• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I just left the Greer USCIS facility. The process was very quick and smooth, we pretty much only went through the I-485.
The officer jokingly thanked me for having a relatively "simple" case.

She approved me on the spot and stamped my passport with an I-551, so I can fly immediately.

I am quite confident I am the first DV AOS in my area, I am happy and very willing to help future Greer applicants.

I couldn't have possibly done it without you, @Sm1smom thank you for what you do.

I just finished my interview at Los Angeles FO. My appointment was at 8am and we were out by 9am. It was surprisingly easy. Everyone was super nice and helpful. The IO was lovely, she took our passports, made us take the oath then asked a few questions about our e2 visa and business. She went through each of our I-485 and made us both sign at the end. Nothing was mentioned about the I-944. I didn't have to show any documents other than passports even though I had a folder full of things to show her. She told us to wait outside for about 15-20 minutes and came back out with the approval letter and said we should receive our GC by the end of next week in the mail. It was surprising how easy and quick it was, doesn't feel real. Good luck to everyone waiting on interviews.

wonderful news. congratulations!

I just left the Greer USCIS facility. The process was very quick and smooth, we pretty much only went through the I-485.
The officer jokingly thanked me for having a relatively "simple" case.

She approved me on the spot and stamped my passport with an I-551, so I can fly immediately.

I am quite confident I am the first DV AOS in my area, I am happy and very willing to help future Greer applicants.

I couldn't have possibly done it without you, @Sm1smom thank you for what you do.

Fantastic news. Congratulations and safe travels.

Morning! My case was approved this morning! Thank you so much again @Sm1smom and the forum. You guys are the best. The online notice say that I should receive my approval letter by September 4th. So hopefully I will get it earlier.

Your case was actually already approved when the new card ordered update was posted ;)

Hello SM1SMOM
I got email from uscis
Sender address from uscis Sacramento which is my field office
I wanna share this email with you and please advise me what to do next
On 08/07/2020, you or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:
-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:
-- Information not available

Case type:
-- I485

Filing date:
-- 05/19/2020
The status of this service request is:

On August 07, 2020, you contacted USCIS concerning your I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, to request your case be expedited. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

We researched the status of your case and found USCIS sent you a Request for Evidence (RFE) on July 27, 2020. On August 04, 2020, we received your response to the RFE and your application is currently being reviewed by an Immigration Services Officer.

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met. The criteria are as follows:

-Severe financial loss to company or individual
-Extreme emergent situation
-Humanitarian situation
-Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States
-Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)
-USCIS error
-Compelling interest of USCIS

In order to consider your request you will need to make an InfoPass appointment to bring in evidence that demonstrates you meet one of the above criteria to have your application expedited. You can schedule an InfoPass appointment by calling our Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

-------------------------------
Online Services
We offer many online services and tools to help you find the information you need. Please visit our Web site at www.uscis.gov for information about:
*Using our Case Status Online tool;
*Signing up for case status updates;
*Checking processing times;
*Submitting an e-Request to inquire about certain applications and petitions;
*Using our Office Locator;
*Using InfoPass to schedule an appointment; and
*Downloading forms.

Address Changes
If you move, please provide us with an updated address. For more information about address changes, please visit our Web site at www.uscis.gov/ar-11, and click on "Change Your Address Online."

For More Information
If you do not find the information you need through our online services and need further assistance, you may contact USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TDD for the hearing impaired).

@Ahmedaboesawy2020 can you provide the following info missing from the timeline so that I can fill it out? Case Number, Visa Status, package delivery courier service used, did you received package acceptance text/email? when the payment fee was cashed? Hopefully you'll get the bio and interview letter soon

@Ahmedaboesawy2020 can you provide the following info missing from the timeline so that I can fill it out? Case Number, Visa Status, package delivery courier service used, did you received package acceptance text/email? when the payment fee was cashed? Hopefully you'll get the bio and interview letter soon
Case number 2020AF000372xx
Courier FedEx , received notice of action on May 27 and payment cashed same day no text or email received, field office Sacramento, status F1 now on OPT

Last edited by a moderator:
Case number 2020AF000372xx
Courier FedEx , received notice of action on May 27 and payment cashed same day no text or email received, field office Sacramento, status F1 now on OPT
Don't provide your full case number, it is very sensitive info for you, dont publish it online. Edit your post!

You may want to show smth like 2020AF37XXX

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received the Green Card today.
They sent it by USPS priority mail with trancking number provided, which was useful and secure.

Here is how my case status changed after interview&bio( both on 07/23)
07/23 finger prints were taken
07/28 We ordered you new card.
07/29 We approved your Form I 485
08/17 We mailed your new card directly to the address.
08/18 Card was picked up by USPS.
(08/20 arrived)

I really appreciate this community, especially @Sm1smon, and everyone who helped me. Such helpful information and support.
It was quite a journey. For those who are still waiting, I am crossing fingers for you!!! Thank you again.

Last edited:
Good evening, everyone,

Today we had our biometrics done. My spouse and I had code 3, so 10 fingerprints, photo and signature were captured for both of us. Kids had code 2 - index finger print, photo and signature were captured.

We came as instructed (not earlier than 15 min), we were scheduled at 1pm at Elizabeth. There were about 10 people before us but everything went smoothly, it took us around 50 min (out of which 25-30 was waiting time I think) to complete the procedure and we went out at 13:35. The whole process is quite similar to what already described above.The staff is friendly, giving us clear instructions.
So, we look forward for the next step.
Hello @Gata2203 ! We had our bio at Elizabeth office too, but on the 4th of August. The status hasn't changed ever since, it is still showing at "fingerprints taken". Have yours been changed?
thank you!

Do you understand the context in which the question I responded to was asked? Do you have a similar denial situation?
yes. I also applied for a STEM extension last month and although not yet, my case will also be denied as I got approved for my permanent residency two days ago. but from my understanding, this won't be a denial of visa, it will be a denial of work permit?