• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Each petitioner gets a separate/individual receipt number, including separate receipt numbers for EAD/AP if those petitions were included in the AOS package.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply!
We also were able to confirm with the bank today, that both our checks were cashed on November 6. Yet we haven't received any text or e-mail notifications, and as I said before they weren't even able to find my husband's receipt number, which is strange I think.

Do you know if we should get also two separate NOA Letters in the mail? Or is it usually one for the family? They said they've sent mine.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply!
We also were able to confirm with the bank today, that both our checks were cashed on November 6. Yet we haven't received any text or e-mail notifications, and as I said before they weren't even able to find my husband's receipt number, which is strange I think.

Do you know if we should get also two separate NOA Letters in the mail? Or is it usually one for the family? They said they've sent mine.

Separate NOA for each petition

Did you include form G-1145 for each person in the AOS package?

Hello! I'm here with another question, a few days ago chatting with a friend (he's AOSing but by marriage with a citizen) told me that USCIS didn't accepted his birth certificate because it was hand writing (in spanish, he sent a certified translation of it), so USCIS request a secondary proof such as a bautism certificate. does anybody know something similar? My birth certificate is hand writing and i have to translate it. Thanks!

Hello! I'm here with another question, a few days ago chatting with a friend (he's AOSing but by marriage with a citizen) told me that USCIS didn't accepted his birth certificate because it was hand writing (in spanish, he sent a certified translation of it), so USCIS request a secondary proof such as a bautism certificate. does anybody know something similar? My birth certificate is hand writing and i have to translate it. Thanks!
My wife's one was handwritten in Vietnam and we had no issues.

Is it the long form birth certificate? What you have may be okay if it is the long form version.

I know in my country of origin, old hand written ones are no longer accepted (even if long form) and computer generated ones must be obtained, so it may be country dependent too.

Greetings!

First of all, I'd like to thank the moderators for all the useful info on these AOS threads.
Second of all, I'd like to get your opinion on my decision regarding a choice between AOS and CP while being on F1 status for a few years now. I've thoroughly read the spreadsheet and the timelines for AOS. At first, I chose to pursue AOS since I didn't want to risk not being able to complete my degree due to the fact that if I get denied an IV during an interview I will not be able to get a NIV after the fact. I've also read in August 9, 2013 Policy Memorandum that one can send their I-485 once their CN becomes current in "advance notification". Then, from what I understand they have to wait a few months to get a biometric and medical appointments. As opposed to being interviewed during the month one's case is current in CP. Since my case number is EU34XXX I considered that I should go with CP due to expedience and reading on this thread about people waiting for months for their interview and having to contact their congresspeople. My main concern is that if I go with AOS with my high CN I might not be able to get an interview before the FY and thus will lose any benefit from being selected. But then I also read this in the Policy Memorandum:

Since, by statute, DV visas expire at the end of a given fiscal year, a DV adjustment applicant’s Form I-485 (including principals and any of their derivatives) must be adjudicated and approved on or before September 30 of the relevant fiscal year.

1. Does this mean that USCIS most likely will schedule all interviews for current CNs before the end of the FY or that if they don't it means that they never will?
2. For June 2019FY the last cutoff number for EU region was 26,800 then for the next month all CNs were current. Does this mean that everyone with high CNs like mine get to attend an interview in CP? If so, is it because of so-called "holes" in numbers due to people not responding? Just wondering because I've never seen a case number as high as mine on VB.
3. I've read an article on Avvo called "Importance for GC “DV Lottery” Winners of Filing AOS in USA, Rather Than Risking Consular Denial!" advocating for AOS (can't post link due to a spambot filter). They claim that after AOS denial one can appeal whereas with CP one cannot. Is this true? If so, doesn't this contradict the quote from Policy Memorandum above due to the fact that appeals take a long time?
4. I've read on BritSimonSays.com that I-134 is required for CP and is usually requested on AOS interviews. Is it true that it has to be provided by a relative to have any impact? I'm asking because I have no relatives in the US. Can I show a bank statement instead like I did when applying for F1? Will the fact that I've spend years in the US on an F1 visa (which expired after a year but I've never been out of status) make me more or less of a risk of becoming a public charge? What about the fact that I will drop out of college in a few months to pursue CP at my home country and then come back to get my degree after hopefully receiving my IV? BTW, I'm single and have no children.
5. As I've mentioned in the beginning I haven't submitted my DS-260 yet and haven't paid any fees or sent any documents even though I received 1NL (but not 2NL) a month ago. Should I do all of the above ASAP since I've decided to go with CP? I have read this email sent KCC on BritSimonSays.com comment section:

Thank you for your inquiry.
Your DS-260 was received too late to complete necessary processing for an interview. The final cutoff numbers for the DV 2019 program have been established. No further interviews will be scheduled, even if a case number has become current. Your case will not be scheduled for an interview in the DV 2019 program. There will be no further processing on your case and your case will not be unlocked. You may apply for future DV programs, though you will be given no preference based on your selection in the DV 2019 program.

6. When they say that they have established the final cutoff numbers do they mean that the answer to my question 2 is something along the lines of "No, there's actually a cutoff number even though VB shows current"?

My apologies for asking this many questions. Any advice no matter how detailed will be much appreciated.
Thank you!

Greetings!

First of all, I'd like to thank the moderators for all the useful info on these AOS threads.
Second of all, I'd like to get your opinion on my decision regarding a choice between AOS and CP while being on F1 status for a few years now. I've thoroughly read the spreadsheet and the timelines for AOS. At first, I chose to pursue AOS since I didn't want to risk not being able to complete my degree due to the fact that if I get denied an IV during an interview I will not be able to get a NIV after the fact. I've also read in August 9, 2013 Policy Memorandum that one can send their I-485 once their CN becomes current in "advance notification". Then, from what I understand they have to wait a few months to get a biometric and medical appointments. As opposed to being interviewed during the month one's case is current in CP. Since my case number is EU34XXX I considered that I should go with CP due to expedience and reading on this thread about people waiting for months for their interview and having to contact their congresspeople. My main concern is that if I go with AOS with my high CN I might not be able to get an interview before the FY and thus will lose any benefit from being selected. But then I also read this in the Policy Memorandum:

Since, by statute, DV visas expire at the end of a given fiscal year, a DV adjustment applicant’s Form I-485 (including principals and any of their derivatives) must be adjudicated and approved on or before September 30 of the relevant fiscal year.

1. Does this mean that USCIS most likely will schedule all interviews for current CNs before the end of the FY or that if they don't it means that they never will?
2. For June 2019FY the last cutoff number for EU region was 26,800 then for the next month all CNs were current. Does this mean that everyone with high CNs like mine get to attend an interview in CP? If so, is it because of so-called "holes" in numbers due to people not responding? Just wondering because I've never seen a case number as high as mine on VB.
3. I've read an article on Avvo called "Importance for GC “DV Lottery” Winners of Filing AOS in USA, Rather Than Risking Consular Denial!" advocating for AOS (can't post link due to a spambot filter). They claim that after AOS denial one can appeal whereas with CP one cannot. Is this true? If so, doesn't this contradict the quote from Policy Memorandum above due to the fact that appeals take a long time?
4. I've read on BritSimonSays.com that I-134 is required for CP and is usually requested on AOS interviews. Is it true that it has to be provided by a relative to have any impact? I'm asking because I have no relatives in the US. Can I show a bank statement instead like I did when applying for F1? Will the fact that I've spend years in the US on an F1 visa (which expired after a year but I've never been out of status) make me more or less of a risk of becoming a public charge? What about the fact that I will drop out of college in a few months to pursue CP at my home country and then come back to get my degree after hopefully receiving my IV? BTW, I'm single and have no children.
5. As I've mentioned in the beginning I haven't submitted my DS-260 yet and haven't paid any fees or sent any documents even though I received 1NL (but not 2NL) a month ago. Should I do all of the above ASAP since I've decided to go with CP? I have read this email sent KCC on BritSimonSays.com comment section:

Your DS-260 was received too late to complete necessary processing for an interview. The final cutoff numbers for the DV 2019 program have been established. No further interviews will be scheduled, even if a case number has become current. Your case will not be scheduled for an interview in the DV 2019 program. There will be no further processing on your case and your case will not be unlocked. You may apply for future DV programs, though you will be given no preference based on your selection in the DV 2019 program.

6. When they say that they have established the final cutoff numbers do they mean that the answer to my question 2 is something along the lines of "No, there's actually a cutoff number even though VB shows current"?

My apologies for asking this many questions. Any advice no matter how detailed will be much appreciated.
Thank you!

I’m not going to fully answer everything but here are some answers:

1. Both. They will try to schedule before FY end, but if they don’t then yes they never will as visas for a particular FY cannot be issued after FY end.

2. Current means all numbers are eligible for interview. (This does not mean that they will all be interviewed- as documents all need to be processed in time too)

3. Without looking at the details of that, just gonna say here that avvo lawyers get a lot of DV stuff wrong, and almost all their responses indicate the need for using a lawyer....

4. -

5. The wording of that KCC response is kinda formulaic. All numbers were current, but the “cutoff” happens because the last round of interviews are scheduled approximately 2 months before they happen, and if KCC has not completed processing of docs by the time they schedule the last interview round - then you miss out. So there is no need to rush send off docs, but don’t wait too long either. I’d say to be safe, DS260 and docs should he submitted by end May (my opinion, others may differ on timing).

6. Effectively answered above.

I’m not going to fully answer everything but here are some answers:

1. Both. They will try to schedule before FY end, but if they don’t then yes they never will as visas for a particular FY cannot be issued after FY end.

2. Current means all numbers are eligible for interview. (This does not mean that they will all be interviewed- as documents all need to be processed in time too)

3. Without looking at the details of that, just gonna say here that avvo lawyers get a lot of DV stuff wrong, and almost all their responses indicate the need for using a lawyer....

4. -

5. The wording of that KCC response is kinda formulaic. All numbers were current, but the “cutoff” happens because the last round of interviews are scheduled approximately 2 months before they happen, and if KCC has not completed processing of docs by the time they schedule the last interview round - then you miss out. So there is no need to rush send off docs, but don’t wait too long either. I’d say to be safe, DS260 and docs should he submitted by end May (my opinion, others may differ on timing).

6. Effectively answered above.
Thank you!

Greetings!

Thank you!

1. It means there will be no approval once the FY comes to an end go Sept. 30th - this is also applicable to CP by the way.

2. Current means all CNs become eligible to be scheduled for an interview, it is however still possible to not be scheduled for the interview even for CP.

3. You should have come across what may be possible regarding a DV based AOS petition from your thorough reading of the AOS process spreadsheet.

4. The expectation is for the I-134 to be filled out by someone who knows you. You may not be required to present an I-134 if you’re able to present US bank statements with decent savings. Before embarking on your venture of “dropping out of school to go pursue CP, be sure you’re familiar with the pros and cons of both processes.

5. You may if you want. Just be aware of the fact that DS260 form submission signifies a demonstration of an immigration intent which may make you ineligible for a NIV in the future if your current selection ends up not leading to a GC for some reason.

6. Cut off number means there’s a number threshold being observed. All CNs Current means current as already discussed above.

1. It means there will be no approval once the FY comes to an end go Sept. 30th - this is also applicable to CP by the way.

2. Current means all CNs become eligible to be scheduled for an interview, it is however still possible to not be scheduled for the interview even for CP.

3. You should have come across what may be possible regarding a DV based AOS petition from your thorough reading of the AOS process spreadsheet.

4. The expectation is for the I-134 to be filled out by someone who knows you. You may not be required to present an I-134 if you’re able to present US bank statements with decent savings. Before embarking on your venture of “dropping out of school to go pursue CP, be sure you’re familiar with the pros and cons of both processes.

5. You may if you want. Just be aware of the fact that DS260 form submission signifies a demonstration of an immigration intent which may make you ineligible for a NIV in the future if your current selection ends up not leading to a GC for some reason.

6. Cut off number means there’s a number threshold being observed. All CNs Current means current as already discussed above.
Thank you for replying!

Regarding question 5,
I was wondering if it would be frowned upon by CBP or COs during the interview to renew my F1 visa during winter break, come back and submit my DS-260 while going to school during spring semester. My reasoning behind this is that If my CN becomes current during the summer break I will go back home to do CP since interviews are scheduled about a month in advance which gives me time to do bio and medical exam at home. And if my CN won't become current or I don't get scheduled for an interview as you said by the end of FY then I can still graduate. However, I think this is quite misleading and the AOS spreadsheet says "Be prepared to be asked about your intentions when you applied for a non-immigrant visa". Do you think attempting this would jeopardize both my F1 status and DV case?

Thanks again!

Good morning
I noticed thst i received the acceptance text fot the I 765, I 131, I 485. I didn t receive the acceptance text for the affidavit of support. Is that normal? Or it means they didn t accept the affidavit?
Thank you

Thank you for replying!

Regarding question 5,
I was wondering if it would be frowned upon by CBP or COs during the interview to renew my F1 visa during winter break, come back and submit my DS-260 while going to school during spring semester. My reasoning behind this is that If my CN becomes current during the summer break I will go back home to do CP since interviews are scheduled about a month in advance which gives me time to do bio and medical exam at home. And if my CN won't become current or I don't get scheduled for an interview as you said by the end of FY then I can still graduate. However, I think this is quite misleading and the AOS spreadsheet says "Be prepared to be asked about your intentions when you applied for a non-immigrant visa". Do you think attempting this would jeopardize both my F1 status and DV case?

Thanks again!

Admission or re-admission back into the US is always at the discretion of the CBP, a valid visa does not guarantee one would be admitted into the US. Getting a visa is also at the discretion of the CO at the embassy, having being previously issued with a visa does not guarantee a new visa.

Which section of the AOS spreadsheet says “Be prepared to be asked about your intentions when you applied for a non-immigrant visa"? I don’t quite recall this. And yes, you may be asked about your DV selection when you apply for a new F1 visa, you’re required to truthfully answer the question.

Good morning
I noticed thst i received the acceptance text fot the I 765, I 131, I 485. I didn t receive the acceptance text for the affidavit of support. Is that normal? Or it means they didn t accept the affidavit?
Thank you

You received acceptance notifications for the petitions you filed. The I-134 is not a petition so there’s no acceptance notification or NOA issued for it.