• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Will Be Soon!!!!!!!

In South America where we are grouped the chances seem to be much lower

Yeah, apparently the chances in 2014 for my island was 0.002% chance of winning lol. Like that is so much bullshit as compared to Africa and Europe that have lots winners every year.

Didn't win again this year, for the 14th time in a row. Played since 2004 haha. Hey, maybe next year. ;) Good luck to everyone and congrats to the winners! See you next year. ;)

Yeah, apparently the chances in 2014 for my island was 0.002% chance of winning lol. Like that is so much bullshit as compared to Africa and Europe that have lots winners every year.

That's nonsense. The chance is the same across the region.

Here is letter of notification from my aunt .
And I got one more friend that I registered for him and won dv2017 but failed the medical test and lost his chance . Right now he won again dv2019 one more time with case number 2019as000043## . I can’t believe how this guy has this very luck in his life . Won 2 times lottery in 2 times register . Oh my god

Attachments

• B5589506-2AAE-485E-A990-FC963FC1DED1.jpeg
    B5589506-2AAE-485E-A990-FC963FC1DED1.jpeg
    381.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
That's nonsense. The chance is the same across the region.

Couple years ago - 1,667 people applied from my island. Four were selected. I don't even know why I'm even checking this cuz all it is doing is pissing me off.

I will be waiting for the statistics this year to see what the chances were based on my country.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    26 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
And I got one more friend that I registered for him and won dv2017 but failed the medical test and lost his chance . Right now he won again dv2019 one more time with case number 2019as000043## . I can’t believe how this guy has this very luck in his life . Won 2 times lottery in 2 times register . Oh my god

The people you associate with are ridiculously lucky, buy a lottery ticket.

I will be patiently waiting for your statistics for this year's selections and I am betting you that SA has significantly lower numbers than anyone else.

Remember that the distribution of visas is done by regions and I don't think our SA region has the amount of applicants that you see in Africa for example. You also need to remember that is all based on luck and not on skills, experience or education.

I'm in OC and won 2018 with number 12XX, just in case something drastic happened and I didn't get an interview, I applied again for 2019 and won again this time with number 5XX.

Didn't win for 8 years then won twice in a row... Hopefully the 2018 win pans out. Congratulations to everyone who has won.

I'm in OC and won 2018 with number 12XX, just in case something drastic happened and I didn't get an interview, I applied again for 2019 and won again this time with number 5XX.

Didn't win for 8 years then won twice in a row... Hopefully the 2018 win pans out. Congratulations to everyone who has won.

Luck came back and say Hi twice. Congrats once again on the selection and lets hope the one for DV2018 works out.

Congrats to the few who are selected, fingers crossed everything goes smoothly and you will be heading off to new adventures soon ! Am sorry to hear about those that didn't make it this year. Especially those of you who have been trying year after year. I am NOT SELECTED again this year. I thought I would be a bit of a mess as I really wanted this ( haha, like you all are just in it for laughs ! NOT !) but Im just kind of relieved that the wait is over and I can stop dwelling on 'what if'

Wow !! Thats amazing and its shows that it really is just a lottery of chance. Congrats !! how cool to have a back up lol.

Congrats to the few who are selected, fingers crossed everything goes smoothly and you will be heading off to new adventures soon ! Am sorry to hear about those that didn't make it this year. Especially those of you who have been trying year after year. I am NOT SELECTED again this year. I thought I would be a bit of a mess as I really wanted this ( haha, like you all are just in it for laughs ! NOT !) but Im just kind of relieved that the wait is over and I can stop dwelling on 'what if'

Sorry for the bad news @hopefulinnz and lets hope you have better luck in a case a DV 2020 its available.

One person’s bullsh^t is another person’s statistics.
(Hint: what % is the population of your island of all eligible countries?)

What do you mean by “failed the medical “?

I have popped back in here to say I am sorry to see the 'not selected' posts this morning, especially those who have been on here a while (was really hoping for you guys!). Take heart, take a breath and try to pop the experience behind you. There may be next year, there may be other ways (Canada is right next door eh? ;) ). To you @Pierre82 , you have the most amazing attitude :)

And to the wise forum members and moderators a thank you in advance because I know you will now busily be helping all the new folks on their way to their interviews with advice.

All the best

Q