• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hi all, we were selected, 1st time entering the lotto!

I was approved for the L1 visa same day, not knowing what I was doing and following the simple and basic instructions, I submitted the DS260 ‍♂️

Now it seems it was a big mistake as I am likely to enter the US on the L1 visa before end of June.

Did I just ruin my visa?

Hi, i have forgotten my confirmation number of DV2020, when i went through the "forgotten password" direction and answer with required information, it still not giving my confirmation number? is that a problem in the sight?

The site works fine. Usually you just wrote something wrong, different email or wrong spelling of name. The records must match 100% what you wrote when you entered.

If you are certain that everything is correct, then sadly it would seem like you wrote it the wrong way when you submitted the original application

I was approved for the L1 visa same day, not knowing what I was doing and following the simple and basic instructions, I submitted the DS260 ‍♂️

Now it seems it was a big mistake as I am likely to enter the US on the L1 visa before end of June.

Did I just ruin my visa?

Hi, I don't think you ruined the visa, pretty sure you can get an AOS(Adjustment of Status).

Did I just ruin my visa?

Congratulations on your selection, especially when it’s the first time your plane. That is extremely lucky.

You are furthermore extremely lucky that the L1 is a dual intent visa. This means that it does allow to seek a GC so you should be fine!

@Sm1smom can u pls confirm?

Congratulations on your selection, especially when it’s the first time your plane. That is extremely lucky.

You are furthermore extremely lucky that the L1 is a dual intent visa. This means that it does allow to seek a GC so you should be fine!

@Sm1smom can u pls confirm?

Yup! That is correct.

AOS requires a valid status, visa expiration is immaterial. So if you mean your F1 visa status expires on June 9 and you will not be in OPT after that, then there’s no way for you to maintain a valid status and process AOS when your CN becomes current.

You shouldn’t have rushed into submitting your DS260 form without understanding the process. DV 2020 FY starts in October - this is the earliest month a DV 2020 based AOS petition is eligible for approval. Your CN appears to be on the high side, not likely to become current until sometime 2020. If you will not be in a legal status at that point in time, you’ll need to process CP and make sure you leave the US once your granted stay comes to an end.
Thanks for your reply. Am I allowed to marry after submitting DS-260. My fiancee is American. But Im not sure if I can stay in America legally after marriage and wait when my cut off number becomes current. Also is there a website where I can see how many people were selected for Europe this year? Thank you! Thank you!!

Did I just ruin my visa?

L1 is a dual intent visa, having or demonstrating an immigrant intent with a L1 is allowed, so you’re quite fortunate indeed.

I suggest you spend some time going over some of the past AOS threads in the forum, including going over the AOS process spreadsheet (which by the way you’ll soon realize you need to treat as your AOS holy book :)) to ensure you have a decent understanding of what the AOS process entails should you decide to go that route. Of course you can always go back and process CP once you figure out what works best for you.

If going AOS route, post subsequent AOS related questions on the 2020 AOS only thread.

The site works fine. Usually you just wrote something wrong, different email or wrong spelling of name. The records must match 100% what you wrote when you entered.

If you are certain that everything is correct, then sadly it would seem like you wrote it the wrong way when you submitted the original application
But I have my WIFE'S confirmation number and other information as I entered. As a trial I used "forgotten password" option to get it verified. I entered the same information whic I entered for her application. But even for her also, confirmation number didn't retrieve

But I have my WIFE'S confirmation number and other information as I entered. As a trial I used "forgotten password" option to get it verified. I entered the same information whic I entered for her application. But even for her also, confirmation number didn't retrieve
Is date of birth part of required info? If so are you entering it US style - month -day- year?

Thanks for your reply. Am I allowed to marry after submitting DS-260. My fiancee is American. But Im not sure if I can stay in America legally after marriage and wait when my cut off number becomes current. Also is there a website where I can see how many people were selected for Europe this year? Thank you! Thank you!!

Of course you can always get married, you’ll still be out of status if no petition is filed once your current status expires. Simply being married to a USC does not automatically give you a valid status if no marriage based AOS is filed. You will need to decide if you want to get married and submit a marriage based AOS petition or return home and process your DV selection via CP.

FYI: a marriage based AOS petition is slightly more complicated, takes longer, and costs a bit more than a DV based AOS.

Are you sure you’re on the right website? You keep saying you tried to use the “forgotten password” option - there’s no password required for checking the DV result.

Are you sure you’re on the right website? You keep saying you tried to use the “forgotten password” option - there’s no password required for checking the DV result.
Sorry it should be corrected as forgotten confirmation number

Thanks for all your replies, I can breathe again. I just found the USCIS site gives very little info in this regard.

Just glad I didn’t ruin it!

Again, thanks for the feedback!

Sorry it should be corrected as forgotten confirmation number
I believe there is an issue on the site with the forgotten confirmation number - I tried it and just got redirected back to the first page, I have seen others mention this on Brits Blog too. I'd suggest to wait a day or two and try again

Is date of birth part of required info? If so are you entering it US style - month -day- year?

Yes.. It has to be entered in the boxes they have provided for month-day-year.. Problem is not there I think. I'll try it again.

For the confirmation retrieval options you need last name and year of birth only. Not the full name, and not the full month/day/year info.

Since you have your wife’s confirmation number itself, are you able to retrieve her DV result putting in her last name and year of birth?