• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Dears,
My CN number is 106xx and I received an email from KCC to send the supporting documents. what will happen if I delay my response one month from now?

Dears,
My CN number is 106xx and I received an email from KCC to send the supporting documents. what will happen if I delay my response one month from now?
Nothing. You can delay your response as long as you want. Just make sure that you send in your docuemnts roughly 2-3 months before you become current and want your interview to be scheduled.

My CN is in the same range and I also received the letter. Apparently, they send it out to everyone which is not a bad sign.

I have a question that I have asked before but I am still not sure how I should proceed.

CN: EU43xxx

I am applying for summer internships in the Bay Area in 2020 right now for which I need a J1 visa.
So far my plan is as following:
1. Receive an offer for an internship from June till September
2. Feb/March apply for J1 visa with multiple entries (perhaps the company moves a bit slower and won't start the visa process till April/May)
3. March/April send in documents (can only do it after I got the J1 visa)
4. Go to the US to start the internship
5. Fly back to Europe for 1 week for the embassy interview
6. Re-enter the US with the J1 visa
7. After the internship fly back to Europe write exams
8. Short trip to the US to activate the GreenCard

I think doing the interview in my home country involves less risk than doing AOS (high CN).

Does my plan make sense?

You might not get a J visa if you’re proceeding with DV. (Even if you delay documents, they have your DS260.) If you do, and you go back home to do the interview, all your existing visas will be cancelled when you get it so your re-entry in point 6 would be with DV, not J.

A week might not be long enough to complete the process back home as you need to do medicals in the same country you interview. Procedures differ by country but some require more lead time than others.

And obviously, don’t get a J visa that has a 2-year home requirement.

You might not get a J visa if you’re proceeding with DV. (Even if you delay documents, they have your DS260.) If you do, and you go back home to do the interview, all your existing visas will be cancelled when you get it so your re-entry in point 6 would be with DV, not J.

A week might not be long enough to complete the process back home as you need to do medicals in the same country you interview. Procedures differ by country but some require more lead time than others.

And obviously, don’t get a J visa that has a 2-year home requirement.

Thanks for the answer!

I was planning on doing the medicals before I leave for the internship. Is this possible?
I think for my country the 2-year rule doesn't apply. I already had a J1 without the 2-year requirement and don't know anybody else either.

Thanks for the answer!

I was planning on doing the medicals before I leave for the internship. Is this possible?
I think for my country the 2-year rule doesn't apply. I already had a J1 without the 2-year requirement and don't know anybody else either.

2NL is usually required before medical appointment can be scheduled.

Hi!

I acquired a Canadian citizenship today, my interview should be scheduled for December (my number is 32xx) but I haven't gotten an invitation yet (scans were approved in the middle of September).
My question: do I have to unlock my DS-260 now and include my new citizenship info? If so, do I have to provide my Canadian passport number which I haven't applied for yet (and will have to wait for at least 2 weeks -- 1 month to get it) or my Citizenship certificate # is good enough?

Or should I better wait to unlock it after I get my interview date & after I get my Canadian passport?

I wrote to KCC asking all this but all I got is a generic response -- if I need to unlock it, I should write them and they will unlock it sort of thing...

KCC cannot unlock the DS260 once your interview has been scheduled. You can unlock the DS260 form now and provide the new citizenship information, no passport or citizenship number required for this. There are people with multiple citizenships with only one passport. You can also wait until your interview day to update and provide the information at the embassy.

p.s. congratulations on the new citizenship.

Thank you, appreciated!

I read that someone was able to unlock it after the interview has been scheduled and waited until then in order for the application not to be delayed because of the changes? My interview should be scheduled any time now, I imagine, since it's supposed to be in December.

There is a question: do you carry any other citizenships? If answer is 'yes', they ask if you carry a passport from that country? Should I say 'no' then? But I will have my passport within 3 weeks or so, planning to apply tomorrow. But I guess I should answer that I don't have a passport because I physically don't have it now? And then notify them at the embassy that I have my Canadian passport at the time of the interview? I'm just very worried since I'm not trying to conceal any information...

Thank you, appreciated!

I read that someone was able to unlock it after the interview has been scheduled and waited until then in order for the application not to be delayed because of the changes? My interview should be scheduled any time now, I imagine, since it's supposed to be in December.

There is a question: do you carry any other citizenships? If answer is 'yes', they ask if you carry a passport from that country? Should I say 'no' then? But I will have my passport within 3 weeks or so, planning to apply tomorrow. But I guess I should answer that I don't have a passport because I physically don't have it now? And then notify them at the embassy that I have my Canadian passport at the time of the interview? I'm just very worried since I'm not trying to conceal any information...

Always quote the post you’re referencing when doing a follow up or it will be difficult to keep track of what is being discussed.

Like I said before, KCC does not unlock a DS260 form that’s already scheduled for an interview. The embassy May be willing to unlock the form, but they will not do so for a minor reason such as updating the passport information. You can choose to believe what I’ve written here which is based on fact, or believe what you read somewhere about someone being able to unlock their DS260 form after their interview had already been scheduled.

If you don’t currently have the passport as at the time you’re providing the information about the second citizenship, the correct answer is obviously a “NO” even if you get the passport a day after the form submission.

Thanks for the answer!

2NL is usually required before medical appointment can be scheduled.

As mom says, and note that the visa will expire 6 months after the medical so even if you can do it early (I’ve only ever heard of the London doctors allowing this) it can backfire. Also check how long your embassy usually takes to return visas. If I were you I’d bank on having to be back 2-3 weeks to organize the visa. I personally certainly wouldn’t jeopardize a DV because of an internship.

The two year rule is not contingent on country but on who is providing funding for the internship/program.

Hello.
We have a case number of around eu20xxx. We recently filled out ds160 file but couldn't submit it. When the button 'submit' is clicked, it shows the case number with a red arrow. And the text "Your file is currently at: KCC" is always on the corner of the page. Does someone know what's the problem? Why doesn't the site accept the submit?
20191022_190112.jpg20191022_190248.jpg

Hello.
We have a case number of around eu20xxx. We recently filled out ds160 file but couldn't submit it. When the button 'submit' is clicked, it shows the case number with a red arrow. And the text "Your file is currently at: KCC" is always on the corner of the page. Does someone know what's the problem? Why doesn't the site accept the submit?
View attachment 1315View attachment 1316
Ensure you are entering your CN correctly, including all leading zeros

Hello,

I am CN EU44***. Would you recommend to apply for DV2021 as well? They say this number has chances, but still it's very high, so I am thinking to apply again. And my participation DV2021 will not have any affect on my current process, right?

Hello,

I am CN EU44***. Would you recommend to apply for DV2021 as well? They say this number has chances, but still it's very high, so I am thinking to apply again. And my participation DV2021 will not have any affect on my current process, right?
Yes, you can apply again.

Does anyone know what the heck does this mean? (it's on the top corner of the DS-260)
Not that I'm not happy to be a burden...

1571773580313.png

This means the time you might need to complete the form. But the form can be saved after completing each stage and you can get back to it later.
Oh I already filled it, just wanted to review and noticed this weird piece of data... I'm pretty sure it took me a lot less than 155mins though...
Thanks!