• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2019 Selectee from Tanzania

Hello! Here is my interview experience.

1 NL: Early June 2018
2 NL: April 18 2019
Case number: 2019AF28xxx
Embassy: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Country of Chargeability: Tanzania
Medical date: April 30, 2019
Interview date: May 30, 2019
Time: 10:00 am
Packet pick up: Tues June 4, 2019

My 2NL interview date was June 6, 2019 at 8.30am. I was called on Weds May 29, 2019 around 4.30pm to move interview day to the next day, May 30 at 10am.
Got to embassy at around 9.45am and went through security. No phones or electronics of any kind are allowed on embassy property. No bags larger than 10x10 inches.
Walked into the consular section, through the secondary security check, and went to window 1 to hand over documents they asked for. The woman collecting documents forgot to ask for my high school certificate which I asked her if they wanted. She didn't ask for financial information either. I figured I'll give it to CO, if asked.

Documents she DID ask for:
Birth certificate original + copy
Passport + biodata page copy
Medical report
2 passport photos
Police certificate original – the newer one. They didn’t take the older one.
Letter from current employer (I didn’t know about this. Luckily, I had prepared a work experience case, as well, so I had my current employment contract).
High school certificates + copies – O- and A-level.

She asked me to go to window 4 to pay $330 fee for the interview.
Paid in cash and got a receipt. Then sat and waited. The interviews are conducted in open where everyone can hear you.
At around 11.30am, I was called to window 2– with the CO whom I heard reject a visitor visa earlier and then interview an immigrant applicant for 40 min!

Interview:
Took fingerprints for both hands.
Swore to tell the truth.
Questions asked:
Are you single?
Any children?
So, you've lived in the US for a while for school and work?
Where did you go to school?
So, you haven’t provided me with any of those certificates. *Laughing* All I'm seeing is Ds in bookkeeping.
*Here I mentioned that I had all my certificates.*
Why don't you show me the xxx?
Do you have a job lined up?
You used to work at XXX?
When did you come back?
Have you ever been out of status?
Two health related questions.
How did you know about this lottery program? Very few Tanzanians apply for it.

Then he handed over the green collection card and told me to come back on Tuesday to pick up the passport since Weds was probably going to be Eid.

I don’t think the whole conversation took more than 10 min, if that.

I was never asked to show any financial documents of any kind although I had bank statements, as well as I-134. They didn’t ask for DS260 confirmation or the 2NL. CO had returned the employer letter saying he didn’t need that. I don’t know why the CO didn’t ask for any of the other documents either.

Thanks to Simon’s advice, I had overprepared and was ready for pretty much every type of document they could ask for. I can’t stress that enough that you should have everything you can think of with you, just in case.

My 2NL interview date was June 6, 2019 at 8.30am. I was called on Weds May 29, 2019 around 4.30pm to move interview day to the next day, May 30 at 10am.
Got to embassy at around 9.45am and went through security. No phones or electronics of any kind are allowed on embassy property. No bags larger than 10x10 inches.
Walked into the consular section, through the secondary security check, and went to window 1 to hand over documents they asked for. The woman collecting documents forgot to ask for my high school certificate which I asked her if they wanted. She didn't ask for financial information either. I figured I'll give it to CO, if asked.

Medical report
2 passport photos
Letter from current employer (I didn’t know about this. Luckily, I had prepared a work experience case, as well, so I had my current employment contract).

Paid in cash and got a receipt. Then sat and waited. The interviews are conducted in open where everyone can hear you.
At around 11.30am, I was called to window 2– with the CO whom I heard reject a visitor visa earlier and then interview an immigrant applicant for 40 min!

Interview:
Swore to tell the truth.
Questions asked:
Are you single?
Any children?
So, you haven’t provided me with any of those certificates. *Laughing* All I'm seeing is Ds in bookkeeping.
You used to work at XXX?
When did you come back?

Then he handed over the green collection card and told me to come back on Tuesday to pick up the passport since Weds was probably going to be Eid.

I was never asked to show any financial documents of any kind although I had bank statements, as well as I-134. They didn’t ask for DS260 confirmation or the 2NL. CO had returned the employer letter saying he didn’t need that. I don’t know why the CO didn’t ask for any of the other documents either.

Thanks to Simon’s advice, I had overprepared and was ready for pretty much every type of document they could ask for. I can’t stress that enough that you should have everything you can think of with you, just in case.
Good Job,Buddy.

So, I was wrong. The $660 covers all tests and jabs you may need. I needed only one so I ended up paying less. Extra costs come in if you need additional tests such as TB sputum tests, etc.

Also FYI, if you've not had chicken pox, you need to get the shot. Apparently, they're requiring it.

Oh, and for x-ray they'll send you to Agakhan but they will take you pretty quickly since you're a referral. Then you have to go back to Premier. I think I spent a total of 3 hours, give or take, including getting to and from Agakhan from Namanga.
Thank you for sharing your experience, so did you send the scanned certificates before the interview? Or gave photocopy of certificates at the embassy? And what is NL lol forgive me am new‍♂️,

So, I was wrong. The $660 covers all tests and jabs you may need. I needed only one so I ended up paying less. Extra costs come in if you need additional tests such as TB sputum tests, etc.

Also FYI, if you've not had chicken pox, you need to get the shot. Apparently, they're requiring it.

Oh, and for x-ray they'll send you to Agakhan but they will take you pretty quickly since you're a referral. Then you have to go back to Premier. I think I spent a total of 3 hours, give or take, including getting to and from Agakhan from Namanga.
What are the mandatory tests?

Thank you for sharing your experience, so did you send the scanned certificates before the interview? Or gave photocopy of certificates at the embassy? And what is NL lol forgive me am new‍♂️,
Yes, the KCC will contact you to send them scanned copies of certain documents and you have to take them together with other documents to the interview.
Yaani kila document kiwe na copy chake, just in case.

Glory, what is your CN? If it is high, you have a lot of time to wait. I would read about the process here and at britsimonsays.com so you know what to expect and start getting everything ready.

Glory, what is your CN? If it is high, you have a lot of time to wait. I would read about the process here and at britsimonsays.com so you know what to expect and start getting everything ready.
Thank you my CN is AF44xxx so am here learning until then, whats the best time to send the forms,

In the next couple months, they will announce how many people have been selected. Based on that, the experts in this forum can let you know about how early you should submit.

Medical report
2 passport photos

Interview:
Swore to tell the truth.
Questions asked:
Are you single?
Any children?
You used to work at XXX?
When did you come back?

All the best lad.. congratulate