• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

You yourself brought up the fact that civil surgeon wasn't physically present in your medical exam or IO found it out?
The IO started asking about the medical, question like How old was the doctor and What was his hair color? I called the doctor's office and they said there are multiple cases like mine. I said everything that was true to my recollection and the IO said civil surgeon needs to be physically present and verify the identity of the person doing the medical.

So I guess the IO already knew about that particular civil surgeon from other cases.

The physical was not completely remote, the assistant physician did examine me in person and after that, he connected the main doctor over skype and we talked in private. I most probably need to re-do the physical but the IO told me to wait for the letter because he needs to confirm whether DV visas are available or not.

I am thinking of doing the medical again before the letter arrives and since this will give me some days of advantage. What do you suggest?

Also the clinic I did my medical from offered me a new I-693 but I don't know whether I can use that or not?

@rameshkrsah could you please write your info at the "DV2020 AOS Timelines" shared document? Thank you

Our lawyer who worked on our dv case did not come to our interview. We had a call the night before when we went over what will happen and what to expect. Told us to let the officer guide the interview and not volunteer any extra information beyond what they are asking for. Said that the officer would be really nice which he was. We just had to sign a waiver saying we are ok proceeding with the interview without our attorney present. And to be honest the office was pretty cramp (impossible to social distance for everyone) and there was only two chairs available so I'm not sure how would that work with the attorney there.

I see that your info in the timeline shared document is empty, could you please fill it out? Thank you

I see that @val94 is reminding people to fill out their info on the timeline. Please guys, it is very helpful to the rest of the AOSers who are waiting for biometrics or interviews, and especially for next year’s applicants. The timeline is one of the most helpful tools in this process, so everyone will appreciate it if you don’t miss filling out your information. Especially if someone is located at a “non-popular” FO.

Thanks!

I’m sorry if I‘m missing something, but why there in no column for CPO date in this year timeline spreadsheet? I saw it in previous years and I feel like it could be very useful this year with more people getting approved w/o IV.

I have updated the timeline sheet. I had my bio taken August 3rd. Online status changed the next day to reflect that finger prints were taken. I am just now waiting for a decision on the green card and trying to not turn into a nervous wreck waiting. Counting down days to September 30th, checking my online status every hour and trying (unsuccessfully) not to worry.

I have updated the timeline sheet. I had my bio taken August 3rd. Online status changed the next day to reflect that finger prints were taken. I am just now waiting for a decision on the green card and trying to not turn into a nervous wreck waiting. Counting down days to September 30th, checking my online status every hour and trying (unsuccessfully) not to worry.
There are still people on the same boat as you :D
Hopefully, we will receive that New card produced message soon enough!

I’m sorry if I‘m missing something, but why there in no column for CPO date in this year timeline spreadsheet? I saw it in previous years and I feel like it could be very useful this year with more people getting approved w/o IV.

It was included, not sure what happened to it.

I see that @val94 is reminding people to fill out their info on the timeline. Please guys, it is very helpful to the rest of the AOSers who are waiting for biometrics or interviews, and especially for next year’s applicants. The timeline is one of the most helpful tools in this process, so everyone will appreciate it if you don’t miss filling out your information. Especially if someone is located at a “non-popular” FO.

Thanks!
What we are seeing this year is unprecedented due to Covid-19 situations and timelines won't be much useful for DV selectees who are going to adjust their status in coming years!

What we are seeing this year is unprecedented due to Covid-19 situations and timelines won't be much useful for DV selectees who are going to adjust their status in coming years!
Hm, actually I think it’s useful for future years to see how quickly uscis responds when things happen late, it’s a common question. Agree that gaps from those who filed pre covid won’t be as useful. In any case - we shouldn’t be deciding for future users what they will find useful, this works best when everyone contributes, simple.

Last edited:
The IO started asking about the medical, question like How old was the doctor and What was his hair color? I called the doctor's office and they said there are multiple cases like mine. I said everything that was true to my recollection and the IO said civil surgeon needs to be physically present and verify the identity of the person doing the medical.

So I guess the IO already knew about that particular civil surgeon from other cases.
Hello,
I am actually in the same situation: because of COVID-19, the CS was not physically present during the consultation. I talked to her remotely and the nurses did the physical examination. The worst thing in my case is: the CS stamped the envelope (with signed forms but without closing the envelope) and sent it to the nurses. When my husband went to pick them up, the nurse added many papers (lab results...) which made the envelope much bigger and sealed it with tape. Because the envelope was much bigger, the stamps and signature were no longer meeting exactly... We still decided to go ahead and attach it the application. But now I am considering to make another medical examination to be prepared for the interview even if it is not scheduled yet (did Bio on 08/04). But then... how to bring it up during the interview...?
What do you think Mom?
Thank you

Hello,
I am actually in the same situation: because of COVID-19, the CS was not physically present during the consultation. I talked to her remotely and the nurses did the physical examination. The worst thing in my case is: the CS stamped the envelope (with signed forms but without closing the envelope) and sent it to the nurses. When my husband went to pick them up, the nurse added many papers (lab results...) which made the envelope much bigger and sealed it with tape. Because the envelope was much bigger, the stamps and signature were no longer meeting exactly... We still decided to go ahead and attach it the application. But now I am considering to make another medical examination to be prepared for the interview even if it is not scheduled yet (did Bio on 08/04). But then... how to bring it up during the interview...?
What do you think Mom?
Thank you
Hi @Hirouri ,

What I did is I called the clinic today that took my physical. I explained the situation and said there are several cases when IO found out that civil surgeon wasn't present during examination and the cases were put on hold. She was shocked as they always had the nurse practitioner who was taking physicals and no problem acquired so far, but agreed to schedule a meeting with civil surgeon who signed my papers. I will have to drive to a different city, but I am ready to, only to have my reexamination done.

If you decide to do the same, you can support your argument with the point 1 from I-693 instruction (Civil Surgeon's section) - it states that the applicant has to sign section 5 from the form in presence on the surgeon. Plus, surgeon has to identify the applicant. Good luck!

Hello,
What do you think Mom?
Thank you

If you redo the medical exam, you inform the IO you have a replacement medical report to submit and if he/she asks why, you simply explain the medical CS did not complete the previous medical exam for you in person as required.

If you redo the medical exam, you inform the IO you have a replacement medical report to submit and if he/she asks why, you simply explain the medical CS did not complete the previous medical exam for you in person as required.
Shouldn't we just follow the flow of the conversation? If IO asks about i-693 and specifically if physician was present, then it makes sense to bring up all this situation and give the new i-693.

Please don't consider that I disagree with you. Just want to see what would be the best option. Probably I am overthinking. Please advise. Thanks!

I spoke with tier 2 representative today and he said he can't see our interview information on the system. According to him, the system shows only the biometrics information, like there wasn't any interview at all. He was clearly surprised that we've been already through the interview and after asking a few details about the interview, he said that he will put a service request for our case.

*Our interview has been done on July 30 at the Newark FO and biometrics were taken on August 3rd at Hackensack ASC.

Dear @Sm1smom, could you please provide any suggestions on this. It looks like the officer at FO hasn't updated our case, but even if it is, shouldn't tier 2 see that our interview has been done?

Today, we went to Biometric appointment at Westchester, NY.
Since I have code 2 bio appointment, I printed out the reply from USCIS on code error.
When we started Biometric after scanning the barcode of the appointment, the screen showed Code 3.
Staff took a picture, 10 finger prints and my signature scan.
They said this issue was very common recently and the code 2 would be corrected at USCIS side already.
It took just 10-15 minutes to go through all processes.

Shouldn't we just follow the flow of the conversation? If IO asks about i-693 and specifically if physician was present, then it makes sense to bring up all this situation and give the new i-693.

Please don't consider that I disagree with you. Just want to see what would be the best option. Probably I am overthinking. Please advise. Thanks!

Please use your discretion.