• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

then I have a question,,I made a mistake during my lottery application and instead of JECINTA which is into the ID we applied with JACINTA now my green card letter is having a different name with my ID and other documents what should I do?

secondly, I applied while single but now am married with a 7 months old kid should I include them in the form D-260 or should my status remain single and if I succeed they join me later in USA?
my 3rd question is,,my CN2020AFXXX62xxx is above 50k what are the chances?thanks as I wait for UA response

then I have a question,,I made a mistake during my lottery application and instead of JECINTA which is into the ID we applied with JACINTA now my green card letter is having a different name with my ID and other documents what should I do?

secondly, I applied while single but now am married with a 7 months old kid should I include them in the form D-260 or should my status remain single and if I succeed they join me later in USA?
my 3rd question is,,my CN2020AFXXX62xxx is above 50k what are the chances?thanks as I wait for UA response
From what i have gathered:
1. make sure when filling the DS 260 you input the correct name.
2. If you got married after application of EDV, add your spouse, hoping you have formalised your marriage (from my own experience) and fill a DS 260 for him too. Also, add the child as from her/his age, he was born after EDV? Fill DS 260 for the child too.
3. Cant say much but i would say safe.

All the three of you require passports.

From what i have gathered:
1. make sure when filling the DS 260 you input the correct name.
2. If you got married after application of EDV, add your spouse, hoping you have formalised your marriage (from my own experience) and fill a DS 260 for him too. Also, add the child as from her/his age, he was born after EDV? Fill DS 260 for the child too.
3. Cant say much but i would say safe.

All the three of you require passports.

so @jay do u mean I should not change my documents to read JACINTA according to the green card but fill the form D-260 according to my ID?

Hey anyone here with different names on Id and birth cert how did you go about getting a passport

Just have your ID changed to what your birth certificate reads. It is the easiest. Birth Cert and Passport should match. ID will assist you with your PCC so it is best to match it with your 2 most important documens in this process.

hallo everyone,,have won the DV lottery don't know where to start,,someone help
Welcome @janique Have you filled your DS260 form yet?

With your CN, you have some time.

1. Do you have the current passport?
2. Birth Certificate
3. 2nd Generation ID?
All these should match in names.

1. In the DS260 form, use the correct names
2. Have you officiated the marriage? That us, you have an official document aka Marriage Certificate. Indicate that on your DS 260 form. On the main page, it will then give you an option to add a DS260 form for your now husband.
3. I believe once you indicate in the DS260 form that you have one child, another option to add DS260 form will come up too. Make sure you fill one out for the baby.

4. You CN is high but this year, we have read that there are many holes so you just never know. Sometimes high case numbers are asked not to submit DS 260 forms so soon so as to avoid the "immigration intent" clause when applying for NIV ...incase the number does not go current. I'd say go for it anyway.

PS: Do not continue as single if you have a marriage certificate.

Last edited:
Hi Mpokomo,
My husband had the same issue some time 2017. He swore an affidavit but still he was denied a passport and was told to realign his names as per how he wants them to be. In his case, all documents had the same name as ID only the birth certificate had a different name. So he went back to his birth district and requested for name change on his birth cert to match every other document. He was issued with a new birth cert and thats what he used to apply for a passport.
hope this helps
My concern with birth certificate changes is raising red flags when it comes to the embassy. If @Mpokomo lady 's only issue is ID, I'd rather a change on the ID. This is assuming all other documents match the birth certificate.

My concern with birth certificate changes is raising red flags when it comes to the embassy. If @Mpokomo lady 's only issue is ID, I'd rather a change on the ID. This is assuming all other documents match the birth certificate.

The instructions on the form are that documents must match the passport, and that is what is supposed to be on the entry, if everything suddenly changes from what is on the EDV that could lead to questions.

As for KCSE, all I keep seeing with previous recent Kenyan selectees as D plain. @JayR 2020AF000015** We will be depending in you to confirm their recent requirement as you might be informed about it on your way into the embassy for the interview.

The instructions on the form are that documents must match the passport, and that is what is supposed to be on the entry, if everything suddenly changes from what is on the EDV that could lead to questions.
Yes, but if she or he does not have a passport yet, the birth certificate supercedes that since that is what they will use to apply for the passport. Jay indicated in her comment that someone was denied a Passport application because their ID and birth certificate did not match hence my reply.

The reason why I love the new 2021 requirements about having a Passport for EDV to avoid these kind of issues.

I advised her from my understanding that only her birth certificate has a different name. In case it happens to be so and instead chooses to change ID, then she will be required to change every other document. I stand to be corrected.