• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

I need help please . When I sent an email to KCC asking if they are satisfied with my documents , I received an auto reply like this ( I attached below ) . Am I doing anything wrong or is that normal . I sent the email to ( kccdv@state.gov ) and I wrote my full name as it was in my DV entry , I added my complete CN and date of birth . Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191219-082625.jpg
    Screenshot_20191219-082625.jpg
    647.9 KB · Views: 69
Dear All,
Congrats to who became current based on the recently issued VB.
I have a question to our experts , looking back to the historical records of VB as summarized by Brit, usually all Asian case numbers become current after the VB reaches 10K as shown below:

Capture.JPG

Since we reached to 12K now, can we expect that all Asian cases numbers become current in the upcoming VB?

Dears,
My number is 106XX and will become current in Feb, I received an email from KCC to send my documents and I'm not ready yet (i need more time for that (around three months)) is there a problem if I postpone my response to KCC till Mar or May?

Dear All,
Congrats to who became current based on the recently issued VB.
I have a question to our experts , looking back to the historical records of VB as summarized by Brit, usually all Asian case numbers become current after the VB reaches 10K as shown below:

View attachment 1408

Since we reached to 12K now, can we expect that all Asian cases numbers become current in the upcoming VB?

You need to first understand how the lottery selection process works including the density and holes theory. Britsimons's site explains this very well. On to your question (after you've read through that info), this year selected CNs are very high from some approximate calculation in Britsimon site for DV2020, the density rate is only 30% (I think) compared to the usual 60% to 70%. Thus, historical VBs will be useless for you to infer anything since the CNs will be much higher than historical and the pattern will deviate. So NO, AS cases will not go current next month

I need help please . When I sent an email to KCC asking if they are satisfied with my documents , I received an auto reply like this ( I attached below ) . Am I doing anything wrong or is that normal . I sent the email to ( kccdv@state.gov ) and I wrote my full name as it was in my DV entry , I added my complete CN and date of birth . Thank you
Did you write date of birth US style? (MM-DD-YYYY)

What are you asking exactly? Do you see that the email has "Auto Replay Please Do Not Respond"? This is a confirmation that they received your email.

You need to first understand how the lottery selection process works including the density and holes theory. Britsimons's site explains this very well. On to your question (after you've read through that info), this year selected CNs are very high from some approximate calculation in Britsimon site for DV2020, the density rate is only 30% (I think) compared to the usual 60% to 70%. Thus, historical VBs will be useless for you to infer anything since the CNs will be much higher than historical and the pattern will deviate. So NO, AS cases will not go current next month

Good answer!

Nepal hit the record of getting diversity visas in a month!! For November 325 diversity visas have been issued for people from Nepal. Two months into DV2020 and 405 visas have already been issued for Nepalese while no visas have been issued for Iranians. It seems all winners from Nepal will get their green cards this year. It is really unfair cut-off number for Iran is still lower than that of Nepal.
They should treat Iran like other countries from Asia and call more people for interviews knowing that many Iranians cannot get their visas due to the Travel Ban. Why doesn't DOS take this into account? It seems what matters is only density of case numbers of winners from that country.

Nepal hit the record of getting diversity visas in a month!! For November 325 diversity visas have been issued for people from Nepal. Two months into DV2020 and 405 visas have already been issued for Nepalese while no visas have been issued for Iranians. It seems all winners from Nepal will get their green cards this year. It is really unfair cut-off number for Iran is still lower than that of Nepal.
They should treat Iran like other countries from Asia and call more people for interviews knowing that many Iranians cannot get their visas due to the Travel Ban. Why doesn't DOS take this into account? It seems what matters is only density of case numbers of winners from that country.

Do you actually know how many Iranians were called for interview, or do you only know the number of issued visas for them?
By the way, KCC/dos do NOT prequalify any selectees before interview. So how they can know that the Iranians who enter all are subject to the ban? How can they just assume none of them can get waivers? How can they know what an applicant will bring to the interview for that? No, they have to be fair and treat them like any other country that has such a high number of entrants and selectees.

You seem to be missing the underlying point. The travel ban was DESIGNED to be unfair to people from the banned countries! So pointing out unfairness now is a bit pointless.

Do you actually know how many Iranians were called for interview, or do you only know the number of issued visas for them?
By the way, KCC/dos do NOT prequalify any selectees before interview. So how they can know that the Iranians who enter all are subject to the ban? How can they just assume none of them can get waivers? How can they know what an applicant will bring to the interview for that? No, they have to be fair and treat them like any other country that has such a high number of entrants and selectees.
They can see that few to zero number of Iranians can get their visas. According to visa statistics by DOS number of diversity visas for Iranians is zero versus 405 for Nepalese. And they can even look at previous year where only 260 out of 4100 selectees could get their visas. Not all people can provide waivers and only 1% of waivers are accepted. I hope cut-off number for Iran becomes like the rest of Asia in the following months.

You seem to be missing the underlying point. The travel ban was DESIGNED to be unfair to people from the banned countries! So pointing out unfairness now is a bit pointless.
Dear Simon,
You once said that when they call people for interviews they pre-allocate them that number of visas and when people cannot get their visas soon after interview or they have to undergo Administrative Processing (AP) the visas are returned and therefore they can call more people from that country for interviews. Why don't we see this in case of Iran? I expected to see this reflected in February visa bulletin. As I said before it seems they only take into account density of case numbers of selectees for each country.

They can see that few to zero number of Iranians can get their visas. According to visa statistics by DOS number of diversity visas for Iranians is zero versus 405 for Nepalese. And they can even look at previous year where only 260 out of 4100 selectees could get their visas. Not all people can provide waivers and only 1% of waivers are accepted. I hope cut-off number for Iran becomes like the rest of Asia in the following months.
What would be the rationale for them to spend extra time examining one country out of the what, nearly 200 in DV? Why does Iran merit special treatment to get analysis that no-one else does (as Simon already said, you seem to have missed the point of the ban)?
More to the point, why is everyone entering when they know they can’t get visas?
You are really not thinking things through by saying they should change cutoffs despite the large number of Iranian selectees. They still have to have manpower to interview all these people even though almost none of them will get a visa. Do you expect the embassies that interview Iranians to hire extra staff to have the capacity to interview people that you say will only result in a handful of visas anyway? Or do you think everyone in Asia should slow down so that more unsuccessful Iranians can interview?

Dear Simon,
You once said that when they call people for interviews they pre-allocate them that number of visas and when people cannot get their visas soon after interview or they have to undergo Administrative Processing (AP) the visas are returned and therefore they can call more people from that country for interviews. Why don't we see this in case of Iran? I expected to see this reflected in February visa bulletin. As I said before it seems they only take into account density of case numbers of selectees for each country.

Again. Travel Ban.

Hey guys. I submitted my documents to KCCDVDocuments@state.gov in November 2019 but i did not include the leading zeros in my Case Number both in the subject of the email and also the attached documents i.e. I did 2020AF6xxxx instead of 2020AF0006xxxx. After submitting I received a email confirmation that my documents had been received and that i would receive feedback in 4 to 6 weeks.

1. Will there be a problem and do I need to resubmit the documents and include the leading zeros in my CN?
2. Based on my CN, When is my CN likely to be current?

Thank you guys.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I submitted my documents to KCCDVDocuments@state.gov in November 2019 but i did not include the leading zeros in my Case Number both in the subject of the email and also the attached documents i.e. I did 2020AF6xxxx instead of 2020AF0006xxxx. After submitting I received a email confirmation that my documents had been received and that i would receive feedback in 4 to 6 weeks.

1. Will there be a problem and do I need to resubmit the documents and include the leading zeros in my CN?
2. Based on my CN, When is my CN likely to be current?

Thank you guys.
I wonder why you omitted the leading zeros. KCC's msg was very clear on how to name the docs. Anyway, If it were me, I'd send another email with the docs properly named. People have been requested to resend the docs more than once. So I don't think there will be any issue sending another.

I wonder why you omitted the leading zeros. KCC's msg was very clear on how to name the docs. Anyway, If it were me, I'd send another email with the docs properly named. People have been requested to resend the docs more than once. So I don't think there will be any issue sending another.
Thanks.
While resubmitting I wonder whether I should use three names while saving the docs, because in their example they use only two names