• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

Yes this is not an unusual response. It could mean a myriad of things from background check is still pending, to your IO doesn’t have the authorization for approval and his decision needs to be reviewed by his supervisor.
Thank you for your prompt response. I will keep you guys updated.

Hi Mom, we completed a walk-in biometrics yesterday and our biometrics letters were stamped. Is it sufficient for not coming at the biometrics appoinment date indicated in the letter? The case status still says "fingerprints fee was received".

Hi Mom, we completed a walk-in biometrics yesterday and our biometrics letters were stamped. Is it sufficient for not coming at the biometrics appoinment date indicated in the letter? The case status still says "fingerprints fee was received".

Yes. Bio is complete.

@Sm1smom and @asm_dv thanks for your help!
Does four times the fee mean I need 4 x I-485 form? One for every family member.
@ysim also remember to clearly separate each application packet. Rule of thumb each applicant's I-485 needs to be supported by "that particular applicant's supporting documents" so arrange them accordingly then use a large binder clip to keep each application packet together. Finally send all of them in one big postal packet.

DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Everything should be COPY and certified copy (copy of translation) when needed.
Only exception is I-485(all forms sent should be original) and the medical exam sealed envelope. Keep copies of I-485 for yourself and your civil surgeon should provide an additional copy for you along with the sealed letter.

this link helps, directly from USCIS: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-information/form-filing-tips

Hello Mom
I have paid the DV lottery fee and I received the attached letter. The letter do not seem to be official or genuine. Could you please let me know if this is actually the DV lottery fee receipt? Is this the receipt that will be sent in the i485 package?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20200129_133110.jpg
    20200129_133110.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
Hello Mom
I have paid the DV lottery fee and I received the attached letter. The letter do not seem to be official or genuine. Could you please let me know if this is actually the DV lottery fee receipt? Is this the receipt that will be sent in the i485 package?
Thanks

Yes, that is the payment receipt - it is both official and genuine :)

Hi,

I paid the 330$ fee for me and my husband, but I don't have a real payment receipt, but I just received an Adjustment of status Letter.
Is that enough?Should I bring it to the interview?

Thanks

Hi,

I paid the 330$ fee for me and my husband, but I don't have a real payment receipt, but I just received an Adjustment of status Letter.

Thanks

See the last three posts directly above yours for what the payment receipt looks like and let us know if what you received is different from that.

Hello Mom,
My case number is around 30000 from Asia region. The USCIS have already sent me the 2nd NL. I was wondering if i should go and pay the AOS fee right now or have to wait a few more months before i do the payment? THanks

Hello Mom,
My case number is around 30000 from Asia region. The USCIS have already sent me the 2nd NL. I was wondering if i should go and pay the AOS fee right now or have to wait a few more months before i do the payment? THanks

The $330 DV Administrative fee is non refundable, meaning KCC will not send a refund if your CN doesn’t get to become current. So you’ll have to make a judgment call as to when to make the payment, I can’t give you a “yes” or “no” response on this. Monitor the VB and make your own decision.

Hi,

Thanks
The letter you attached says "the Adjustment of Status fee to the department of state has been paid". So at-least the payment is in.
Did you send a self addressed envelope?
If not then you might have to email them to get a email copy of the receipt. I am not 100% sure about the email receipt procedure.

So this email is just the 2NL, it cannot serve as a payment receipt. When did you send in your payment? Did you include a SAE with the payment?

I didn't do it, an attorney did for me, but then I fired her, and she gave just the copy of the cashier check that she did to do the payment.
Should I ask her for something more?

Anyway thank you very much to reply me

I didn't do it, an attorney did for me, but then I fired her, and she gave just the copy of the cashier check that she did to do the payment.
Should I ask her for something more?

Anyway thank you very much to reply me

Email KCC and request for a payment receipt, they may be able to send you a copy of your attorney included the payment form with the cashier check she sent in.

If KCC is unable to send a receipt, then you’ll just have to use the email you already got and keep your fingers crossed hoping the email will be seen when your AOS package is being checked for the payment receipt.

Email KCC and request for a payment receipt, they may be able to send you a copy of your attorney included the payment form with the cashier check she sent in.

If KCC is unable to send a receipt, then you’ll just have to use the email you already got and keep your fingers crossed hoping the email will be seen when your AOS package is being checked for the payment receipt.

Ok!
thank you very much! :)

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will implement the Inadmissibility on Public Charge Grounds final rule on Feb. 24, 2020, except in Illinois, where the rule remains enjoined by a federal court as of Jan, 2020. The final rule will apply only to applications and petitions postmarked (or if applicable, submitted electronically) on or after Feb. 24, 2020. For applications and petitions sent by commercial courier (such as UPS, FedEx, and DHL), the postmark date is the date reflected on the courier receipt. When determining whether an alien is likely to become a public charge at any time in the future, DHS will not consider an alien’s application for, certification or approval to receive, or receipt of certain non-cash public benefits before Feb. 24, 2020. Similarly, when determining whether the public benefits condition applies to applications or petitions for extension of stay or change of status, USCIS will only consider public benefits received on or after Feb. 24, 2020.

USCIS will post updated forms and submission instructions to the USCIS website during the week of Feb. 3 – well ahead of the implementation date – to give applicants, petitioners, and others time to review updated procedures and adjust filing methods. After Feb. 24, except in Illinois, USCIS will reject prior editions of forms if the form is postmarked on or after Feb. 24, 2020. If USCIS receives an application or petition for benefits using an incorrect edition of the forms, the petitioner or alien will need to submit a new application or petition.

DHS remains enjoined from implementing the final rule in Illinois. If the injunction in Illinois is lifted, USCIS will provide additional public guidance.