• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

I have a question,
i did my KCSE twice but i never went for my 2nd certificate as the results were same. I used the first certificate...Which cert will KNEC certify? 1st or 2nd? Woi
I noticed that if one takes the KCSE a second time, it has Retake on it. The best thing would be to go and get the second certificate since they are different. Then ask from KNEC which certificate they'll send. Most likely it will be the second one.

That would mean unlocking and changing year completed High Sch....
The second retake was never in my mind as i did most of learning alone..
I'm not sure you'll be able to unlock at this point. Most likely you'll be in the bunch that will receive their 2NLs this month since they have already processed the DS260s. Maybe try and contact either KCC or the embassy directly?

@JayR 2020AF000015**

As @Maggie.n mentioned, they will give you a protective shield for your belly.

Someone mentioned her only grievance was, in all their counselling and explanations, they told her this was extremely safe for the baby, but literally right before screening they make her sign a waiver which said they explained the dangers to her. Don't fret about it though.

Her daughter, a 3 years old, got 7 shots. all in one day. She also had a TB needle test done...the husband got 3 and she got 2 shots (I believe after providing their vaccination records). Discuss the shots with the doctor and see what they say.

It is said that if you have had chicken pox(they inquire), it knocks off about Kshs4500 from your medical costs.

Last edited:
@JayR 2020AF000015**

As @Maggie.n mentioned, they will give you a protective shield for your belly.

Someone mentioned her only grievance was, in all their counselling and explanations, they told her this was extremely safe for the baby, but literally right before screening they make her sign a waiver which said they explained the dangers to her. Don't fret about it though.

Her daughter, a 3 years old, got 7 shots. all in one day. She also had a TB needle test done...the husband got 3 and she got 2 shots (I believe after providing their vaccination records). Discuss the shots with the doctor and see what they say.

It is said that if you have had chicken pox(they inquire), it knocks off about Kshs4500 from your medical costs.
I actually just read this at 2015 thread...Scarry right?

You mean in the case of TB? Jean and I were talking of going for screening to avoid those nasty surprises that can cause delay in processing. After all it's free.
@JayR 2020AF000015** The sputum test only happens incase they find a scar in your X Ray. The pregnant lady and her family in 2015 Kenya DV selectees were to have their interview on Sept 8th. Her husband's Xray was redone and still found to have a scar. IOM doc said he'd have their interview cancelled. This would have meant his results would be out way after Sept 30th. She was lucky her father is a prominent person in Kenya. Had a meeting with the US ambassador then and vouala, they were allowed to go ahead with the interview and got their visas. Others who were closing in like them were not as lucky.

I actually just read this at 2015 thread...Scarry right?
Very scary but with the right connections in her case.....

I really pity a UG lady who's sone, I think 8 years old was found to have a scar. Once they got cleared after the sputum test, she could not get a new interview date. I just wish they'd allow families to go through with the interview dates as set and put them on AP. There were some years people were lucky to do that. Some IOM docs make it difficult though and send an email to have interviews cancelled.

Very scary but with the right connections in her case.....

I really pity a UG lady who's sone, I think 8 years old was found to have a scar. Once they got cleared after the sputum test, she could not get a new interview date. I just wish they'd allow families to go through with the interview dates as set and put them on AP. There were some years people were lucky to do that. Some IOM docs make it difficult though and send an email to have interviews cancelled.
It's really sad. But I saw someone say you can visit the Embassy and pay a fee of USD 150 and present your case and might get scheduled immediately

It's really sad. But I saw someone say you can visit the Embassy and pay a fee of USD 150 and present your case and might get scheduled immediately

What some would do is, they'd schedule an NIV visa. Then when they get there, the people who sort NIV and IV visas now put them in the right place. I guess you'd part with an NIV fee alongside the IV fee

Ooh I now understand
What some would do is, they'd schedule an NIV visa. Then when they get there, the people who sort NIV and IV visas now put them in the right place. I guess you'd part with an NIV fee alongside the IV fee

Ooh I now understand. Myself I wouldn't mind parting with the fee as long as I feel am on the way to getting the IV

Welcome @janique Have you filled your DS260 form yet?

With your CN, you have some time.

1. Do you have the current passport?
2. Birth Certificate
3. 2nd Generation ID?
All these should match in names.

1. In the DS260 form, use the correct names
2. Have you officiated the marriage? That us, you have an official document aka Marriage Certificate. Indicate that on your DS 260 form. On the main page, it will then give you an option to add a DS260 form for your now husband.
3. I believe once you indicate in the DS260 form that you have one child, another option to add DS260 form will come up too. Make sure you fill one out for the baby.

4. You CN is high but this year, we have read that there are many holes so you just never know. Sometimes high case numbers are asked not to submit DS 260 forms so soon so as to avoid the "immigration intent" clause when applying for NIV ...incase the number does not go current. I'd say go for it anyway.

PS: Do not continue as single if you have a marriage certificate.
Kindly explain about this hole thing

I advised her from my understanding that only her birth certificate has a different name. In case it happens to be so and instead chooses to change ID, then she will be required to change every other document. I stand to be corrected.
She shd put in the correct name in the dsif all the others are matching only the id and i think here is a matter of spelling she can get affidavit...like me my kcpe cert reads hanna same with my id bt the rest reads hannah.thou whats in the id is whats in. My ppt

She shd put in the correct name in the dsif all the others are matching only the id and i think here is a matter of spelling she can get affidavit...like me my kcpe cert reads hanna same with my id bt the rest reads hannah.thou whats in the id is whats in. My ppt
Hi @Wanjiku hannah
In her case, an affidavit wont work since Immigration dpt dont issue passports using affidavits....the B.C will have to match names with ID for them to process her passport.