• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hi @Sm1smom. Today i received my decision notice, please see attachments. As we already discuss, it was because my pending asylum status or out of status. But now my big concern is what i highlight in second page (in fact the letter has 13 pages).. Does my asylum pending status protect me from that removal, right?
Obviously, doesn't have any sense assist to my bio appointment on next monday because as you said before and the letter confirm, i can't appeal this decision.

Attachments

• page 1.JPG
    page 1.JPG
    366.8 KB · Views: 259
  • page 2.JPG
    page 2.JPG
    683.2 KB · Views: 265
  • page 3.JPG
    page 3.JPG
    289.2 KB · Views: 235
Update on my case. My congressman’s office just called and said my interview is scheduled for August 25th at the Houston field office. I haven’t gotten a notice in the mail yet but it was sent out today. I am still waiting for my biometrics to be scheduled and I updated the spreadsheet.
Hi @KDA ,

Congrats with scheduled interview! How long did it take for your congress office to get back to you (from the moment you submitted the request)? Thanks!

Hopefully, I don't receive something like this. My ASC officer told me I was done with biometrics even though 2 or 3 of my fingers were showing yellow caution sign on the system.
My husband and I also got a yellow caution sign on some of our fingers, yet we got approved. So the yellow caution is not indicative of there being a problem with using your fingerprints.

Hi @Sm1smom. Today i received my decision notice, please see attachments. As we already discuss, it was because my pending asylum status or out of status. But now my big concern is what i highlight in second page (in fact the letter has 13 pages).. Does my asylum pending status protect me from that removal, right?
Obviously, doesn't have any sense assist to my bio appointment on next monday because as you said before and the letter confirm, i can't appeal this decision.

Sorry again about your denial and thanks for sharing the actual letter. Considering your asylum petition was already pending prior to your AOS filing, removal proceedings cannot be initiated until after the asylum application has been fully adjudicated. The wording is a generic inclusion note on all case denial, it is not applicable in your case.

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone was able to request for expedited processing for the AOS DV 2020 due to the Covid situation?
I am trying but when I see the options:
  • Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
    1. File the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or
    2. Respond to any requests for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner;
  • Urgent humanitarian reasons;
  • Compelling U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
  • Clear USCIS error.
I am confused on how I could ask for expedited processing...

Thank you everyone!

Cloe

Hello Mom,
I had my bio taken on 08/04 and still have no IL (my status is "fingerprint taken"). KCC told me that my FO requested my file on 08/04 too.
Maybe I am overthinking again but what would happen if our status change to "card being produced" at the very last moment (09/30). Would is still be "OK"? Because looking at the other applicant, it looks like it can take a quite a long time between "card being produced" and "card was mailed" and actual receipt... looking at the timelines from previous year, it looks like no one received his/her GC after 10/03, as if the actual date production had to be within September month. I know this is a special year with unprecedented GC production delay... but I fear some of us face issue if our card hasn't been produced in the middle of Oct/Nov...

With the wave of IVs and fast approvals in the recent days (which is awesome), people who have not heard from USCIS in a while may feel uneasy. I am too did my fingerprints 10 days ago and haven’t heard anything after that yet. I am now worried that something is wrong or they forgot about my case. But different FO have different timelines so let’s hope for the best. There is still time, I hope that the officer is working on my case and I’ll hear some good news soon.

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone was able to request for expedited processing for the AOS DV 2020 due to the Covid situation?
I am trying but when I see the options:
  • Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioner’s or applicant’s failure to:
    1. File the benefit request or the expedite request in a reasonable time frame, or
    2. Respond to any requests for additional evidence in a reasonably timely manner;
  • Urgent humanitarian reasons;
  • Compelling U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for the Department of Defense or DHS, or other public safety or national security interests); or
  • Clear USCIS error.
I am confused on how I could ask for expedited processing...

Thank you everyone!

Cloe

If COVID-19 was allowed as an expedite reason all pending AOS cases will be eligible to file an expedite. Have you taken a look at the Timeline spreadsheet to see if there’s someone else from your FO - that should give you an idea of what is going on with your FO to start with.

Hello Mom,
I had my bio taken on 08/04 and still have no IL (my status is "fingerprint taken"). KCC told me that my FO requested my file on 08/04 too.
Maybe I am overthinking again but what would happen if our status change to "card being produced" at the very last moment (09/30). Would is still be "OK"? Because looking at the other applicant, it looks like it can take a quite a long time between "card being produced" and "card was mailed" and actual receipt... looking at the timelines from previous year, it looks like no one received his/her GC after 10/03, as if the actual date production had to be within September month. I know this is a special year with unprecedented GC production delay... but I fear some of us face issue if our card hasn't been produced in the middle of Oct/Nov...

It doesn’t matter if the card doesn’t get produced by December or January 2021. What matters is for the case to be approved by 9/30 COB.

If COVID-19 was allowed as an expedite reason all pending AOS cases will be eligible to file an expedite. Have you taken a look at the Timeline spreadsheet to see if there’s someone else from your FO - that should give you an idea of what is going on with your FO to start with.
Thank you!
My lawyer had told be to ask for expedited processing due to the urgency of the situation but i'm not sure it's possible I just receive my receipt number by text and am pending for the letter to arrive.
My FO (Brooklyn, NY) seems to be reopeneed but not to full capacity and time frame seems to be 1/2 month to get an interview.
Anyway thanks for the help

Thank you!
My lawyer had told be to ask for expedited processing due to the urgency of the situation but i'm not sure it's possible I just receive my receipt number by text and am pending for the letter to arrive.
My FO (Brooklyn, NY) seems to be reopeneed but not to full capacity and time frame seems to be 1/2 month to get an interview.

So precisely what are you paying this lawyer for? They’re asking you to request an expedite but wouldn’t submit the request on your behalf or provide you with further guidance on the selection criteria. Your FO is clearly very familiar with DV based AOS cases, they will do their best at accommodating you, but doing their best still has to been in alignment with their workload. You filed a couple of weeks ago, the process still has to take its course regardless.

Thank you!
Just sharing my experience, when I went for interview I saw a notice paper within my file there where when NBC sends out package to FO they send a notice with big block letters saying "MUST BE ADJUDICATE BY SEPTEMBER 30, 2020". So it seems NBC make a note to FO for deadline. So the officer might schedule interview sooner or they will adjudicate before FY. I deadline is approaching nearer but you need to have patience.

Just a quick update on my case.
After less than 3 weeks of waiting the status has changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me".
Hopefully, I receive it soon.
Thus, no worries. It takes longer, but once you are approved you will get it eventually in about 3 weeks or so.
Hey @dvelopp, congrats! Let us know when you get the card in the mail!
I was also wondering -- did you get the welcome letter in the mail? If yes, what was the timeline like?
Thanks!

Hello,

I had my interview today and after going over I-485 the IO started asking questions about I-693. After establishing that the doctor was not physically present during the check-up (the doctor was remotely connected via Skype by his assistant) he ended the interview and asked me to sit in the lobby. He said that the rule states that the doctor need to be physically present during the check-up and also personally verify the identity of the person. After that, he talked with his supervisor and handed me letter with the case being held in review option check-marked. I asked him whether I should re-do my medical exam, but he said he needs to check first for the availability of DV VISAS and then he will send me a letter stating what to do.

I also talked with a person from the clinic I did the medical, and he told me that recently this issue has come up and in the past, the doctor not being present physically was not an issue. Also, there are multiple cases like mine who did the medical from the same clinic. He told me they are trying to fix this but have not figure out what to do yet. Honestly, I don't think they can do much, but not following the rules of I-693 is really upsetting.

Lastly, I reminded the IO about the time-sensitive nature of DV cases and he said he will consider that.

I know that right now I can't do anything about this until the letter from USCIS arrives. I just wanted to share this with you guys so that you are aware of this and also hear your thoughts.

@Sm1smom I know you are doing a lot for us, and if you can guide me with this then it would mean a lot for me. Thanks again for all that you are doing.

Hi @Sm1smom,
I called USCIS and tried to talk with tier 2. After convincing tier 1 to connect me, I received a call back within 7 hours and talked with tier 2. I tried to ask him to put an interview service request and described that I have only less than 50 days for my case to be processed. However, she was not friendly and she was not familiar with DV cases. She told me to call us after 60 days if you do not see any change in your case, I still tried to explain her that I have less than 50 days; however, she just hung up on me. I am so stressed in this situation.
Do you think I can call again tomorrow and try to ask for a service request or they might already have notes on their system that I did ask it today?
Thanks.