• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Assuming that is not your country of nationality, unless you lived there for more than 12 months a police cert is not required.

Exactly.
I mean, if people want to go getting new certificates every 3 months that’s fine, but don’t tell others they have to.

@Britsimon , a question I’m not sure about re the posters with certificates from countries they’ve lived in before - does the consulate keep the originals of all of them, or just the original of current country? (For those unaware, the consulates take copies of everything you present except the PCC where they take the original.)

Exactly.
I mean, if people want to go getting new certificates every 3 months that’s fine, but don’t tell others they have to.

@Britsimon , a question I’m not sure about re the posters with certificates from countries they’ve lived in before - does the consulate keep the originals of all of them, or just the original of current country? (For those unaware, the consulates take copies of everything you present except the PCC where they take the original.)
Ok. taking it back if sounded like that.

After reading almost all the comments, I'm not quite sure where to begin,

But Ok, first of all I'm from Venezuela and I have a very very high CN. Anyways, I was asked to submit the documents 2 weeks ago. Of course, I sent everything they asked for and the same day I received the automatic e-mail saying they received my documents, etc. After 4 days I received another E-mail saying that I submit " Complete and valid documents. My question is, if I'm lucky and my CS is CURRENT in few months. Will I have to renew my police records and all the documents that might expire until the day of the interview?

Thank you!

Exactly.

I think that varies somewhat by embassy and CO - I have seen inconsistent approaches on that in the past. But, to your point, if there is a document that someone wants to keep - they should go with copies in hand.

But Ok, first of all I'm from Venezuela and I have a very very high CN. Anyways, I was asked to submit the documents 2 weeks ago. Of course, I sent everything they asked for and the same day I received the automatic e-mail saying they received my documents, etc. After 4 days I received another E-mail saying that I submit " Complete and valid documents. My question is, if I'm lucky and my CS is CURRENT in few months. Will I have to renew my police records and all the documents that might expire until the day of the interview?

Thank you!
Normally it’s only police certificates that expire. If it is older than a year and you still live there as at the date of interview, you will need a new one.

Thanks for the feedback that they are also asking high case numbers for documents already.

I think that varies somewhat by embassy and CO - I have seen inconsistent approaches on that in the past. But, to your point, if there is a document that someone wants to keep - they should go with copies in hand.
Our consulate insisted on keeping the original of the police certificate (we had copies) and I”ve heard of a number of other consulates doing the same.

Edit: another member just PM’d me to say their consulate took the copies so - yes it definitely varies.

Bullshit. I just shared what KCC told me. Saw a lot of confusion about requesting docs for high case numbers.

OK, last chance. I am tired of your aggressive attitude. From now on I will hit the ban button if you post anything with an aggressive or disrespectful tone.

This is a HAPPY forum - full of happy calm people. We don't need some newbie coming in and throwing around negativity. Get with the program, or get banned. Simple as that.

Normally it’s only police certificates that expire. If it is older than a year and you still live there as at the date of interview, you will need a new one.

Thanks for the feedback that they are also asking high case numbers for documents already.
Also, police certificates from Venezuela expire at 6 months. So it is a good idea to ask for new ones once the interview date is approaching.

Then you made an error, look at your posts. Simon’s response was because you said you lived there over 6 months.
a year is more than 6 months. maybe I didn't get it . many years in all the countries and all of them with citizenships expect the US

Thank you!
I am curious what other documents you have that could possibly expire? Passport?
I have a marriage that the translation expired and I made a new one. All my translations are valid for a year. Hope will get this thing done by then.

Also, police certificates from Venezuela expire at 6 months. So it is a good idea to ask for new ones once the interview date is approaching.

Hm, usually the one year validity holds regardless of what the individual country expiries are, and the Caracas-specific page says it follows the general guideline of one year for the PCC. The only limitation they mention is which certificates they accept. By the way they also say DV applicants have to provide English translations of all documents, even Spanish ones.
https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...Post/CRS-Caracas.html#pre_interview_checklist

—-
This reminds me -

The selectee instructions do highlight this but maybe a timely reminder to new selectees, always check the requirements of the consulate you will be interviewing at (links on the selectee webpages). Some do have requirements that are specific to themselves and not general (such as the Caracas requirement for English translations, normally not needed if documents are in the local official language).

Reactions: YTM
Hm, usually the one year validity holds regardless of what the individual country expiries are, and the Caracas-specific page says it follows the general guideline of one year for the PCC. The only limitation they mention is which certificates they accept. By the way they also say DV applicants have to provide English translations of all documents, even Spanish ones.
https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...Post/CRS-Caracas.html#pre_interview_checklist

—-
This reminds me -

The selectee instructions do highlight this but maybe a timely reminder to new selectees, always check the requirements of the consulate you will be interviewing at (links on the selectee webpages). Some do have requirements that are specific to themselves and not general (such as the Caracas requirement for English translations, normally not needed if documents are in the local official language).
Yes!!! you are right!!! Also a winner that had his interview today (DV2019) was rescheduled because he didn't bring the translations.
As for the validity of the PC, GOOD TO KNOW!!! because asking for any document in this country is a nightmare! For example: I have ONE YEAR waiting for my ID Card (it was expired)

By the way they also say DV applicants have to provide English translations of all documents, even Spanish ones.

I do have a question about this... The certified translator that will translate my documents, needs to be from my country of residence or a translator from other spanish speaking country (certified by the US government) can do it?
—-
This reminds me -

In our specific case, the US Embassy in Venezuela is CLOSED. So we need to go to Bogota or other embassy, so we have to double check the requirements for each one. Actually the US Embassy in Bogota is working DV Cases just now with Venezuelans because Colombia is out of the DVLottery.

Hi all,
I will be redundant again and again, reading different contradictory information confuses me
Someone here said that KCC already asked them the supporting documents despite a very high number so I'm wondering if I missed something
@SusieQQQ already answered my questions but said something I'm not clear about:

Right! If you haven’t been asked to send docs by sometime in June I’d send them - July is the last month they will normally schedule interviews for the fiscal year so everything needs to have been processed by KCC by then.

Which email address I use to send them the documents? I always thought first KCC will send me an email with complete instructions about how to send the documents

Here is what happened so far
Once I submitted my DS260 I got the following email right away with a PDF document attached. Is it the email all you guys got?
New Bitmap Image.jpg

And here is the PDF attached in the email. What I highlighted in red is clear, I just need to wait until I get an update from KCC but what I highlighted in green asks me to prepare documents
New Bitmap Image (2).jpg

@WBA Don’t panic about not being asked yet! No-one knows the order in which KCC asks, despite conjecture.
The extract in red you quoted above is outdated - that used to be the case, but KCC started asking for docs from January this year. Not sure why they are still sending that out, probably just an oversight. It should now be saying send when asked, or something like that, which if I recall correctly the website does say.

@WBA Don’t panic about not being asked yet! No-one knows the order in which KCC asks, despite conjecture.
I don't really panic, not for now at least

The extract in red you quoted above is outdated - that used to be the case, but KCC started asking for docs from January this year. Not sure why they are still sending that out, probably just an oversight. It should now be saying send when asked, or something like that, which if I recall correctly the website does say.
I have a new concern now, I'm overthinking probably. Why did they send me this version? Wold be great if those who got the same email share what they got as well
I don't know why but I have a feeling (beside that tonight is gonna be a good night) that something is wrong in my application, but as I said I'm probably overthinking and will be waiting until next year

Last edited: