• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hi Everyone,

I would like to share the timeline of my DV case.

Field office: San Francisco
Chicago Lockbox: June 1
Acceptance Text: June 11
Payment cashed: June 12
NOA Letter received date: June 16
Interview letter received date: July 14
Bio Letter received date: July 25
Interview date: July 30
Bio date: August 6

***My case status was updated to "New Card is being produced" on Aug 10.***

I would like to thank everyone on this forum for sharing your information
and helping each other. I really want to specially thank @Sm1smom and @SusieQQQ. Both of you sacrifice your time to support this
people on the forum. I really appreciate it.

I hope every AOSer will succeed and hear good news soon.:)

Congrats! By the way, I can't find your info in the timeline sheet.

Hi all,

I am not posting much on the forum but I have been actively following. First, thank you for your informative discussions.
I have recently got my NOA regarding I-485 submission and I'm waiting for biometrics/interview dates at the moment. From what I can see from other's timelines, it is possible to finish this before the Sept 30 deadline, but it will be very tight for sure.

My question to Mom and fellow AOSers: What suggestions do you have for me and others in my situation? A few of you have submitted service requests, do you recommend doing the same at this point? I will appreciate if you also have other tips regarding how to save time or avoid losing time (in short, how to be time efficient).

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

I am not posting much on the forum but I have been actively following. First, thank you for your informative discussions.
I have recently got my NOA regarding I-485 submission and I'm waiting for biometrics/interview dates at the moment. From what I can see from other's timelines, it is possible to finish this before the Sept 30 deadline, but it will be very tight for sure.

My question to Mom and fellow AOSers: What suggestions do you have for me and others in my situation? A few of you have submitted service requests, do you recommend doing the same at this point? I will appreciate if you also have other tips regarding how to save time or avoid losing time (in short, how to be time efficient).

Thanks in advance!

Use your discretion and utilize all the previously discussed options you’ve been reading about from when you started to actively follow the forum. It is rather tiring having to write the same thing over and over.

Hey @Sm1smom,
Just received a call from my FO to do biometrics again because they were unclassifiable. What does this mean? Is this something that happens often?

Hey @Sm1smom,
Just received a call from my FO to do biometrics again because they were unclassifiable. What does this mean? Is this something that happens often?
Google
”A classifiable 10‐print means the FBI can use the 10‐print image to conduct a fingerprint check. An unclassifiable 10‐print means the FBI cannot use the 10‐print image to conduct a fingerprint check.”
They need to do it again to capture it properly. I’m not sure if the ASC person is supposed to have some sort of check on this or if this something only the fbi can determine but you know, stuff happens. Just go back and have it done again, it’s not really relevant how often it happens, what is relevant is that you need to do it again. Hopefully it’s not hugely out of your way to get to your ASC

Google
”A classifiable 10‐print means the FBI can use the 10‐print image to conduct a fingerprint check. An unclassifiable 10‐print means the FBI cannot use the 10‐print image to conduct a fingerprint check.”
They need to do it again to capture it properly. I’m not sure if the ASC person is supposed to have some sort of check on this or if this something only the fbi can determine but you know, stuff happens. Just go back and have it done again, it’s not really relevant how often it happens.

Thank you!!

You already got useful information about your case, of what relevance is knowing the outcome of the service request supposed to be?
Ohh okay, stupid of me. I have another question. My documents to bring on my IL asks me to bring i-944 and I don't know if I'm overthinking it but I think they emphasize it by underlining it. I have a picture of it here. Since I filed way before Feb 2020, would it be fine if I just take a printout of the rule change being applied after Feb 2020?
15971567932233825413592908200820.jpg

Hey @Sm1smom,

The previously captured prints were unusable. Yes it happens, people sometimes get called back, just go redo it as requested. Doesn’t matter how often this happens, like Susie already noted.

If the prints are determined to be “unclassifiable” after a couple of attempts, USCSI will require the person to visit a nearby police station to get their prints captured old school style.

Ohh okay, stupid of me. I have another question. My documents to bring on my IL asks me to bring i-944 and I don't know if I'm overthinking it but I think they emphasize it by underlining it. I have a picture of it here. Since I filed way before Feb 2020, would it be fine if I just take a printout of the rule change being applied after Feb 2020?
View attachment 1926

“Stupid of me” - your comment, not mine (just trying time set the record straight).

I-944 is not applicable to you if you filed before February 24th. Yes have the rule change notification on hand just in case.

I-944 is not applicable to you if you filed before February 24th. Yes have the rule change notification on hand just in case.
I don't know why he was specifically asked about I-944. I'm also in the same FO and I received exactly same letter as he posted but nothing mentioned about I-944. May be the FO is not aware of the new public charge rule.

I don't know why he was specifically asked about I-944. I'm also in the same FO and I received exactly same letter as he posted but nothing mentioned about I-944. May be the FO is not aware of the new public charge rule.
@udxyz

The officer who interviewed me and is also going to interview you told me that "due to recent injunction new public charge rule does not apply to you" and therefore didn't go through form I-944.

“Stupid of me” - your comment, not mine (just trying time set the record straight).

Hopefully, I don't receive something like this. My ASC officer told me I was done with biometrics even though 2 or 3 of my fingers were showing yellow caution sign on the system.

Hi @Sm1smom I have an interview scheduled on the 20th August at Los Angeles field office. The Los Angeles County FO has been closed since 27th July until further notice. I know I have over a week till my appointment but would you recommend doing anything to follow up/enquire or just be patient and hope it reopens before next Thursday? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
@Kentavar2397 hi guys, my field office is also Los Angeles. Based on my knowledge, our cases will be done in the LA District Office, not the LA County office. When you google Los Angeles USCIS Field Office, the address gives you a room number of 7631. On the interview letter, it should have a different Room number even if the street address is the same. Again, don't count me on that, but based on my knowledge, we will be able to attend to our interview successfully even if the LA Field Office looks closed on their website. Unless we get a call back as Kentavar2397 did for his bio appointment.

A quick update. After the chaos of yesterday when I was told conflicting things on the phone.
I received a call from the NY USCIS today, telling me that I will have an interview on Aug 20, and that the letter is in the mail today. I'm not really sure why they needed to call first. Maybe they are confirming that I am in the country? Or because mail is unreliable right now?
They didn't seem to realise that I had done biometrics. I told them my biometrics date and the officer that I saw, and they said ok. I asked if that meant my background check wasn't complete and they said it was or they wouldn't be calling. Confusing, but good news.
Another confusion. They mentioned my husband's name, saying we were both coming for an interview. I told them that I have filed for divorce and that he hasn't applied. That I had sent that info to the KCC when they requested it. They asked me to bring any paperwork to support it.
I'm so relieved to have a date. It's been so stressful! Fingers crossed all goes well.
Stay hopeful people, I know how hard it is, but if you haven't heard yet I'm having faith you will soon.

A quick update. After the chaos of yesterday when I was told conflicting things on the phone.
I received a call from the NY USCIS today, telling me that I will have an interview on Aug 20, and that the letter is in the mail today. I'm not really sure why they needed to call first. Maybe they are confirming that I am in the country? Or because mail is unreliable right now?
They didn't seem to realise that I had done biometrics. I told them my biometrics date and the officer that I saw, and they said ok. I asked if that meant my background check wasn't complete and they said it was or they wouldn't be calling. Confusing, but good news.
Another confusion. They mentioned my husband's name, saying we were both coming for an interview. I told them that I have filed for divorce and that he hasn't applied. That I had sent that info to the KCC when they requested it. They asked me to bring any paperwork to support it.
I'm so relieved to have a date. It's been so stressful! Fingers crossed all goes well.
Stay hopeful people, I know how hard it is, but if you haven't heard yet I'm having faith you will soon.
Good luck! I'm sure you will hear great outcome soon.

I think Manhattan FO is a little a chaos recently in general!

They called my husband 2 weeks ago and they said:
we have schedule an interview on August 5th, 8:35am to the 3rd floor, we will call your wife to notify her(they never called me!)
we went there, the guy of the 3rd floor told us to go on 7th floor.
We went to the other floor, we did the check-in and we were waiting in the waiting room...after 10 min. show up a lady and she said that we had no interview scheduled for that day..but our interview is on August 25th at 10am ( Also if I want to believe that my husband made a mistake...the difference in time, floor and day..is too much!) and of course they sent the interview notice to the wrong address.

Anyway good news in the bad news, I was able to ask to the lady to make a copy of the interview letter, and she was very nice to provide me one.

We left the building, and after 5min, the same lady called us and asked us to return in the building, she said that she did not know that we got a call, we returned and at the end we did our biometric.
the guy in the biometric office was very nice, he said that he called us to make an expedite to our case..............this is the funny part...in a normal "not expedite case" we had schedule the BIO for the day after...so they expedite our case of 24h....we did not show up the day after fo the ASC, but I think is fine...
that's it!

@Kentavar2397 hi guys, my field office is also Los Angeles. Based on my knowledge, our cases will be done in the LA District Office, not the LA County office. When you google Los Angeles USCIS Field Office, the address gives you a room number of 7631. On the interview letter, it should have a different Room number even if the street address is the same. Again, don't count me on that, but based on my knowledge, we will be able to attend to our interview successfully even if the LA Field Office looks closed on their website. Unless we get a call back as Kentavar2397 did for his bio appointment.
@americanvisa Do you have an interview scheduled? I can't see your information on the spreadsheet?