• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

I'm hoping they'll be out by the beginning of the next application.
That's true. A phone can always be replaced. One life's cannot. . Imagine it happened in broad day light. Aki it made me hate this country... lol
Oh heavens. Broad daylight? Is it one of the blackspots in Nairobi? So sad in this day and age people still steal phones. Don't hate the country, just a few bad apples. Could be worse, like SA.

Could be worse, like SA.

That statement is uncalled for!

Let’s be mindful of the fact that people from different parts of the world are represented in this forum, we need to be respectful of each other. The Kenyan thread is not visited by Kenyans alone. If you’re alluding to the xenophobic attacks going on in SA (which by the way has absolutely nothing to do with the DV process which is what this forum is about), hopefully you’re also aware of the big role racism currently plays in the US. And phones do get stolen at gun point in the US by the way. So let’s be civil and respectful of each other’s background/home country.

Oh heavens. Broad daylight? Is it one of the blackspots in Nairobi? So sad in this day and age people still steal phones. Don't hate the country, just a few bad apples. Could be worse, like SA.
No, it was along the southern bypass.

I
now I'm jealous. Lol. See, patience pays. You have saved quite a bit of money.
I almost got a middleman
I don't know why my ecitizen status never showed production, so I thought it wasn't being worked on
But we need to put our systems in place, 2 months is a long time
I hope the PCC will be as fast as guys have experienced so far

I filled my Ds 260 when the social media details part wasn't in force and now that it's there do I need to unlock my Ds 260 so that I can add social media details?

Meanwhile, the "jumping into conclusions" from someone here is a bit too much for me. I will be a spectator from now on.All the best people.

Last edited:
That statement is uncalled for!

Let’s be mindful of the fact that people from different parts of the world are represented in this forum, we need to be respectful of each other. The Kenyan thread is not visited by Kenyans alone. If you’re alluding to the xenophobic attacks going on in SA (which by the way has absolutely nothing to do with the DV process which is what this forum is about), hopefully you’re also aware of the big role racism currently plays in the US. And phones do get stolen at gun point in the US by the way. So let’s be civil and respectful of each other’s background/home country.
Explain to me, why you would bring up such an insensitive comment and compare it with Maggie's experience. Exactly how does a phone being stolen compare to what is going on in SA. It is not so hard to ask me to clarify what I meant without putting words in my mouth.

SA is viewed somewhat like a "first world country" even though it lies in Kenya. But guess what, their crime rate percentage puts them at the top especially economic crime rate. I did not even want to delve into US and it's issues because they are out there , PUBLIC. Yet, it is a sensitive topic for them too. And that is the origin of DV so why bring it up? You say we should be mindful of other countries yet you have called out US. I mean, since you brought it up, I may as well say, isn't there racism all over the world?

Kenya is not left behind with tribal clashes so why would I suggest that it is better than SA in that aspect. I am honestly appalled by your assumption. It's like walking on eggshells.

Allow me to say this out loud!
Your (not just you) tone in correction when it comes to AF groups is quite condescending compared to other regions. How about that. If that gets me kicked out here, I am okay too

@Sm1smom

Attachments

• atlas_HkmH02f_G.png
    atlas_HkmH02f_G.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Explain to me, why you would bring up such an insensitive comment and compare it with Maggie's experience. Exactly how does a phone being stolen compare to what is going on in SA. It is not so hard to ask me to clarify what I meant without putting words in my mouth.

SA is viewed somewhat like a "first world country" even though it lies in Kenya. But guess what, their crime rate percentage puts them at the top especially economic crime rate. I did not even want to delve into US and it's issues because they are out there , PUBLIC. Yet, it is a sensitive topic for them too. And that is the origin of DV so why bring it up? You say we should be mindful of other countries yet you have called out US. I mean, since you brought it up, I may as well say, isn't there racism all over the world?

Kenya is not left behind with tribal clashes so why would I suggest that it is better than SA in that aspect. I am honestly appalled by your assumption. It's like walking on eggshells.

Your (not just you) tone in correction when it comes to AF groups is quite condescending compared to other regions. How about that. If that gets me kicked out here, I am okay too

@Sm1smom

Again, the statement is uncalled for.

And you are entitled to your opinion regarding what my tone is like with the AF region. So I’m just gonna park it at that.

Your tone in correction when it comes to AF groups is quite condescending compared to other regions. How about that. If that gets me kicked out here, I am okay too
Again, the statement is uncalled for.

And you are entitled to your opinion regarding what my tone is like with the AF region. So I’m just gonna park it at that.
Yours is uncalled for too. And so is your tone with AF. Parked too
Thank you.

Meanwhile, the "jumping into conclusions" from someone here is a bit too much for me. I will be a spectator from now on.All the best people.

I for one found your comment offensive. Many African countries have problems. Crime might be horrible in SA, but at least people don’t get the death penalty for being gay, or suffer horrendous terrorist attacks on a semi-regular basis, or have civil war, like some other places in Africa. What’s the point in “at least we are not X or Y”, on a public forum that everyone sees? Exactly the same kind of thinking that leads to the current horrific situation in SA, come to think of it.

Yours is uncalled for too. And so is your tone with AF. Parked too
Thank you.

Now you just sound ignorant. Do you really have no idea where people here come from? Do you not stop to think about the fact that people who’ve won DV long ago, who really don’t need to be around, stay here to help upcoming people who..guess what, historically on this forum have been the majority from ..... Africa (admittedly a bit less traffic since Nigeria stoped being DV eligible, but still).

I for one found your comment offensive. Many African countries have problems. Crime might be horrible in SA, but at least people don’t get the death penalty for being gay, or suffer horrendous terrorist attacks on a semi-regular basis, or have civil war, like some other places in Africa. What’s the point in “at least we are not X or Y”, on a public forum that everyone sees? Exactly the same kind of thinking that leads to the current horrific situation in SA, come to think of it.
We already parked. Now you come guns blazing and calling out other countries the same way I called out SA and think that you are above the "insensitivity" level to. Can we play nice to all countries then? So you can call out countries for their laws e.g on gay people but no, when I call out a cpuntry for it being ahead in crime rates, woe unto me, I am soooo insensitive. It's like the pot calling the kettle black. You should have left it as it is. Why are you bringing issues that were furthest from my mind from a simple conversation about broad daylight robbery? All she could have said, and you too, was...thats uncalled for. It can be misinterpreted. Not making assumptions and trying to implicate me. Then that would have ended there.

Now you just sound ignorant. Do you really have no idea where people here come from? Do you not stop to think about the fact that people who’ve won DV long ago, who really don’t need to be around, stay here to help upcoming people who..guess what, historically on this forum have been the majority from ..... Africa (admittedly a bit less traffic since Nigeria stoped being DV eligible, but still).
You are the ignorant one. I for one explained why SA. Using economic crime stat which makes all else problems even worse. Nigeria or other African countries are not viewed as advanced as SA. Honestly, you don't have yo stop and bark at everything. This issue was already put to rest. What is it with you especially and AF regions? Seriously, stop it. Adding fire to fuel and continuing to bring things that are not related to DV yet you call me out for the same.

Last edited:
We already parked. Now you come guns blazing and calling out other countries the same way I called out SA and think that you are above the "insensitivity" level to. Can we play nice to all countries then? So you can call out countries for their laws e.g on gay people but no, when I call out a cpuntry for it being ahead in crime rates, woe unto me, I am soooo insensitive. It's like the pot calling the kettle black. You should have left it as it is. Why are you bringing issues that were furthest from my mind from a simple conversation about broad daylight robbery?

You are the ignorant one. I for one explained why SA. Using economic crime stat which makes all else problems even worse. Nigeria or other African countries are not viewed as advanced as SA. Honestly, you don't have yo stop and bark at everything. This issue was already put to rest. What is it with you especially and AF regions? Seriously, stop it. Adding fire to fuel and continuing to bring things that are not related to DV yet you call me out for the same.

What is it with me and AF regions? Is that a serious question?
And here’s the thing dude, you don’t get to say something dumb on the internet and then just decide to stop when you feel like it, if someone comes along later and gets upset they are perfectly entitled to respond. Tell me, do you think you will still be on the forums in 5 years helping other Africans, or you’ll be enjoying your own new life and not caring about people who need help, regardless where they come from, hmm!

What is it with me and AF regions? Is that a serious question?
And here’s the thing dude, you don’t get to say something dumb on the internet and then just decide to stop when you feel like it, if someone comes along later and gets upset they are perfectly entitled to respond. Tell me, do you think you will still be on the forums in 5 years helping other Africans, or you’ll be enjoying your own new life and not caring about people who need help, regardless where they come from, hmm!
Here is the thing duddette. That is the question you should have asked yourself. Not me. I am just here making conversation with fellow DV mates. What happens 5 years from now, I am no sooth sayer. I do know I love helping people. Not just for DV (which i have done over the years too) but in everyday life. I live in the present. Enjoying each moment with the my fellow dv mates. You and AF region? I have seen you especially called out on previous selectee years for your condescending attitude. Stop making assumptions. Oh and you do not need to say something dumb either. Be nice and understanding. Stop putting words in people's mouth. You also do not get to decide when to be insensitive either. Is too much to ask?

Last edited: