• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2019 Selectee from Tanzania

Uuh! That's quite a process. I wonder what would it take for those of us who had to switch to the other fund.
So, I'm in that boat too. Except my employer had been dodging/dragging things until now. I might get lucky and psssf will give me the money. Or they will tell me the money has been moved to nssf and I'll have to deal with them.
All I can say is that it's been a very stressful three weeks and I'm still unable to submit the request. I can't wait to be done with pensions and employer, tbqh.

So, I'm in that boat too. Except my employer had been dodging/dragging things until now. I might get lucky and psssf will give me the money. Or they will tell me the money has been moved to nssf and I'll have to deal with them.
All I can say is that it's been a very stressful three weeks and I'm still unable to submit the request. I can't wait to be done with pensions and employer, tbqh.
Duu! I can only imagine how stressful the whole process is. I hope PSSSF won't send the money to NSSF any time soon. I talked to one of their guys, said it's going to take a while till the two funds settle everything down. So I believe, you'll get the money.

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been getting such mixed information that I don't even know whom to trust. But I'll come back if need be to deal with this after activation.

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been getting such mixed information that I don't even know whom to trust. But I'll come back if need be to deal with this after activation.
Yes. I think you should do that, as this other process might take quite some time to complete as you've pointed out. So it's better to secure "a bird in the hand" first, then deal with other things later.

Yeah, my experience in govt offices is pretty much everything is slow and the process cumbersome. Except for immigration. That was the quickest I've got anything done in TZ.

Yeah, my experience in govt offices is pretty much everything is slow and the process cumbersome. Except for immigration. That was the quickest I've got anything done in TZ.
Yes, you're very right. The immigration department is doing very well at moment.

So pension withdrawal. I think I heard someone say it can take 2 to 6 months to get your money.
I'm with PSSSF and they want lots of documents and everything has to stamped or certified. In the attached photo, it shows what they want as attachment to the form, plus your passport copy.
I'm still waiting on some documents :rolleyes:
The last item in the list "resignation permit" doesn't make sense. I hope it's supposed to "resident permit".

Finally, all my pension stuff is submitted. Now I'm hoping my employer does their part and I'll have the funds in 60-90 days (according to psssf). Phew!

Tomorrow is last day at work! :eek:

Finally, all my pension stuff is submitted. Now I'm hoping my employer does their part and I'll have the funds in 60-90 days (according to psssf). Phew!

Tomorrow is last day at work! :eek:
That's great. The employer should definitely do their part, do an every-now-and-then reminder might help to speed up the process.
You'll soon be talking about the first day at work in the US :cool::cool:

Jamani enhee I read that in DV 2021the US department state has increased one regulation which we will meet during submission of our application, that every applicant must have a passport during application process ( The system will ask for passport serial number ), For me I think this is good as matter of fact will help to reduce the number of applicants so as to affect the competition.

Yes, sounds like that will happen. I don't know if it's a good thing since there are lots of TZ people who would only get a passport if they were expecting to travel in the near future. So it would reduce TZ selectees even more. But hopefully it will reduce fraudulent applications and so increase the chances of selection of those who do apply.

Reactions: YTM
Let's getting in, having a passport is a good thing

Yes, sounds like that will happen. I don't know if it's a good thing since there are lots of TZ people who would only get a passport if they were expecting to travel in the near future. So it would reduce TZ selectees even more. But hopefully it will reduce fraudulent applications and so increase the chances of selection of those who do apply.

The advice to travel to the USA a little before your visa expires is on point. Please take heed. Case in point, I'm traveling to the US soon and was going to stop over in the UK for a few days. Well, my flights have been affected by industrial action going on with British airways. I have plenty of time, I'll be rebooked, and I'm still stressed out. I can't imagine doing this close to my visa expiry date. Don't do that to yourself.

Reactions: YTM
The advice to travel to the USA a little before your visa expires is on point. Please take heed. Case in point, I'm traveling to the US soon and was going to stop over in the UK for a few days. Well, my flights have been affected by industrial action going on with British airways. I have plenty of time, I'll be rebooked, and I'm still stressed out. I can't imagine doing this close to my visa expiry date. Don't do that to yourself.

Indeed. We were OK on our activation flight, but we were traveling twice around some hectic weather: once when a blizzard in NYC happened in the same week as some really bad Western European weather (doubling the effect on people traveling via Europe to the US, as many from Africa do) and one around Hurricane Sandy. For both those instances, I heard of people (as in people I met or knew, real stories) whose journeys ended up being delayed by over a week. Even if usual weather isn't bad, as above strike action or the odd Icelandic volcanic eruption can wreak havoc too.

Yes! Better safe than sorry. As luck would have it, I was flying to the USA around the time of the Iceland volcano eruption, too. Guess I'm just lucky that way! :D

Traveled today to the USA. Almost didn't make my connection at Amsterdam. I flew into Minneapolis airport and the process was pretty simple.
The officer opened the envelope and read through and verified address and education. He took phone number. Then he stamped my passport, explained that it was my temporary green card and that I should get the card in 3-6 months. Welcomed and wished me good luck!

Traveled today to the USA. Almost didn't make my connection at Amsterdam. I flew into Minneapolis airport and the process was pretty simple.
The officer opened the envelope and read through and verified address and education. He took phone number. Then he stamped my passport, explained that it was my temporary green card and that I should get the card in 3-6 months. Welcomed and wished me good luck!

Welcome to the US! They seem very conservative with arrival estimates at the border - we also got told 3-6 months, but it's usually actually 1-2.
So... are you going to be based in MN for the time being? (What I'm really asking is: are you prepared for the winter ;-) )

Welcome to the US! They seem very conservative with arrival estimates at the border - we also got told 3-6 months, but it's usually actually 1-2.
So... are you going to be based in MN for the time being? (What I'm really asking is: are you prepared for the winter ;-) )

Haha! I'm here for about a month, longer if I get a job. If not, I'm thinking research triangle in NC.
As for the winter, I've have lived in MN before. Though how prepared can a person be traveling here from the tropical climes? :D