too?
Bring all past vaccination certificates to the medical. It is not the “visa category” that is important, it is whether you have the required vaccinations.

The Feb 2019 check up was booked by a DV2019 2NL
For November 2019 check up you need to book using DV2020 2NL
1. The doctors forward your medical results to the embassy against the CN used to apply for it
2. Even if there was to be an exception, the first medical report is over 6 months already
3. You can carry the results of the February check up to help in reducing the incidence of double vaccination especially for those vaccinations which don't need to be repeated in less than 1 year
Yes. My question was, will they redo the vaccines again?

Hi guys! I'm very glad to have found this forum. I'm one of the lucky ones to have been selected for DV-2020 in Kenya. My CN is 2020AF00022XXX (I guess I'm that "Unknown" somewhere in the list haha!) and I submitted my DS-260 in May. I have read the whole thread and I have a lot of questions.
Short history about myself: I have lived in the U.S. under A1(Diplomatic) visa since I was 16 years old in 2010 up until 2016 when I was 22 years old. In 2016, I flew back here to switch my status before expiry of my A1 visa and applied for and received an F1 (Student) visa. Due to some financial issues paired with my misunderstanding of how this visa works, I flew to the U.S. at a later date than when my I-20 start date was. The CBP officer dealing with me at the airport in the U.S. tried to get into contact with my university but it was at night and past business hours. He then gave me an option to withdraw my application for entry and I took it. I have been in Kenya since and have not applied for any other visa.
Now, some of my questions are:
1. Should withdrawing my application for entry to the U.S. in the past cause any major problems during my interview or lower my chances of being approved for the Green Card? I haven't seen anyone with this kind of situation.
2. Since I graduated high school in the U.S. and got accepted in one of their public universities which require high school diploma, do I still need transcripts/certificates from my high school if I currently have my sealed university transcripts?
3. I'm still allowed to apply for DV-2021 in the meantime, right?

I can't remember my other questions at this time but I'll surely ask when I remember.

Hi guys! I'm very glad to have found this forum. I'm one of the lucky ones to have been selected for DV-2020 in Kenya. My CN is 2020AF00022XXX (I guess I'm that "Unknown" somewhere in the list haha!) and I submitted my DS-260 in May. I have read the whole thread and I have a lot of questions.
Short history about myself: I have lived in the U.S. under A1(Diplomatic) visa since I was 16 years old in 2010 up until 2016 when I was 22 years old. In 2016, I flew back here to switch my status before expiry of my A1 visa and applied for and received an F1 (Student) visa. Due to some financial issues paired with my misunderstanding of how this visa works, I flew to the U.S. at a later date than when my I-20 start date was. The CBP officer dealing with me at the airport in the U.S. tried to get into contact with my university but it was at night and past business hours. He then gave me an option to withdraw my application for entry and I took it. I have been in Kenya since and have not applied for any other visa.
1. Should withdrawing my application for entry to the U.S. in the past cause any major problems during my interview or lower my chances of being approved for the Green Card? I haven't seen anyone with this kind of situation.
2. Since I graduated high school in the U.S. and got accepted in one of their public universities which require high school diploma, do I still need transcripts/certificates from my high school if I currently have my sealed university transcripts?

I can't remember my other questions at this time but I'll surely ask when I remember.

1. For the reasons you state, probably not.
2. Yes, you need the high school diploma
3. Yes

Welcome and feel at home
Your answers are No Yes Yes

I'm still not answered. What my letter asks for are birth certificates, marriage certificates, passports, police clearance and court records. My question is, what about academic certificates, membership to professional bodies, letters of employment etc?
You need to submit only the requested documents