• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

So that re-entry was before your interview? I don’t actually know tbh. Applying for AOS is a definite expression of immigrant intent, it may or may not cause problems when you re-enter. Maybe @Sm1smom has a better idea if it could be a problem. If it were me personally I probably wouldn’t risk it. How much longer till your degree is finished and you return home permanently?
That re-entry was before the interview. My visa is until 2023.

Before the interview I was out of status for some time, then I reinstated it and re-entered the coutry. The reason for denial was the visa violation. Now I want to go to my home country and come back. Do you think it would be safe to reentry ?

If your AOS application was denied due to visa violation, I doubt that particular visa is still valid for travel. I wouldn’t take the risk of traveling outside the US until my program is over if I was in your situation.

Hello everybody,

@Sm1smom, I have 1 question for you.

I had interview on march 2, during the interview officer told me that she cannot give me a decision because my medical form isn’t complete, and made RFE. When I got home, I find out that doctor simply didn’t mark one of the required checkboxes. So I received corrected one at the doctor office, and sent it immediately. In a week my case status changed to “Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It”
After 5 month having patience, I made service request and got respond in same day:

“USCIS has reviewed your Service Request. According to USCIS records, your application is still pending consideration. Your case was submitted to a supervisor for review. This is a standard process we use to ensure the quality of our decisions. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you.”
We regret that we are not able to give you a time frame for when we will complete the review of your application.

What would you do in this case, just base on your knowledge and experience over the years?
Good afternoon, how did your story end? What is the result, are you approved? I am going roughly your way, but have not sent the documents yet.

Good afternoon, how did your story end? What is the result, are you approved? I am going roughly your way, but have not sent the documents yet.
In what way are you “going same way” as OP when you haven’t even sent in your AOS package? Do you mean you’re under the same FO as OP or your medical exam form wasn’t fully completed by your CS? If the issue is with your medical form, the solution is to return to your CS and get the form completed. Anyway, this OP successfully completed the process, they got their GC, read about their outcome here

Hello everyone, I have been studying this forum during the last months but, having no hope for success, was not brave enough to post anything myself.
Today, almost at the last day of FY, my online account finally changed to:
Case Was Approved
On September 29, 2020, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number ...

and I feel an amazing relief and still can’t believe it’s not a dream.
Just in case if this might become helpful for someone in the future DV’s with the similar situation, I have entered CA end of 2018 with B1/B2 visa with no intention to stay, but later (Within next few months and before my permission of stay expired) had to apply for Asylum and was in Pending for Asylum up to now. In May 2019 I discovered that my DV 2020 application has been randomly selected. The European case number was pretty high (34xxx) and after reading all available information regarding my chances to adjust the status, I was almost sure I have none, but still decided to try and do everything from my side. The brief timeline is:
06/01/20-Case number becomes current
07/02/20-AOS package sent to Chicago lockbox
07/06/20-documents received
07/13/20-notice regarding biometrics reuse
08/13/20-IL mailed
09/11/20-interview took place at SJ FO
09/28/20-online status changed to “New card has been produced “
09/29/20-online status changed to “Case was approved”

I am so so grateful to all the wonderful people here who share their experience and to @Sm1smom and @Britsimon. Your activity and support are priceless. You share knowledge and give advices with such a patience! Thank you very much!
I am feeling absolutely happy today and can’t believe this stressful process has come to a happy end
Hello. As we are pleased to read your experience, we hope we will be so lucky this year.

@DV2020 @StressedAOSApplicant @alina123 @zukko78 @Pascale_20EU36k @Nyankosensei

Hi DV2020ers of Santa Ana,

I am a DV2021er of Santa Ana and my question is, did you guys include your medical examination report in the AOS package? The rules of USCIS says that applicants can either include it in the package or exclude it and bring it to the interview, however, I've also heard people getting RFE because they did not include it. I'm not sure what to do and therefore your thoughts and experience are appreciated. Thank you!

@DV2020 @StressedAOSApplicant @alina123 @zukko78 @Pascale_20EU36k @Nyankosensei

Hi DV2020ers of Santa Ana,

I am a DV2021er of Santa Ana and my question is, did you guys include your medical examination report in the AOS package? The rules of USCIS says that applicants can either include it in the package or exclude it and bring it to the interview, however, I've also heard people getting RFE because they did not include it. I'm not sure what to do and therefore your thoughts and experience are appreciated. Thank you!
Hi, the people I know included it into package. I personally did. However some folks bringing it to the interview. You will definitely find more accurate information in 2021 thread.

Hi, the people I know included it into package. I personally did. However some folks bringing it to the interview. You will definitely find more accurate information in 2021 thread.
Hi @Marconi, thanks for replying! It is now included as supporting evidence for I-485 and therefore should be included in the package.

We included a medical examination in our package and sent it along with all the documents by mail.

Hello everybody,

@Sm1smom, I have 1 question for you.

I had interview on march 2, during the interview officer told me that she cannot give me a decision because my medical form isn’t complete, and made RFE. When I got home, I find out that doctor simply didn’t mark one of the required checkboxes. So I received corrected one at the doctor office, and sent it immediately. In a week my case status changed to “Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It”
After 5 month having patience, I made service request and got respond in same day:

“USCIS has reviewed your Service Request. According to USCIS records, your application is still pending consideration. Your case was submitted to a supervisor for review. This is a standard process we use to ensure the quality of our decisions. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you.”
We regret that we are not able to give you a time frame for when we will complete the review of your application.

What would you do in this case, just base on your knowledge and experience over the years?
Hello. I know it's been a year now
but maybe you will look into this chat. I saw on the sign that you received a green card approval pending political asylum. Tell me. Did the officer ask you questions about your political asylum case?

Hello. I know it's been a year now
but maybe you will look into this chat. I saw on the sign that you received a green card approval pending political asylum. Tell me. Did the officer ask you questions about your political asylum case?
Hello, some of the questions were asked, like the reason of applying for asylum, when it did happen, If I already was invited for asylum interview.

Hi @Sm1smom hope you are doing great and thanks for all your support! I'm a DV2020 Selecteed, waiting till april 2022 to see what the chances are to submit an AOS application. Please Sm1smom can you share your thoughts on this regard! Thanks in advance and have a wonderful weekend.

Hi @Sm1smom hope you are doing great and thanks for all your support! I'm a DV2020 Selecteed, waiting till april 2022 to see what the chances are to submit an AOS application. Please Sm1smom can you share your thoughts on this regard! Thanks in advance and have a wonderful weekend.
1. DV 2020 selectees eligible to process AOS were not impacted by the ban which led to visa preservation by Judge Mehta - so I don’t see the likelihood of USCIS approving any more DV 2020 based AOS application.
2. You’re currently out of status, considering you now have a pending asylum case, right(?) - another reason which makes it unlikely USCIS will approve such a case.
3. You were obviously not based in the US during the DV 2020 FY which is why you couldn’t process AOS back then - a potential case of entering the US with a preconceived intent of filing for AOS.
4. Considering you did select CP as the processing option on your DS260 back then, if you were found to be eligible to receive one of the reserved visas, KCC will be forwarding your case file to the embassy with jurisdiction over the address you had listed on the submitted DS260 form.

1. DV 2020 selectees eligible to process AOS were not impacted by the ban which led to visa preservation by Judge Mehta - so I don’t see the likelihood of USCIS approving any more DV 2020 based AOS application.
2. You’re currently out of status, considering you now have a pending asylum case, right(?) - another reason which makes it unlikely USCIS will approve such a case.
3. You were obviously not based in the US during the DV 2020 FY which is why you couldn’t process AOS back then - a potential case of entering the US with a preconceived intent of filing for AOS.
4. Considering you did select CP as the processing option on your DS260 back then, if you were found to be eligible to receive one of the reserved visas, KCC will be forwarding your case file to the embassy with jurisdiction over the address you had listed on the submitted DS260 form.
Thanks for your quick reply Sm1smom, I appreciate it. but I never fill out the DS-260 that is why I never that form. Also embassies stop processing DV cases at that time. Things happened and due to political reasons I could not live anymore in my country of origin and I came to the US last year with my family. What do you think?

Thanks for your quick reply Sm1smom, I appreciate it. but I never fill out the DS-260 that is why I never that form. Also embassies stop processing DV cases at that time. Things happened and due to political reasons I could not live anymore in my country of origin and I came to the US last year with my family. What do you think?
Thanks for your quick reply Sm1smom, I appreciate it. but I never fill out the DS-260 that is why I never send that form. Also embassies stop processing DV cases at that time. Things happened and due to political reasons I could not live anymore in my country of origin and I came to the US last year with my family. What do you think?

Thanks for your quick reply Sm1smom, I appreciate it. but I never fill out the DS-260 that is why I never send that form. Also embassies stop processing DV cases at that time. Things happened and due to political reasons I could not live anymore in my country of origin and I came to the US last year with my family. What do you think?
You’re not even eligible for one of the reserved visas if you never submitted the DS260 to start with.