• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I believe there is an issue on the site with the forgotten confirmation number - I tried it and just got redirected back to the first page, I have seen others mention this on Brits Blog too. I'd suggest to wait a day or two and try again
I think so. Thank you very much

Of course you can always get married, you’ll still be out of status if no petition is filed once your current status expires. Simply being married to a USC does not automatically give you a valid status if no marriage based AOS is filed. You will need to decide if you want to get married and submit a marriage based AOS petition or return home and process your DV selection via CP.

FYI: a marriage based AOS petition is slightly more complicated, takes longer, and costs a bit more than a DV based AOS.
Thanks for your quick reply!! Also, if I go back to my homecountry and wait when my cut off number becomes current what happens with DS-260, where I said I would like to receive it in America? and gave my American address./Jesus, I probably messed up the whole thing with my proactivity. But everyone was saying act as fast as possible.

Hi! I'm around first number of 27XXX, in Europe, Italy for DV 2020.
How many possibilities could I have?

Thanks for your quick reply!! Also, if I go back to my homecountry and wait when my cut off number becomes current what happens with DS-260, where I said I would like to receive it in America? and gave my American address./Jesus, I probably messed up the whole thing with my proactivity. But everyone was saying act as fast as possible.

Too bad you didn’t discover this forum before rushing ahead to submit the DS260 form - we’ve been cautioning people to slow down and get a basic understanding of the process first before moving forward.

Your CN is not going to become current anytime soon like we already established. So read up and understand the process and requirements for now. Regarding the already submitted form, you’ll need to contact KCC and request they unlock your form because you need to change from AOS to CP. Once the form gets unlocked, you’ll update the address section to that in your home country, you’ll however not be able to change the AOS selection to CP directly on the form, that section gets locked down. Once you’ve resubmitted the form with your updated information, follow up with an email letting them know you’re going the CP route, this will enable them schedule an appointment at your applicable local US embassy when you become eligible for an interview.

I highly recommend you don’t rush into contacting KCC and requesting for the form to be unlocked now, wait a while and confirm you don’t need any other section corrected. We’ve seen people get frantic and contact KCC 3 to 5 times or more requesting for their forms to be unlocked because they kept noticing so many errors after each unblock resubmission.

But I have my WIFE'S confirmation number and other information as I entered. As a trial I used "forgotten password" option to get it verified. I entered the same information whic I entered for her application. But even for her also, confirmation number didn't retrieve

The forgot confirmation number link is broken. Everything else works fine. I get MANY people every year who swear they are entering the info correctly. When I check their details they always work. The difference is reading instructions and paying attention to on screen messages.

http://britsimonsays.com/dv2020-basic-questions/

1. Do you recommend waiting for your original documents to arrive before submitting the DS 260 form or can you submit the form before your originals arrive in the mail?

2. If I am going to travel to the US at the end of the month, should I wait until I have come back from my travels before submitting the DS 260 form or can I submit it early and it won't impact on my US travels later this month (vacation)?

Hi, could anyone please help me on this?

thanks so much!

1. Do you recommend waiting for your original documents to arrive before submitting the DS 260 form or can you submit the form before your originals arrive in the mail?

2. If I am going to travel to the US at the end of the month, should I wait until I have come back from my travels before submitting the DS 260 form or can I submit it early and it won't impact on my US travels later this month (vacation)?

1. Makes no difference - no documents required to be submitted with the DS260.
2. You can wait until you return from your trip at the end of the month before submitting the DS260 form.

Hope this help. FYI, this is my third attempts (I guess), and I won! My CN is 2020AS27xxx. I have been around this forum and Brit's blog and read it throughly for the past couple years. I think I know and learn a lot of things. I was giving up but still kept applying. This year, I was like *sigh* site crashes, slow site, blah blah, maybe I am unlucky again. I could not check the result since May 7. The website works fine today (May 11) and then BOOM! I won! But *sigh* numbers seem too high to me and other regions(?) Fingers crossed. Now, I feel so empthy and happy at the same time. I think I must re-read everything again. Have no idea where to start now. Hope I will get interview somehow xD.

Hope this help. FYI, this is my third attempts (I guess), and I won! My CN is 2020AS27xxx. I have been around this forum and Brit's blog and read it throughly for the past couple years. I think I know and learn a lot of things. I was giving up but still kept applying. This year, I was like *sigh* site crashes, slow site, blah blah, maybe I am unlucky again. I could not check the result since May 7. The website works fine today (May 11) and then BOOM! I won! But *sigh* numbers seem too high to me and other regions(?) Fingers crossed. Now, I feel so empthy and happy at the same time. I think I must re-read everything again. Have no idea where to start now. Hope I will get interview somehow xD.

That is a very high number. Wait some weeks as we will know more later.

That is a very high number. Wait some weeks as we will know more later.
DV-2016 - DV-2018 were current for AS region. Hopefully that will happen for DV-2019 - DV-2020. Fingers crossed!

So, question - if it goes current, should I start submitting DS260? Am I right? I am fully awared of immigrant intent as you do always mention. I understand I could have no chance of an interview, but it is just what I was wondering.

Thanks a lot in advance, Britsimon!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I have just joined as i need some information about applying for the DV-2021. Im just a bit confused as there are so many websites to apply requesting payment and i read in other places that it is suppose to be free. Is it just from the 1st of October that i will be able to apply? And how many times are we entitled to enter?
If someone could reply to me with the website that i need to be using it will be much appreciated.
Thanks to everyone in advance!

Hi everyone! I have just joined as i need some information about applying for the DV-2021. Im just a bit confused as there are so many websites to apply requesting payment and i read in other places that it is suppose to be free. Is it just from the 1st of October that i will be able to apply? And how many times are we entitled to enter?
If someone could reply to me with the website that i need to be using it will be much appreciated.
Thanks to everyone in advance!

Payment for registering = scam

The only website you can enter the next DV is dvlottery.state.gov

It is free.

Registering period starts from October and ends in November every year.

You can only submit 1 time. Submitting duplicate entries will be disqualified.

For more information: please do visit travel.state.gov

Payment for registering = scam

The only website you can enter the next DV is dvlottery.state.gov

It is free.

Registering period starts from October and ends in November every year.

You can only submit 1 time. Submitting duplicate entries will be disqualified.

For more information: please do visit travel.state.gov

SakuraNami thanks for your help! I almost did pay for it. So i can submit once every year right?
Also, by what i can gather, are our qualifications the most important in this? I have completed a BSc but also thinking of doing a Masters which will end in 2021. Is it best to just complete all of it first and then apply or give it a try anyway?

Thanks again.