• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

1. I’m not aware of any info of the Lockbox loosing an AOS package.
2. You shouldn’t be sending a replacement package without a status update on the one already sent.
3. I don’t know.
Also, the memo has to be "I-485 and biometric fee" am I correct?

Also, the memo has to be "I-485 and biometric fee" am I correct?
Sorry, last question. Date of last arrival in the United States.
Last year I went to my country and when I came back to U.S, i stopped in Dublin, irland where there was American immigration. So, I was inspected in Dublinew, and i flew to New York city.
1) do i have to write newe York city, right?
Thank you very much

Sorry, last question. Date of last arrival in the United States.
Last year I went to my country and when I came back to U.S, i stopped in Dublin, irland where there was American immigration. So, I was inspected in Dublinew, and i flew to New York city.
1) do i have to write newe York city, right?
Thank you very much
Go to https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home , select view travel history, enter your data. As a result it will show you your date and place of last arrival to US.
You put Dublin.

Hello!! Reading the recents posts, im wondering which should i put as my last city arrival in the USA because my flight had a stop in Aruba and they inspected me there (Venezuela-Aruba-Miami) but i have been using Miami in all my previous documents (Asylum, EAD, etc). I tried to check my Travel history but it says "No record found for traveler." but i can check my I-94. Any recommendation? Thanks in advance.

Along similar lines as above. I had a few questions regarding I-485.
1. Expiration Date of Authorized Stay Shown on Form I-94" (mm/dd/yyyy). Form I-94 says "D/S" since I was then in F1 visa. I cannot enter "D/S" as the field doesn't take non-date values.
2. Staus on Form I-94 (for example, class of admission, or paroled, if paroled). Form I-94 says "F1". I cannot, however, enter "F1" because the field doesn't take numerical values.
3. What is your current immigration status (if it has changed since your arrival)? I arrived as an F1 student. I am currently on TPS. Does TPS count as a valid immigration status? Is "Temporary Protected Status" what I enter for this question?
Thanks

Last edited:
Finally this morning I got an answer. My package has been rejected due to incorrect fee,$ -100.
They sent my package yesterday. I hope to get the package this week so I can send it again soon. I feel so bad of my mistake but at the same time I finally have an answer.
What was the issue with the fee? What was the amount you sent them?

1. Expiration Date of Authorized Stay Shown on Form I-94" (mm/dd/yyyy). Form I-94 says "D/S" since I was then in F1 visa. I cannot enter "D/S" as the field doesn't take non-date values.
2. Staus on Form I-94 (for example, class of admission, or paroled, if paroled). Form I-94 says "F1". I cannot, however, enter "F1" because the field doesn't take numerical values.

There's an amazing hack I've learned from one of the best experts in cybersecurity and digital data protection. I'm not 100% sure that I'm not disclosing a pending patent, so just in case: you haven't heard it from me... Here it goes:

1. Leave those fields empty.
2. Print the form.
3. Before putting the form in an envelope and sending it to USCIS: take a black pen and fill the missing fields with whatever content you want!

AFAIK this works on all operating systems (Linux, OSX and Windows).
Also there are multiple PDF viewers that totally ignore all the validations and macros, and happily accept any value in those fields, e.g. GNOME Evince.

There's an amazing hack I've learned from one of the best experts in cybersecurity and digital data protection. I'm not 100% sure that I'm not disclosing a pending patent, so just in case: you haven't heard it from me... Here it goes:

1. Leave those fields empty.
2. Print the form.
3. Before putting the form in an envelope and sending it to USCIS: take a black pen and fill the missing fields with whatever content you want!

AFAIK this works on all operating systems (Linux, OSX and Windows).
Also there are multiple PDF viewers that totally ignore all the validations and macros, and happily accept any value in those fields, e.g. GNOME Evince.

hahah, thanks.
I just found an even better solution. I am able to use adobe>preferences>javascript>disable javascript to enter the values I want and enable it after entering this.

Just had an outstanding question regarding immigration status:

What is your current immigration status (if it has changed since your arrival)? I arrived as an F1 student. I am currently on TPS. Does TPS count as a valid immigration status? Is "Temporary Protected Status" what I enter for this question?

Hello!! Reading the recents posts, im wondering which should i put as my last city arrival in the USA because my flight had a stop in Aruba and they inspected me there (Venezuela-Aruba-Miami) but i have been using Miami in all my previous documents (Asylum, EAD, etc). I tried to check my Travel history but it says "No record found for traveler." but i can check my I-94. Any recommendation? Thanks in advance.

If you went through pre-clearance in Aruba, then Aruba is considered your first city arrival in the US. Your onward flight from Aruba to Miami is considered a domestic flight. The flight will not be categorized as a domestic flight if preclearance hadn’t taken place.

Through Preclearance, the immigration and customs inspections of passengers traveling to the United States is completed before departure. Regardless of your destination in the states, Preclearance means you actually “enter” the US border prior to leaving Aruba.

SouthWest Community Info - admittedly not an official US government site, it’s the most I can easily think of at the moment.

3. What is your current immigration status (if it has changed since your arrival)? I arrived as an F1 student. I am currently on TPS. Does TPS count as a valid immigration status? Is "Temporary Protected Status" what I enter for this question?
Thanks

1 and 2. Already answered by @Xarthisius

3. If your current status is TPS, then that’s what you’ll put. Wether it is a “valid” immigration status or not is moot to the question being asked. It’s not like you can put something else there if your status isn’t considered a valid status.

Hello everyone. I was selected for dv 2020. I submitted ds260 and selected AOS. But, as there was mistake In original entry, i came to know that my case will be denied. I do not want to proceed further. But, I am trying to go to my country for a month in vacation next month. I am on f1 visa. Would there be any problems when coming back?
Thank you

Hello everyone. I was selected for dv 2020. I submitted ds260 and selected AOS. But, as there was mistake In original entry, i came to know that my case will be denied. I do not want to proceed further. But, I am trying to go to my country for a month in vacation next month. I am on f1 visa. Would there be any problems when coming back?
Thank you

Assuming you don’t need to be issued with a new NIV, you should be okay returning. If the current visa in your passport has expired and you’ll need to apply for a new NIV, your demonstrated immigrant immigrant intent will be tough to overcome in which case the embassy most likely will not issue you with a new NIV.

Hello,
1}I am one of the selectees for DV 2020 living here in USA, I am planning for AOS. I submitted my DS 260 last week but I made mistake on writing the user name for Social media, sir do you think I need to unlock it and update it?

2. Does KCC sent 2nd letter for the winner who is planning for AOS?

3. When do I have to pay the DS260 fee?

4. Do we need to hire a lawyer for AOS?

Hello,
1}I am one of the selectees for DV 2020 living here in USA, I am planning for AOS. I submitted my DS 260 last week but I made mistake on writing the user name for Social media, sir do you think I need to unlock it and update it?

2. Does KCC sent 2nd letter for the winner who is planning for AOS?

3. When do I have to pay the DS260 fee?

4. Do we need to hire a lawyer for AOS?

1. Not sure what you mean by made mistake - do you mean you made a mistake in providing the information, or that you made a spelling mistake and are wondering if you should correct that spelling mistake?

2. Yes, however AOS 2NL is different from CP 2NL. You need to go through the AOS process spreadsheet.

3. Go through the AOS process spreadsheet which already contains a step by step guidance.

4. It’s a personal choice. Hire a lawyer if you feel you need one. Or you can take your time to understand the process by starting with the AOS process spreadsheet, asking follow up questions on what is not clear after going through the spreadsheet, filling the paperwork on your own and filing the petition yourself.

1. Not sure what you mean by made mistake - do you mean you made a mistake in providing the information, or that you made a spelling mistake and are wondering if you should correct that spelling mistake?

2. Yes, however AOS 2NL is different from CP 2NL. You need to go through the AOS process spreadsheet.

3. Go through the AOS process spreadsheet which already contains a step by step guidance.

4. It’s a personal choice. Hire a lawyer if you feel you need one. Or you can take your time to understand the process by starting with the AOS process spreadsheet, asking follow up questions on what is not clear after going through the spreadsheet, filling the paperwork on your own and filing the petition yourself.

I made mistake in the username, I was supposed to write a user name but I wrote my actual name which I use in social media . Do i need to unlock it and provide the actual information?

Also, in my I 94, the arrival date is jan 9 , but I wrote jan 10, does it has any effects?

I made mistake in the username, I was supposed to write a user name but I wrote my actual name which I use in social media . Do i need to unlock it and provide the actual information?

2. Also, in my I 94, the arrival date is jan 9 , but I wrote jan 10, does it has any effects?

I receive an email from KCC the next day after submitting DS260 which has was has mentioned the following statement
"Attached are the Adjustment Letter and Adjustment of Status Mail Form.

Indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the United States and indicate that you are residing in the United States and wish to process your case at the local United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office."

3.Is it a second letter?

Also, in my I 94, the arrival date is jan 9 , but I wrote jan 10, does it has any effects?

I don’t get it, if your actual name is what use in social media, then that’s the user name itself.