• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

That’s my (non-lawyerly) understanding. Curtis had talked about some other case where visas were to be set aside to be issued later but that was a few years back and to my understanding those visas have still not been issued, because the law does not allow it. Note that the law passed by Congress i linked above also did not in fact allow DV98 visas to be issued after the end of FY98 - but it allowed those affected by the bombings to be issued DV99 visas in FY99.
It was of course also an entirely different set of circumstances.
Hmmmmmmmm

On a positive note, the line Xarthisius found about embassies rescheduling other appointments to finish as much DV as they can in time was heartening to see.
Please how do i access Xarthisius data?
Can you help me with what is happening in the Us embassy Ghana? @SusieQQQ . I have sent about 4 emails but no response,only 1 auto reply

Please how do i access Xarthisius data?
Can you help me with what is happening in the Us embassy Ghana? @SusieQQQ . I have sent about 4 emails but no response,only 1 auto reply
His data? Why don’t you ask him, he’s a user on this site!

I really don’t know what to suggest. Have you called them? Have you spoken to anyone at kcc? Have you contacted AILA?

His data? Why don’t you ask him, he’s a user on this site!

I really don’t know what to suggest. Have you called them? Have you spoken to anyone at kcc? Have you contacted AILA?
Please you made a statement that xarthisius line shows positive relief of some rescheduling going on. So i wanted to ask if you have seen anything about what is happening in Ghana.(sorry if that is too much to ask)
Yes i have contacted AILA. My case was scheduled and cancelled so it is no longer with Kcc.

Please you made a statement that xarthisius line shows positive relief of some rescheduling going on. So i wanted to ask if you have seen anything about what is happening in Ghana.(sorry if that is too much to ask)
Yes i have contacted AILA. My case was scheduled and cancelled so it is no longer with Kcc.
? I was referring to the quote he posted in post #5012.

There has been a case where visas were set aside for issuance after the deadline. In the end all bu one were issued before the deadline. However, one case remains and the case has been in limbo for a couple of years.

Having said that, the judge discussed an extension today in a positive way. He is certainly considering it.

I think we will also get some fast relief for Schengen area etc. Probably tomorrow or Wednesday.

There has been a case where visas were set aside for issuance after the deadline. In the end all bu one were issued before the deadline. However, one case remains and the case has been in limbo for a couple of years.

Having said that, the judge discussed an extension today in a positive way. He is certainly considering it.

I think we will also get some fast relief for Schengen area etc. Probably tomorrow or Wednesday.
It's out. https://www.slideshare.net/gsiskind/dv-14-day-ban-order

Charles Kuck @ckuck
#DV2020 #DV2020Winners BAM! The 14 day bar in ALL the Proclamations are voided by Judge Mehta in the Gomez/Aker/Mohammad Cases. I TOLD YOU that this was going to happen. Congrats to all those who do NOT now have to leave their homes!

. Hi brit if judge orders extension ,will we have the same problems of geting visas issued after 30 september,or the order qill be clearer and argument stronger?

"Diversity Visa (DV-2020) Update" on DoS page [1] was updated again. They removed the paragraph about regional proclamations:
The five Regional COVID Proclamations that suspend entry of immigrants who were physically present in China, Iran, the Schengen Area, the UK, Ireland, or Brazil within 14 days of entry into the United States are still in effect and not the subject of the Court’s order. Thus, while DV applicants subject to a regional COVID Proclamation (China, Iran, the Schengen Area, the UK, Ireland, or Brazil) may be interviewed and processed, applicants who have been physically present in the affected region during the preceding 14-day period will not be issued an immigrant visa, unless excepted under the relevant proclamation or until they have been outside the affected region for 14 days.
[1] https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/diversity-visa-DV-2020-update.html

I called KCC, they told me my documents are ok and I am qualified for the interview in a general sense (EU44xxx). But they will not send me the documents confirmation email, if I am not a named plaintiff. The only chance is if the deadline is extended for everyone.