• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Guys, does anyone know, what's up with that new law that allows federal officials to deny green cards to legal immigrants who have received certain public benefits or who are deemed likely to do so in the future? What does it mean for the winners dv2020? I understand that now speaking English is crucial and the more money you have the more chances you have to go through the interview. But what else? I have seen on the Internet, that from now on the selectees will have not only to report their work experience, but also show tax declaration. But I can't find any official information on that.

And moreover. In the news it's said that those who used medical aid, food stamps and so on are likely to be denied in visa. How can somebody use American public charge with no official status in the US and being outside of US? Does it mean that if one used some help from the government of their own country, they are deemed likely to receive public benefits in the future in the US?
Public charge more applies to those who are residing legally in the United States on a non-immigrant visa and want to file their adjustment of status (I-485) application.

Public charge more applies to those who are residing legally in the United States on a non-immigrant visa and want to file their adjustment of status (I-485) application.
No. Overcoming public charge applies to all immigrants. Why do you think some embassies explicitly ask for things like person that will host you after you come to US or I-134?

In the AOS package I should put the original I 693 (medical form) or the copy? The original just at the interview?

In the AOS package I should put the original I 693 (medical form) or the copy? The original just at the interview?
Original I-693 in a sealed envelope, that's signed/initialed by the doctor is a part of an AOS package (as noted in AOS spreadsheet: "AOS Package"#B4)

Also: can you keep AOS related questions to the AOS thread? Both questions and answers in this case may be confusing for people doing CP.

Original I-693 in a sealed envelope, that's signed/initialed by the doctor is a part of an AOS package (as noted in AOS spreadsheet: "AOS Package"#B4)

Also: can you keep AOS related questions to the AOS thread? Both questions and answers in this case may be confusing for people doing CP.
Thank you, i will!!!

And moreover. In the news it's said that those who used medical aid, food stamps and so on are likely to be denied in visa. How can somebody use American public charge with no official status in the US and being outside of US? Does it mean that if one used some help from the government of their own country, they are deemed likely to receive public benefits in the future in the US?

There are currently non immigrants in the US, both legal and illegal who have or are finding loopholes in the system making it possible to avail themselves of public services/assistance they do not qualify to use or receive. There are also those currently outside the US but were previously in the country who did the same thing.

The US government isn’t seeking to penalize people who use the public assistance provided by their own government. However such a person may be denied a US visa if they’re unable to demonstrate they will not become a public charge in the US.