• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Kenyan Selectees

Hello ,
Kindly help me understand. I have the appointment letter interview in 30 days 2019AF00014XXX. Do i have to wait for embassy to direct me to knec for certificate verification or I just go ahead (must it be verified) ?
Also i will like to know whether there is any WhatApp group for 2019 selectees

Hi Bitty,
From the previous posts I think you should do it asap to give KNEC time to forward the same to the embassy.

Also selected for dv 2019 CN 94xx

Now may main issue is the knec certificate .

All my legal documents including id,passport etc have two names

John doe

while kcse certificate has 3

John doe paul

Am heading to KNEC to see what assistance they will offer but wanted to hear past experiences on where names didn't match.

Thanks
I had the same worry during my time.
Some docs had 2 while the ID's and the rest had 3.
What i did?Obtained an affidavit to back that up.Everything was fine.

Last edited:
Hey members my wife has been selected for further processing
here is the case number 2020Axxxxx what are our chances?

I had the same worry during my time.
Some docs had 2 while the ID's and the rest had 3.
What i did?Obtained an affidavit to back that up.Everything was fine.

It never even came up during the interview ,i did not have an affidavit either but on the ds 260 i had listed the additional name on the other names used section

Yes, it's a requirement for KNEC to send verified results for all Principal applicants directly to the embassy.
I recently got my 2nl for an interview in the first week of August and I would like to know what the procedure was for sending verified knec results.

Also, do I need to give knec my case number when asking knec to verify the results?

I recently got my 2nl for an interview in the first week of August and I would like to know what the procedure was for sending verified knec results.

Also, do I need to give knec my case number when asking knec to verify the results?

Do it ASAP by visiting mtihani house in South c with a copy of your form 4 KCSE certificate they will avail you all the details on how to go about it
Have 2320Ksh ready you will finish the process in a day and yes they do ask for the case No to be filled on the form

Follow up after 10 days and confirm they have sent the statement to the embassy

Do it ASAP by visiting mtihani house in South c with a copy of your form 4 KCSE certificate they will avail you all the details on how to go about it
Have 2320Ksh ready you will finish the process in a day and yes they do ask for the case No to be filled on the form

Follow up after 10 days and confirm they have sent the statement to the embassy
Thank you

Hi
What's the current medical costs for those who recently had it at IOM Kenya
What's the cost per adult and per child
Thanks. This will help in my budgeting
Be blessed all and 2019ers, I pray you all get Visas

Hello DV2019 selectees. Has everyone already done their visa interviews? It has been pretty quiet here.

This is a 2019 DV selectee from Kenya. Doing a copy and paste from Simon's interview experiences blog
Dee
June 10, 2019 at 3:16 pm
Hi brit, this is my interview experience
Case no. 201917515,
embassy nairobi kenya
I checked if i had won in may 18 in june i submitted my ds260. In November i recieved mail telling me to send documents which i did immediately i didn’t want to miss this opportunity whatsoever.
2Nl came in march. My interview date was on
11th april.
My son and i arrived at the embassy at around 6:45 already there was a queue my son 2 yrs refused to stand so i had to carry him. Being so heavy i couldn’t manage to stand for long so i went and talked with the security and they allowed me to go in front of the line.
We were checked and we went in. I was asked to produce my 1nl and passport which i did for my son.
We were allowed to enter and we went and picked a no. And sat down but my son being so playful we didn’t do much sitting he was up and down.
My no. Came up and we went to the first window met a black lady was so nice and kind at that time levi was untamed i had to tell the lady to please be patient with me. She laughed and said i understand you completely.
I gave her what she asked for that is passports affidavit of support plus letter from my host, 2nl birth certs, two pics each consent letter from levis dad. She asked if i was married and how many kids to i hv. Then told me to pay at the cashier and wait for my main interview.
I went and paid and went outside to wait. At this point levi was out of control at one point i let him run where he wanted becoz i was so tired and frustrated. He had taken his shoes off and wore mine so i was bare foot the entire time. On the bright side he was really charming to people and being guffy and playful he really entertained people.
My no. Was called and since it caught me by surprise coz i had just sitted like 20 minutes ago didnt expect it. I ran and scooped my son and rushed inside to the interview window. I was panting and my shoes on my hand i dnt think i even said halo to the lady on the other side of the window.
I was panting and levi was now charming the lady. I once again told her to be patient with us which she smiled and said no problem. I put my hand on the machine and the interview started.
(i dnt rem me swearing) but nway
She asked:who is your host
Me. My brother
Her:where does he stay. Does your brother have a family?
Me. Yes wife two kids
Her:what does he do
Me. Military
Her:is this the only child you have
Me. Yes
Okay all the time she was busy with the computer not once did she look at us. I was like what kind of interview is thisnway she said everything looks okay am approving your visa she gave me a green paper and told me to wait for our visa in couple of days.
Silly me i asked is that all. Hahaha she laughed and said yes we left not sure if i should cry or laugh i was just there lol.
Nway within 3 days i recieved my visa
Ps:Mr simon i can’t thank you enough for what you have done for me and my boy i came your blog when i was just researching on the net about dv lottery. I believe i wa meant to find your blog. I used to read questions daily and the interview experiences was all in my fingertips lol nway i was really prepared got everything ready didn’t wnt to forget any small detail. I think at some point i became opposed nway its over now we moving end of june. Best of luck to the remaining people and success to the dv 2020.
Dv lottery has taught me to be patient and to be ready. I thank God for this opportunity and a second chance in life.
1f618.svg
Brit may God bless you and your family always.

Sarah
US Embassy Nairobi
Case no : AF11xxx
Interview date: 18th/March
Arrived at 7:00am
Security check
Paid $990 (for 3 of us) local currency is also accepted though the embassy exchange rate is abit higher.
Required documents:
* Police certificates
* A level certificate for principal and a copy
* Birth certificates and copies
* Passports and copies
* 5×5 photos
* Marriage (customary)certificate and copy.
Finger prints taken and then wait for the interview.
We were the last dv applicants to be interviewed that day at around 12:35.
Co: adults swear to tell the truth
Us: we swear
Co: who won?
Me: me.
Co: when did you finish high school?
Me: xxxx
Co: when did you graduate from university?
Me: xxx
Co: what’s your relationship with the sponsor?
Me: friends with my husband.
Co: what’s the relationship.
Husband: friends.
Co: what does she do?
Husb: xxxx.
Co: when was the last time you met her?
Husb: 2017
Daughter: mummy I want to susu(short core)
Me: please wait.
Daughter: mummy please let’s go.
Co: please take her your visas have been approved. Let me finish with your husband.
After like 5mins husband finds us with papers on how to pay for the green card with our A numbers.
19th ceac status changes to issued
20th we picked our packages from dhl village market.
Thanks Brit for your guidance.
It was worth the wait.

Nick44
April 2, 2019 at 2:35 pm
Here is my interview experience:
Good preparation is key and have good confidence. I over prepared and they had to return back some documents
Case number: 2019AF00018xxx
Embassy: Nairobi, Kenya
Country of Chargeability: Kenya
Interview date: 1st April, 2019
Time: 7:00 AM
I arrived at the Embassy 6.30 am and had to go through the security check before entering the main building where you give out your appointment letter and passport then given a ticket number and asked to wait outside.
The number is called then you give out the passport,2 identical passport photos, police clearance certificate,birth certificate and copy and original high school and copy, affidavit of support and your sponsors tax transcripts which can be found here https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
Some questions are then asked
Are you married , do you have children , have you lived outside the country have you applied for an immigrant visa before. I answered No to all of them.
Fingerprints are then taken and an invoice issued to pay the visa fee .Once you pay you have to wait outside for 1 to 3 hours before your number is called out again this time to face the Consular
Co: Good morning
Me:Morning to you
Co:Raise your right hand and swear xxx
me: xxx
Co:Which year did you finish high school
Me:xxxx
Co :Did you go to college
Me :xxxx
Co: When did you finish sudying
Me:xxxxx
Co: What was your course of study?
me: xxxx
Co:do you have children
Co :Whats the name your sponsor
Me :xxxxxx
Co: Whats your relationship
Me :xxxxxx
Co: What your sponsors occupation
Me: xxxxxxx
Co: Where does he live?
Co: How many kids does he have
Me : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxc
Co: Peruses the tax transcripts and circles some figures
Co : Looks likes everything is in order I hereby approve your visa, I will remain with your passport
Co: Returns my original certs
Co: Have you registered for dhl
Me: Yes
Co: Hands me a document on how to pay the immigration fee
Co: Ok we are done.
Me:Thank you, have a good day.
I was in at 9:30 and out by 9:33
Ceac update indicated ready on the day of the interview then issued the following morning which is today and I am hoping to receive an email from dhl that they have received my packet.

@yesca this Dv2019 selectee is close to yours.