• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Hi!

1. Is it the case that I will receive the 2NL after that I pay 330$ fee and not after I submitted the DS260?
I have the original 330$ receipt with the paid stamp (that they mailed me back), and an email where it is written that my case will be process by USCIS, and the fee is paid.
Is it this one a "2NL"?
Sorry but I don't know how the 2NL really looks like, so I am trying to understand if I have everything or not.

2. I read the spreadsheet and how I have to prepare the package, then I read the experience of other people, and looks like that all people sent the payment separate from the AOS package.
So, I was wondering if it will make any difference if I send the payment with the AOS package or should I wait that USCIS ask me to pay?

1. Most people send the DS260 form before making the administrative fee payment, so they receive the 2NL after the DS260 form submission. A few like you make that fee payment first, without submitting the DS260 form, (some of those eventually do submit though), and they still receive the 2NL. The email with the attachment from KCC is the 2NL.

2. Can you be specific as to whose experience you read where they stated they mailed their AOS package without the applicable payment? I’m not aware of anyone having done so or reporting such in this forum.

Got it that it will be my choice, but is it possible to have two addresses for the same time frame?
If not, then I have to split the past 6 months into weeks and have different addresses for each two weeks.

No, it’s not a matter of “your choice”. It’s a case of truthfully answering the questions asked and I simply wanted you to use your discretion in addressing that. It’s really straight forward. If you’re splitting your time between two places from January to December in 2019 for example, then both will have the January to December 2019 as their applicable dates. You can’t simply split the year between the two as that wouldn’t be truthful information.

No, it’s not a matter of “your choice”. It’s a case of truthfully answering the questions asked and I simply wanted you to use your discretion in addressing that. It’s really straight forward. If you’re splitting your time between two places from January to December in 2019 for example, then both will have the January to December 2019 as their applicable dates. You can’t simply split the year between the two as that wouldn’t be truthful information.

Thanks.
Initially, it was my understanding that you can't have two addresses that have the same time frame, but it seems I was wrong.

Good morning @Sm1smom
Yesterday i called the KCC to see if my FO requested my file and they didn't it. From what i read in the past, that is ok, because they might request it even later.
I spoke to a 2 level representative and they told me my case case is under review.
1) Is that a general answer?
2) also, 79 days passed since I did fingerprint. Is time to contact the congress man in order to follow my case?
3) Do you suggest to wait till March?
My I 94 will expire in July when my visa ends
Thank you in advance for the feedback.

1. Most people send the DS260 form before making the administrative fee payment, so they receive the 2NL after the DS260 form submission. A few like you make that fee payment first, without submitting the DS260 form, (some of those eventually do submit though), and they still receive the 2NL. The email with the attachment from KCC is the 2NL.

2. Can you be specific as to whose experience you read where they stated they mailed their AOS package without the applicable payment? I’m not aware of anyone having done so or reporting such in this forum.

1. THANKS FOR THE EXPLANATION!

2. after that I read your comment, I went through the experiences that I read, and MY MISTAKE!
I misread the information, "cashed" means that USCIS actually took the money, not that the people send the money.
Sorry!!!!!! but thanks to make me to understand!

Good morning @Sm1smom
Yesterday i called the KCC to see if my FO requested my file and they didn't it. From what i read in the past, that is ok, because they might request it even later.
I spoke to a 2 level representative and they told me my case case is under review.
1) Is that a general answer?
2) also, 79 days passed since I did fingerprint. Is time to contact the congress man in order to follow my case?
3) Do you suggest to wait till March?
My I 94 will expire in July when my visa ends
Thank you in advance for the feedback.

1. All cases are, technically speaking, considered to be under review while they are pending. It doesn’t necessarily mean someone is actually reviewing them at the moment.

2. Exercise some patience - we’ve been telling you this for a while and you’re clearly not doing so.

3. Yes you can make that move in mid March I suppose.

4. Again we’ve already gone over this (possibly more than once). Your I-94 expiration date is irrelevant at this point. Even if your case is pending past July when your I-94 expires, you will not incur an illegal presence because of your pending AOS petition. That means you can remain in the country past July for as long as your AOS petition is pending.

1. All cases are, technically speaking, considered to be under review while they are pending. It doesn’t necessarily mean someone is actually reviewing them at the moment.

2. Exercise some patience - we’ve been telling you this for a while and you’re clearly not doing so.

3. Yes you can make that move in mid March I suppose.

4. Again we’ve already gone over this (possibly more than once). Your I-94 expiration date is irrelevant at this point. Even if your case is pending past July when your I-94 expires, you will not incur an illegal presence because of your pending AOS petition. That means you can remain in the country past July for as long as your AOS petition is pending.
Thank you
I will see what will happen in March

To add to @Sm1smom point another thing for AOS applicants who are students:

For students with I-20, even if your visa expires you can be still within status as long your I-20 expiry date is beyond the visa date. For example, my visa expires 2023 July but my I-20 valid until date is July 2024. So I can stay in US even after my visa expires for a year as long as I dont travel outside US. Visa is required for your travel through port of entry in US.

However, if your IO is not aware of the fact that I-20 is main document for students hence not sure about your status date then you have to clarify it and IO might have to check with supervisors. People have posted their experience about in similar situation in the interview about clarifying with the IO about the I-20 status.

Hopefully this helps.

My number just became current for April. I was initially planning to do early filing, but as I mentioned earlier, I live in Illinois, so I’ll have to send my AOS package to Nebraska. My thinking is that since USCIS in Nebraska have probably never received a DV AOS package before, there is a greater chance of being rejected for early filing. Do you think that thinking is valid, or is the risk actually the same regardless of where I’d have to send the package?

I prefer to start the process ASAP because there is a chance the injunction in Illinois is lifted in the future.

Not sure if you already mailed your AOS package or not. Wanted to let you know the new self sufficiency requirements now covers Illinois like every other state effective 2/24.

Hello,
So I got my biometrics letter on 02/07/2020 and did the biometrics on 02/18/2020. The letter that i got had the receipt no. to my I-765. However i got another biometrics letter scheduled for 03/05/2020 with the receipt no. to my I485. I filed both the forms together. Since, I already did the biometrics for one do I need to do biometrics for the other one ? Is receiving an additional biometrics letter natural?
Thank you.

I've got 4 internationally recognized publications related to my field of study. Can I mention it in section "occupational skills" in form I-944?

@Sm1smom @Britsimon

Good evening all!

I know that maybe you were asked these questions many times but I appreciate your help.

Again, I am F2 visa holder (my husband is F1 on STEM OPT extension), I am the main applicant for DV2020 (CN: EU51XXX).

1. Still contemplating on filing DS260 or proceeding with DV payment when/if CN becomes current. Question: does both of these imply and register an immigration intent?

2. My husband had a toll-road payment "citation", and one parking ticket, SO, do you think this might be smth significant that should be mentioned in AOS application or during the interview?

3. We are based in NJ and assuming high CN number plan to go with early filing option but afraid FO may not accept that, do you think checking it in advance would work, or FOs do not disclose it, or getting a response would not guarantee their adherence to the policy?

Thank you!

Last edited:
@Sm1smom @Britsimon

Good evening all!

I know that maybe you were asked these questions many times but I appreciate your help.

Again, I am F2 visa holder (my husband is F1 on STEM OPT extension), I am the main applicant for DV2020 (CN: EU51XXX), we still believe that there would be a chance for us to do AOS.

1. Still contemplating on filing DS260 or proceed with DV payment when/if CN becomes current. Question: does both of these imply and register immigration intent?

2. My husband had a toll-road payment "citation", and one parking ticket, SO, do you think this might be smth significant that should be mentioned in AOS application or during interview?

3. We are based in NJ and assuming high CN number plan to go with early filing option but afraid FO may not accept that, do you think checking it in advance would work?

Thank you!

1. Yes.
2. I would recommend erring on the side of caution and mentioning them.
3. “Checking it in advance” how?

I've got 4 internationally recognized publications related to my field of study. Can I mention it in section "occupational skills" in form I-944?

Doesn’t sound like it fits the description as per the instruction.

Item Number 4. Occupational Skills. List any relevant occupational skills, including any certifications and licenses, when these were obtained, who issued the certification or license, license numbers, and expiration/renewal date. This includes but is not limited to workforce skills, training, licenses for specific occupations or professions, and certificates documenting mastery or apprenticeships in skilled trades or professions. If it is available, you must provide evidence of any training, licenses for specific occupations or professions, and certificates documenting mastery or apprenticeships in skilled trades or professions (if this evidence is unavailable, you should provide an explanation and, if possible, evidence of unavailability such as a letter from the issuing institution).

I am still waiting my number to become current. Anyway, I see that I have to provide Educational degrees and Copy of High School Certificate is listed in AOS Package section in the spreadsheet but I don’t se this requirement is USCIS.

The reason I am asking is I have only my Bachelor Degree translated and certified. Is it enough or I have to translate and certify also my high school diploma?
Thanks!

I am still waiting my number to become current. Anyway, I see that I have to provide Educational degrees and Copy of High School Certificate is listed in AOS Package section in the spreadsheet but I don’t se this requirement is USCIS.

The reason I am asking is I have only my Bachelor Degree translated and certified. Is it enough or I have to translate and certify also my high school diploma?
Thanks!

You have the choice of providing what the spreadsheet recommends or not, remember the spreadsheet is not an official guideline - it is a guide put together based on the experiences of others who already went through the process. So your call if you want to include your HS Diploma or simply go with what you currently have. My thoughts on what to do are already listed on the spreadsheet.