• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I have been receiving messages on my phone (SMS) that my case has been updated but when I check it, everything is the same (fingerprints taken message). Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi guys,

1.I received a letter for biometrics on 17th of August. But I did it on 4th of August without a letter, by call. What should I do?
2. I have never sent documents supporting my DS-260 to KCC. Do you think it is gonna be a problem?

AOSers are not required to submit supporting documents to KCC.

I have received notice for biometrics for August 17th.
1) I assume if my case gets adjudicated by then, there won't be a need to go to that appointment?
Also, on my biometrics appointment performed at FO, I wasn't given any confirmation or anything.
2) If I end up going to ASC, how can I prove that I have already performed biometrics? The only thing available for me right now would be the status in the system that says that my biometrics have been applied to my case. Is that enough?

I would just go anyway and let them realize you already took the biometrics when they check in the system

I would just go anyway and let them realize you already took the biometrics when they check in the system
So when you go to ASC with a typical NBC sent Biometrics Notice, they will stamp it that days date and sign. That is the proof of your bio appointment being done. However, for special circumstances like yours when FO initiate a Bio on the spot then the online status is all you have.

When your FO created the bio appointment did they give you any paperwork?
Otherwise take screenshot of my.uscis.gov page where it shows your fingerprint has been applied and then still go to the appointment. best not to take any chance at the last minute.

So when you go to ASC with a typical NBC sent Biometrics Notice, they will stamp it that days date and sign. That is the proof of your bio appointment being done. However, for special circumstances like yours when FO initiate a Bio on the spot then the online status is all you have.

When your FO created the bio appointment did they give you any paperwork?
Otherwise take screenshot of my.uscis.gov page where it shows your fingerprint has been applied and then still go to the appointment. best not to take any chance at the last minute.
At FO, no one gave me any paper, so I guess, screenshot will be the way to go.

Thanks for the advice!

Hi @Sm1smom Thanks for all the guidance and help! Although this is my first post, I read the forums for the past 3 months and really appreciate all the help. Today I received the interview letter and bio letter, I have two following questions and kindly seek your help. Thanks a lot!

1. I got a call last week to schedule a bio appointment and finished the biometrics (10 fingers with picture) this Tuesday (8/4), without a letter. The location was at FO (Manhattan NY). However, today I received the letter from NBC, and it requested a BIO appointment at ASC on 8/17. My interview will be on 8/20. I am confused, should I go to ASC to do bio again? Or should I call USCIS to clarify this? Or just ignore it?

2. The interview letter said several things to bring to the interview, one item is "completed form G-325A for the applicant", I checked and found out it seems like an out-of-date form. I am wondering whether this is a standard wording, or I should try to finish the form?
Hi @Mina2020DV
I was in the similar situation. I did interview and biometrics on the same day in Manhattan (7/23). Then I got another letter form NBC about different biometrics appointment on 8/14. I called USCIS and asked for Tier 2 officer, who told me new bio appintment was cancelled already because they see the record that I did it. Maybe worth a try. But since your interview is not held yet, it could be different! Tier 2 is only available in the morning.

I have been receiving messages on my phone (SMS) that my case has been updated but when I check it, everything is the same (fingerprints taken message). Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi skip1,

I had that issue when USCIS sent me the card. I received no less than 6 messages for each case and the status remained the same (card was mailed). The issue was with messages coming from egov.uscis and I think it was a glitch in USCIS's system. Any updates on My USCIS?

Hi skip1,

I had that issue when USCIS sent me the card. I received no less than 6 messages for each case and the status remained the same (card was mailed). The issue was with messages coming from egov.uscis and I think it was a glitch in USCIS's system. Any updates on My USCIS?
Both MyUSCIS and eGov are showing basically the same message, about the fingerprints being taken (wording is different but I think the point is the same)

Both MyUSCIS and eGov are showing basically the same message, about the fingerprints being taken (wording is different but I think the point is the same)
I don't have a problem of excess msg notification. But, the egov.uscis and my.uscis has a different statuses, Fingerprint taken vs Fingerprint reviewed.

Hello all,

I made a mistake in my date of birth when i registered in Diversity Visa Program. I am sending my AOS package to Chicago Lockbox. Regarding i-485 form should i put the correct date of birth or the one that i entered in Diversity Visa Program selection?

I also called KCC for mentioned issue and ask the how can i correct my date of birth. They said you cannot make any change in the original entry. I am kinda worry about my AOS package. Because i should also include a Copy of DV2020 Selectee Notification Letter, is there any chances they reject my AOS package if they realize there is a difference in my date of birth in my passport page and DV2020 Selectee Notification Letter?

Should i write for them in a separate paper and explain that i made the a mistake regard to my date of birth in original entry and include that paper in my AOS package OR it is better to wait to explain them this issue at the time of my interview? In general, how should i inform them of this issue?

Thank you so much!

I called USCIS again today to see if I could get an update. I was on the phone for an hour with the Rep. I just keep getting conflicting information and she didn’t think that was a good enough reason to transfer me to tier 2. She insisted she had all the details.
The last person I spoke to (tier 2) said my case was with the Brooklyn FO and that an officer had been assigned. Today I was told that it’s still with the NBC, and that I would be notified when it was transferred to the FO.
She insisted that there is no Sept 30 deadline, that I can stay until my case is adjudicated within the standard processing time 12-36 months. When I quoted the website and bulletin she said that the USCIS doesn’t adjudicate visas, but green cards. That the “visa” would be approved by DOS, and couldn’t say if the deadline applied to them.
She also said that I should have my EAD in a month and will get it before the GC. Even though the officer in Manhattan told me at my biometrics that I would have the GC before the EAD.
She just kept telling me other people were wrong or that I had heard things wrong.
When I mentioned other people are getting interviews that have applied the same time or later she just said I can’t compare. Even though she kept saying that they will never happen that fast.
So. I have no more information and just feel more confused about the deadline and the status of my case. Thinking I’ll call the KCC to see what info they can give me.

I called USCIS again today to see if I could get an update. I was on the phone for an hour with the Rep. I just keep getting conflicting information and she didn’t think that was a good enough reason to transfer me to tier 2. She insisted she had all the details.
The last person I spoke to (tier 2) said my case was with the Brooklyn FO and that an officer had been assigned. Today I was told that it’s still with the NBC, and that I would be notified when it was transferred to the FO.
She insisted that there is no Sept 30 deadline, that I can stay until my case is adjudicated within the standard processing time 12-36 months. When I quoted the website and bulletin she said that the USCIS doesn’t adjudicate visas, but green cards. That the “visa” would be approved by DOS, and couldn’t say if the deadline applied to them.
She also said that I should have my EAD in a month and will get it before the GC. Even though the officer in Manhattan told me at my biometrics that I would have the GC before the EAD.
She just kept telling me other people were wrong or that I had heard things wrong.
When I mentioned other people are getting interviews that have applied the same time or later she just said I can’t compare. Even though she kept saying that they will never happen that fast.
So. I have no more information and just feel more confused about the deadline and the status of my case. Thinking I’ll call the KCC to see what info they can give me.

Just sharing my experience, I had my case received on Jan 3 and when I called USCIS officer they told my background wasn't cleared so it is still with NBC back in June. When I e-request case outside normal processing time on July 3 they provided me immediate response that it was pending interview scheduling on July 6. And the reply was from my field office directly. And that did work and I had my interview on July 31. So, I called couple of times to USCIS officers and both of them gave me different answers in my case.

Just sharing my experience, I had my case received on Jan 3 and when I called USCIS officer they told my background wasn't cleared so it is still with NBC back in June. When I e-request case outside normal processing time on July 3 they provided me immediate response that it was pending interview scheduling on July 6. And the reply was from my field office directly. And that did work and I had my interview on July 31. So, I called couple of times to USCIS officers and both of them gave me different answers in my case.
Thank you for sharing that

Another update. I spoke with the KCC. They are so helpful!
She confirmed that if I don't have a GC by Sept 30 then I won't get it.
She said that the case file was sent to USCIS on July 23rd, right after my Biometrics, and after the email I got from them about my spouse. She confirmed that it was sent to the NY Field Office with the notes about my divorce.
When I mentioned the NBC she told me that the KCC is often confused with the NBC basically calling out the USCIS rep.
She told me that I should call USCIS back and demand to be transferred to a supervisor because I was getting conflicting information.

Calm down and don’t allow yourself to get flustered with whatever the frontline reps tell you when you call - these are contractors who do not have in-depth knowledge of case processing. They mostly read out prepared scripts they’ve been provided with and if a question is not on their prepared script, they tend to wing it. They are not direct USCIS employees. If you have the stomach for it, call again, you’ll most likely get some other response, half of which may be full of BS! Don’t stay on the phone trying to convince someone who is not as knowledgeable as you regarding the process, just say thank you and hang up, and try again if you like.

The Sept. 30th deadline is applicable to all DV cases, regardless of if it is going through AOS or CP.

Hello all,

I made a mistake in my date of birth when i registered in Diversity Visa Program. I am sending my AOS package to Chicago Lockbox. Regarding i-485 form should i put the correct date of birth or the one that i entered in Diversity Visa Program selection?

I also called KCC for mentioned issue and ask the how can i correct my date of birth. They said you cannot make any change in the original entry. I am kinda worry about my AOS package. Because i should also include a Copy of DV2020 Selectee Notification Letter, is there any chances they reject my AOS package if they realize there is a difference in my date of birth in my passport page and DV2020 Selectee Notification Letter?

Should i write for them in a separate paper and explain that i made the a mistake regard to my date of birth in original entry and include that paper in my AOS package OR it is better to wait to explain them this issue at the time of my interview? In general, how should i inform them of this issue?

Thank you so much!

Anyone can help with this please?

Another update. I spoke with the KCC. They are so helpful!
She confirmed that if I don't have a GC by Sept 30 then I won't get it.
She said that the case file was sent to USCIS on July 23rd, right after my Biometrics, and after the email I got from them about my spouse. She confirmed that it was sent to the NY Field Office with the notes about my divorce.
When I mentioned the NBC she told me that the KCC is often confused with the NBC basically calling out the USCIS rep.
She told me that I should call USCIS back and demand to be transferred to a supervisor because I was getting conflicting information.

Heads up: KCC is equally not knowledgeable regarding the AOS process - so you can take whatever they tell you when it comes to AOS with a pinch of salt. The file they sent to your FO is your KCC file, not the same as the AOS file.

The fact that your FO already requested your KCC file in July is actually some good news, it shows your FO isn’t unaware of your case. The prolonged delay you’re experiencing may have to do with pending background check clearance, especially if your FO already interviewed or scheduled other DV based AOSers.

On a side note, the longer you spend on the phone discussing processes with the wrong rep, the more confused and misinformed you and them will be at the end of the day. In addition to you being more and more frustrated.