• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

After more than 6 weeks waiting finally sent email to KCC, this is short reply:
Documents are processed in numerical order, based on lottery rank number. Once KCC has processed your documents, we will let you know if anything is missing or if we have received everything needed.
I’m EU35k btw...
They say it takes 3-6 weeks to review the documents but at the same time they go by numbers which confusing since high numbers will not get updates about their documents in 6 weeks. I'm still waiting as well and didn't get any updates but I'm still within 3-6 weeks range

Still I didn't receive reply from KCC. I have submitted my document in Oct 20.
I sent email and asked about my status, then they send me

"
Thank you for your inquiry.

After sending documents to KCCDVDocuments@state.gov, you will receive an automatic reply to your email. If there are no attachments, the auto reply explains there are no documents attached to the email. If there are attachments, the auto reply explains we received your email and are currently processing your documents. Please allow time for processing of your documents. Documents are processed in numerical order, based on lottery rank number. Once KCC has processed your documents, we will let you know if anything is missing or if we have received everything needed.
bla bla bla ............................
"

Is anyone receive email whose CN is AS11xxx???
My CN - AS11xxx

"

After sending documents to KCCDVDocuments@state.gov, you will receive an automatic reply to your email. If there are no attachments, the auto reply explains there are no documents attached to the email. If there are attachments, the auto reply explains we received your email and are currently processing your documents. Please allow time for processing of your documents. Documents are processed in numerical order, based on lottery rank number. Once KCC has processed your documents, we will let you know if anything is missing or if we have received everything needed.
"

My CN - AS11xxx

I think you have to wait a bit if they replied like that just give them sometime. I bet your case will be current in February, so you can get appointment for February but most probably for March

"

"

My CN - AS11xxx
Like every one is saying, Reply will come, I sent my documents on 2nd December and Reply with the subject received came on 13th . Like they are saying just wait 2020AF20XXX-- Below is the Copy
"
Congratulations! Our records indicate that you have submitted all required documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center and are ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.
Interviews for the DV 2020 program will begin in October 2019 and conclude on September 30, 2020. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email listed on your DS-260 to check http://www.dvlottery.state.gov."

Like every one is saying, Reply will come, I sent my documents on 2nd December and Reply with the subject received came on 13th . Like they are saying just wait 2020AF20XXX-- Below is the Copy
"
Congratulations! Our records indicate that you have submitted all required documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center and are ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing.
Interviews for the DV 2020 program will begin in October 2019 and conclude on September 30, 2020. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via email listed on your DS-260 to check http://www.dvlottery.state.gov."
I sent my documents on 7th of November . I received the auto reply that they received my documents and I have to wait for 3-6 weeks . Since then I haven't heard anything from KCC . Maybe they really proceed it according to case numbers , I'm AF56xxx

Last edited:
I sent my documents bon 7th of November . I received the auto reply that they received my documents and I have to wait for 3-6 weeks . Since then I haven't heard anything from KCC . Maybe they really proceed it according to case numbers , I'm AF56xxx

There is nothing to worry. You still have time

I called KCC about 6 weeks after I sent my docs and he said they were recieved but they won't start processing them until my CN is about to be current... So it's all normal, nothing to worry about

Reactions: WBA
I sent my documents on 7th of November . I received the auto reply that they received my documents and I have to wait for 3-6 weeks . Since then I haven't heard anything from KCC . Maybe they really proceed it according to case numbers , I'm AF56xxx
I sent my docs on Nov 22nd and still did't hear anything from KCC and mu number is AF33XXX so there is no need to worry as they go by CN

I sent my docs on Nov 22nd and still did't hear anything from KCC and mu number is AF33XXX so there is no need to worry as they go by CN
I not worry about it as my CN is high and I learn that they send the confirmation email numerically . So it's okey for now , I will wait for some weeks or a couple of months and see what happens .

I called KCC about 6 weeks after I sent my docs and he said they were recieved but they won't start processing them until my CN is about to be current... So it's all normal, nothing to worry about
I thought that the idea of early doc request is to have them reviewed early and not have surprises before the number becomes current.

I thought that the idea of early doc request is to have them reviewed early and not have surprises before the number becomes current.
That’s part of it, but I think a main reason is to ensure people are serious about following their selection. Before they did this, they would schedule just based on who they received DS forms from, and there were still a large amount of no-shows. Taking the trouble to submit docs doesn’t guarantee someone will arrive at interview, but will make it more likely.

That’s part of it, but I think a main reason is to ensure people are serious about following their selection. Before they did this, they would schedule just based on who they received DS forms from, and there were still a large amount of no-shows. Taking the trouble to submit docs doesn’t guarantee someone will arrive at interview, but will make it more likely.
Does that mean more will show and more visas will be issued for low CNs and high CNs may not have a chance?

Are there any other risks? Like time. Can higher CN number be scheduled before a lower CN? If not, is that means that there maybe visas for the higher CNs but there is not enough time to go for interview since the lower has to go first? You know what I mean?

that doesn't sounds good. Why they don't select 50k winners and make sure everyone who shows up will have a visa?
Because then they may only end up issuing 25k visas. This is the entire reason they select more, because not all selectees pursue, and not all qualify.

Are there any other risks? Like time. Can higher CN number be scheduled before a lower CN? If not, is that means that there maybe visas for the higher CNs but there is not enough time to go for interview since the lower has to go first? You know what I mean?
Then they just go through lower numbers faster, there is no predetermined case number per month - they aim to issue a certain number of visas per month to reach the 50k by year end - so they base it on how fast they are processing /who is or isn’t following their cases. If not enough lower case numbers are following up they just accelerate the case number progression.