• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

I relocated to the US earlier than you and that's the info I got during my fiscal year and again, my bad I gave wrong info and I apologize to the poster.

Then again you need to take a chill pill and relay your correction properly. I didn't hurt you.. deal with your hurt, it's not that serious.

No, you didn’t hurt me, but your statements left uncorrected would certainly cause unnecessary panic among other forum members. Isn’t the point of being here to help others, not give them false information with potentially bad consequences?

Not sure why you got hurt by my correction enough to post again, a second response to the same post, it’s not that serious to be corrected on the internet... is it? Seems you’re the one who needs a chill pill!

Not yet. I was there on Thursday and they had misplaced his file. I'll go back next week to confirm if everything is in order.
Went through the same process. Were you referred to Counter 18 ? Had to go through a file reconstruction and still wait for another 3 weeks. The key is to follow up with them very often or get an insider who can push for you.

I relocated to the US earlier than you and that's the info I got during my fiscal year and again, my bad I gave wrong info and I apologize to the poster.

Then again you need to take a chill pill and relay your correction properly. I didn't hurt you.. deal with your hurt, it's not that serious.

There’s no need for this conversation to degenerate any further please. Your understanding was wrong as already pointed out, no need for this additional post regarding who relocated first. And by the way, you and Susie (and myself by the way) belong to the same FY - you’re both 2013 selectees. Of course not that this makes any difference to the guidance we’re trying to provide to these set of current selectees.

Let’s move on and not derail this thread.

Hello people, is it okay to do Medical examination like one day before the interview ?
The medicals take 2 days and the embassy receives the report after 24 hours thus your day 2 of medical should be at least 48 hours before the interview
If the xray has a problem you have an extra day to appear for another shot
But you can try your luck and schedule a day before the interview.
It costs nothing to create time for this process.
Best of luck with your choices

The medicals take 2 days and the embassy receives the report after 24 hours thus your day 2 of medical should be at least 48 hours before the interview
If the xray has a problem you have an extra day to appear for another shot
But you can try your luck and schedule a day before the interview.
It costs nothing to create time for this process.
Best of luck with your choices
Thanks alot.

Went through the same process. Were you referred to Counter 18 ? Had to go through a file reconstruction and still wait for another 3 weeks. The key is to follow up with them very often or get an insider who can push for you.
Thanks @Mhehoh, yes I was referred to counter 18. I'll try to look for an insider to push for me

greetings everyone,
I have a friend who needs advice.
She is a 2020 selectee. She has a child and she got married recently after selection.
She entered the lottery as single with her child. Now, they started living together with her husband back in Dec 2018 but formalised their marriage a week ago.
Her husband is not the biological father of the child. the biological father has done an affidavit foregoing all his rights to the child since he is the one appearing in the childs birth cert.
Now the lady is asking;
1. which date of marriage should she write in DS 260?
2. What will be required from the biological father of the child to show he has no interest in the child?
3. Is there anyhing required from her husband to show he has accepted the child as his?

Your guidance is really needed and highly appreciated.

From my understanding on the DS-260 add your current wedding date, You have to prove to the consular that the marriage is legit by bringing proof of engagement photos, Wedding Photos, Family photos with your hubby etc. On the the child what i know you will just have to go for the interview with an authorization letter from the biological father. I stand to be corrected if i am wrong.

Hi Fellow selectee 2020, A quick one, I received an email requesting for documents among which is a police certificate, In my country Uganda its valid for 6 month, and the Visa bulletin AF20XXX might be current in March but realistically April, by then my Police certificate will be expiring, does it mean i will have to get another one?

From my understanding on the DS-260 add your current wedding date, You have to prove to the consular that the marriage is legit by bringing proof of engagement photos, Wedding Photos, Family photos with your hubby etc. On the the child what i know you will just have to go for the interview with an authorization letter from the biological father. I stand to be corrected if i am wrong.
Thank you

Hi Fellow selectee 2020, A quick one, I received an email requesting for documents among which is a police certificate, In my country Uganda its valid for 6 month, and the Visa bulletin AF20XXX might be current in March but realistically April, by then my Police certificate will be expiring, does it mean i will have to get another one?
If you opt to send your documents immediately, and it happens the PCC has expired by the time you interview, you will need to renew it.

greetings everyone,
I have a friend who needs advice.
She is a 2020 selectee. She has a child and she got married recently after selection.
She entered the lottery as single with her child. Now, they started living together with her husband back in Dec 2018 but formalised their marriage a week ago.
Her husband is not the biological father of the child. the biological father has done an affidavit foregoing all his rights to the child since he is the one appearing in the childs birth cert.
Now the lady is asking;
1. which date of marriage should she write in DS 260?
2. What will be required from the biological father of the child to show he has no interest in the child?
3. Is there anyhing required from her husband to show he has accepted the child as his?

Your guidance is really needed and highly appreciated.
1. Date of marriage
2. Why should the father lose interest in his child?
Just a letter to show fathers consent for the kid to migrate with the mum
3. No