• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Will Be Soon!!!!!!!

Found an example from 2014 https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-visa-program-attracts-11-million-applicants-1415250362
Don't know the source of the numbers.
But you used to be able to find articles with the numbers of entries days to weeks after the entry period ended.

July VB is the only (and earliest) official publication providing total number of applicants as @SusieQQQ stated.
The article that you quote is dated Nov. 6, 2014. It's not a few weeks after the entry period for DV14, it's a year and few weeks afterwards...

@Claus Larsen I got your response by email, I don't why it's missing from here...

I don't know where they got that data from in that case. Numbers for DV16 (those 11.4M they refer to) were officially published here [1] on 05/11/2015

[1] https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ulletin/2015/visa-bulletin-for-june-2015.html

Yes the June/July VBs are usually where we get to see the numbers. The numbers are obviously known, but not usually published, immediately after the registration period. It's likely that someone at USDoS gave that info in an interview - there is nothing secret about it. We have seen some embassies "leak" certain details before they were supposed to - although that is less likely now as most embassy websites are more centrally controlled than in the past.

I really think is important for all people that are entering the DV program to understand that this is in fact a pure lottery.

And I really don't believe that there are "strings" touched and some are getting selecting for a secret reason while the other are getting reject for similar secret ones.

While I am part of this forum, I also review other pages of local communities based on countries and there are a lot of people getting selected at the first time while others are getting the selection in the 5th, 6th, 10th application year or not getting selected at all. And all these people range from those meeting the minimum requirements to really high qualified people with a lot of money on their bank accounts.

So while you are meeting the requirements you have the same exact chances as any other person in the country particularly and in the region or worldwide in general.

People should stop seeing to much conspiracy theory videos as much as tech companies should consider removing such false information from the WWW.

Best of luck to all of you! And as long as the DV program is still ongoing, don't stop believing that you can get selected.

And I really don't believe that there are "strings" touched and some are getting selecting for a secret reason while the other are getting reject for similar secret ones.
Yeah, I was looking forward to this BlueCobra person explaining his "strings being pulled" theory...as the claim was simply that the draw had already taken place (not necessarily that individual people were hand selected!)

People should stop seeing to much conspiracy theory videos as much as tech companies should consider removing such false information from the WWW.
Generally speaking, there is the right to free speech in the US where most of these platform are based - this liberty is slowly but steadily taken away even in many European countries incl. my native Germany, especially if content or comments are not in line with mainstream political agendas. I don't believe in content being removed on the basis of contrary opinions or political ideologies, as what some consider a 'conspiracy theory' today, often turns out to be true, often years later. I am not condoning that particular ex-members vague (and rude) comments, but I don't support your idea either.

While the quotas are based on official sources it's not published which fiscal years the Attorney General (or the Secretary of Homeland Security) uses to plug numbers into INA 203(c). For DV-2019 I presume it will be 2013-2017. The yearbook for fiscal year 2017 hasn't been published yet, so I used the years 2012-2016 instead. The quotas for DV-2019 will change (only) slightly once the yearbook is published.
You have to read the table as percentages. I fear under the current administration the number of available visas will be limited by 50,000. Halving the numbers will give you the visas I expect for your region. For Oceania that is 785 visas.

Last edited:
Fol
Good luck to all of you guys! 7th time for me! Also wanted to let you know that my company is sponsoring me to get an EB-3 so we shall see if that works out :)
As a new member, following the forum indicates to me that first time participants hardly succeed in the lottery, should I have some hope.?

Fol

As a new member, following the forum indicates to me that first time participants hardly succeed in the lottery, should I have some hope.?
It’s a lottery, most people don’t succeed... doesn’t matter if first time or fifteenth,chances each year are the same.