• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

In my case, the bio metric appointment letter has 3 pages.
Page 1 I-797C notice for appointment, date, time and ID to bring with you.
Page 2 Attention for appointment and entry due to covid-19
Page 3 Application information work sheet(AIW), applicant's name, height, weight, eye color, DOB, nationality, race, gender to be filled out by Applicant.
I asked them if they need to keep the Page 3 with filled out personal information, but they said they don't need it, and didn't take it. I was wondering why they asked to fill it in the first place.

I asked them if they need to keep the Page 3 with filled out personal information, but they said they don't need it, and didn't take it. I was wondering why they asked to fill it in the first place.
I checked the AIW sheet.
At the bottom of this form, I found the sentence saying, “ Return AIW to applicant.”
It seems this paper is just required for their transaction at ASC. After the entry, they don’t need it.

I checked the AIW sheet.
At the bottom of this form, I found the sentence saying, “ Return AIW to applicant.”
It seems this paper is just required for their transaction at ASC. After the entry, they don’t need it.
For my case, they didn't even take a look at the Page 3. Just only had a glimpse of the Page 1.

I would like to update my situation and will appreciate opinion. Thank you in advance.

I did interview and fingerprints on the same day (7/23). For the biometrics, I didn't receive a letter, but they did all at FO.
After that my case status went to "finger prints were taken".

Because I had to go to FO to submit birth certificate again on 7/28, I did so and the status changed to "New Card is Being produced".
On the next day, 29th , "Case was Approved".

This Monday, I received I797, approval notice AND biometrics interview letter at the same time. the appointment date at ASC is set on 8/14.

I called USCIS office today if this is a mistake. The officer said "the best advice I can give is to show up so that it won't affect negatively on your case".
I asked for someone who knows better. He told me to call tomorrow moring to ask for higher rank officer (is it Tier 2?).
I will call tomorrow. Is it worth calling?

I am confused if this is just a computer error or actually the biometrics they did (10 fingers&picure& signature) wasn't counted so I have to do it again.
I was going to wait for the card to be produced and arrive before 8/14, but if not I don't want to ignore the appointment which I don't know if I have to show up.

Yeah they give it back always. I guess they just compare to what’s in the computer?

I would like to update my situation and will appreciate opinion. Thank you in advance.

I did interview and fingerprints on the same day (7/23). For the biometrics, I didn't receive a letter, but they did all at FO.
After that my case status went to "finger prints were taken".

Because I had to go to FO to submit birth certificate again on 7/28, I did so and the status changed to "New Card is Being produced".
On the next day, 29th , "Case was Approved".

This Monday, I received I797, approval notice AND biometrics interview letter at the same time. the appointment date at ASC is set on 8/14.

I called USCIS office today if this is a mistake. The officer said "the best advice I can give is to show up so that it won't affect negatively on your case".
I asked for someone who knows better. He told me to call tomorrow moring to ask for higher rank officer (is it Tier 2?).
I will call tomorrow. Is it worth calling?

I am confused if this is just a computer error or actually the biometrics they did (10 fingers&picure& signature) wasn't counted so I have to do it again.
I was going to wait for the card to be produced and arrive before 8/14, but if not I don't want to ignore the appointment which I don't know if I have to show up.

If your GC hasn’t shown up by the bio appointment day, I suggest you show up for the appointment and let the ASC staff be the ones to tell you it is no longer required.

Hi MOM. Yesterday we had our bio appointment, everything went smooth. Today our status updated to <New card being produced>. Thank you for all your help. I have not been so helpful for this forum but you spend a lot of your time to help others.
Because of that I decided to offer you my rental property for a week free of charge. Its located in West Palm Beach and has been recently renovated, contact me directly so I could add your reservation. Again thank you!!!

If your GC hasn’t shown up by the bio appointment day, I suggest you show up for the appointment and let the ASC staff be the ones to tell you it is no longer required.
Thank you Mom. Yes, that seems to be the most proper thing to do.
How about Tier 2 officers? Do they have access for individual cases in details?

@MariJac,Congrats for interview! Can you share your experience about interview?

Hi, yes we had the interview on July 23. It lasted about one hour and a half. The official was serious but nice and respectful. He was hesitant on how to move forward with the interview without the biometrics, but we asked him to do it due to the limited deadline for DV’s and he agreed. In general terms the interview focused on confirming your application information and corroborating your legal status in the US. Be prepared to show all supporting documents. Our biometrics letter arrived two days later directly from NBC. We took our biometrics yesterday (August 5) and it was a breeze. The staff was very nice and helpful. We already received both updates on our cases at USCIS website. We hope to hear good news soon. Let us know if you have further questions. Good luck!

Hello @Sm1smom
I did both my biometrics and interview last week on July 28th but I haven’t received any new updates on my case online, it still shows Fingerprints Fee was Received. Should I call USCIS tomorrow and see if I can do anything or should I wait?

Hi guys I made my Bio appointment on July 22 but I haven’t received my Interview appointment, will you call USCIS ?

Hi MOM. Yesterday we had our bio appointment, everything went smooth. Today our status updated to <New card being produced>. Thank you for all your help. I have not been so helpful for this forum but you spend a lot of your time to help others.
Because of that I decided to offer you my rental property for a week free of charge. Its located in West Palm Beach and has been recently renovated, contact me directly so I could add your reservation. Again thank you!!!
Have you been approved without interview? Just bio and GC processed next day?

Woot woot! West Palm Beach! here I come :D:D:D Thanks Alex, this is mighty generous of you. I greatly appreciate the gesture but I will pass for now. Will remember to reach out to you in the future for a reduced rate should I decide to head down there.

Congratulations :)

Hello @Sm1smom
I did both my biometrics and interview last week on July 28th but I haven’t received any new updates on my case online, it still shows Fingerprints Fee was Received. Should I call USCIS tomorrow and see if I can do anything or should I wait?

Be patient. In the interim, you can contact KCC to find out if your FO already requested for your KCC file and if they have, ask if it already got sent.

Quick update on my case: my status changed to "My Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" a few hours after my biometrics appointment and interview, on August 4th.
Today I received the biometrics letter I was supposed to get, had the IO not given me the referral letter after the inteview. It was generated on July 31st, and the appointment is on August 17th, at the same ASC. It is applying to both I-485 and I-765 forms, Code 3.

I am not sure if I should go, especially if my case gets adjudicated prior to August 17th - but if not, I think I'll just go there and present both referral and actual biometrics letters to ask if it is still relevant.

Hope everyone be happy with them process.

Is it still required to fill i944 form?

i can not find the i944 form on USCIS website.