• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 Kenyan Selectees

Nick44
April 2, 2019 at 2:35 pm
Here is my interview experience:
Good preparation is key and have good confidence. I over prepared and they had to return back some documents
Case number: 2019AF00018xxx
Embassy: Nairobi, Kenya
Country of Chargeability: Kenya
Interview date: 1st April, 2019
Time: 7:00 AM
I arrived at the Embassy 6.30 am and had to go through the security check before entering the main building where you give out your appointment letter and passport then given a ticket number and asked to wait outside.
The number is called then you give out the passport,2 identical passport photos, police clearance certificate,birth certificate and copy and original high school and copy, affidavit of support and your sponsors tax transcripts which can be found here https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
Some questions are then asked
Are you married , do you have children , have you lived outside the country have you applied for an immigrant visa before. I answered No to all of them.
Fingerprints are then taken and an invoice issued to pay the visa fee .Once you pay you have to wait outside for 1 to 3 hours before your number is called out again this time to face the Consular
Co: Good morning
Me:Morning to you
Co:Raise your right hand and swear xxx
me: xxx
Co:Which year did you finish high school
Me:xxxx
Co :Did you go to college
Me :xxxx
Co: When did you finish sudying
Me:xxxxx
Co: What was your course of study?
me: xxxx
Co:do you have children
Co :Whats the name your sponsor
Me :xxxxxx
Co: Whats your relationship
Me :xxxxxx
Co: What your sponsors occupation
Me: xxxxxxx
Co: Where does he live?
Co: How many kids does he have
Me : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxc
Co: Peruses the tax transcripts and circles some figures
Co : Looks likes everything is in order I hereby approve your visa, I will remain with your passport
Co: Returns my original certs
Co: Have you registered for dhl
Me: Yes
Co: Hands me a document on how to pay the immigration fee
Co: Ok we are done.
Me:Thank you, have a good day.
I was in at 9:30 and out by 9:33
Ceac update indicated ready on the day of the interview then issued the following morning which is today and I am hoping to receive an email from dhl that they have received my packet.

@yesca this Dv2019 selectee is close to yours.
@Jean90 , this year will be different. @yesca might go for his interview much earlier due to low density of case numbers. Probably around January

Hahahahaha did you just say "....by the elder very mean group?"

I think my favorite group was DV 2015 Kenya.

I really wish they'd "come out come come out wherever they are"
The 2020 group which is barely 3 months old has more interactions/ messages than them and they're around 15 months old
Its always said, 'help and be helped'
But I guess they like their privacy. I still wish them luck and sorry for those who missed to have their interviews scheduled due to ignorance (Information is Power)

The 2020 group which is barely 3 months old has more interactions/ messages than them and they're around 15 months old
Its always said, 'help and be helped'
But I guess they like their privacy. I still wish them luck and sorry for those who missed to have their interviews scheduled due to ignorance (Information is Power)

You are just wise @FRAN 2020AF30XXX Privacy can really kill a lot of things. Sad part is, that information that is power, is Free. Ignorance is truly an expensive vice. Sometimes curiosity does not always kill the cat.

Like now I am curious to know what happened to

Zeenat
January 19, 2019 at 1:12 am
Hi btit
Am from kenya case # 2019af7681
I had a baby after submiting d260 form and before adding my newborn my interview got sceduled…how can i add my baby?

I got her comment from Simon's blog. I've seen this issue alone get people a visa denial if not well taken care of. My prayer is it worked out for her.

I am also curious to know how Kilo's interview went.

Kilo
February 18, 2019 at 7:29 pm
Hello Brit,
I submitted further dv documents, derivatives included. As per my country’s immigration policy, everyone is to upgrade to new generation digital passport. I am yet to upgrade my passport to digital one though I have already submitted the old generation passport with other documents as per kcc requirent since thats the passport number I captured in ds260 at the time of submission mid last year. Now, must I send the new generation passport bio data page to kcc once its out or taking both to interview will serve the purpose?

Considering I have someone who asked me the same question. I wonder if he or she unlocked the form to input new passporr information or as advised by Simon, just go in with the new and old passport.

I know. They really helped each other. Including going to see off other forum members off at the airport
Yesss. It was quite a sight(well the narration helped with the visual imagination). Oooh and the faith and prayers. Like what seemed even impossible from what some people were telling them here, then they'd help each other out and booom, visa approved. That was some solidarity right there.

Hi guys, how do I pay the 220dollars from Kenya if I don't have a Us Account?

You can pay with a credit card or debit card number (USCIS accepts Visa, MasterCard). I have seen others told they can pay once they get into US.

Please share your interview experience. I assume you are a DV 2019 selectee. Congratulations.

Hi guys, any 2019 interviewee willing to share contact information with me for a few inquiries please respond to this. My interview is upcoming and I'd like to contact someone who's recently been interviewed. Thanks.

We wish all of you 2019ers the very best in your new life and hope this last day brings happiness to all who have interviews today
For those who have travelled, hope you've settled well; and which is the most cost effective airline to use?
Be blessed all
I Have been here for 6 months now already have a job,car making final preparations to move out housing is expensive here unless you find a roommate.I did nothing for the first 3 weeks but once the SSN arrived then followed by the greencard things started to move i opened a bank account and most importantly got a job.
Your host is critical to adjusting your life here from finding a job booking driving exams,opening bank accounts etc alot of movement happens in that first month you may need somebody to guide you no matter your background
As for the airline i used qatar was around 80K

I was curious to meet my fellow 2019 selectees the first time was on this forum though not that active like the 2020 one .As for meeting them physically it happened during my medical there was a lady from molo,a family of four from kisii a quite young guy who had CN close to mine we were around 10 there was also a lady from burundi and another one from uganda I never got to found out if their visas were approved .

I also joined a whatsapp group for 2019 which clearly from the information they were sharing they had no idea on the happenings pertaining with the Dv lottery.

Where i work now i have met kenyans who came here through this program have also met one who was very active in this forum.

The randomness of the dv lottery selection process is what i guess makes each year unique reason this forum (2019 kenyan selectees) was not that active

I Have been here for 6 months now already have a job,car making final preparations to move out housing is expensive here unless you find a roommate.I did nothing for the first 3 weeks but once the SSN arrived then followed by the greencard things started to move i opened a bank account and most importantly got a job.
Your host is critical to adjusting your life here from finding a job booking driving exams,opening bank accounts etc alot of movement happens in that first month you may need somebody to guide you no matter your background
As for the airline i used qatar was around 80K
Congratulations and great that you've settled well
Yes, I also heard your host plays a big role on the initial phase of your life and quality of your start
Great, I've been checking online and it seems Qatar is really the fairest
Thanks a bunch

I was curious to meet my fellow 2019 selectees the first time was on this forum though not that active like the 2020 one .As for meeting them physically it happened during my medical there was a lady from molo,a family of four from kisii a quite young guy who had CN close to mine we were around 10 there was also a lady from burundi and another one from uganda I never got to found out if their visas were approved .

I also joined a whatsapp group for 2019 which clearly from the information they were sharing they had no idea on the happenings pertaining with the Dv lottery.

Where i work now i have met kenyans who came here through this program have also met one who was very active in this forum.

The randomness of the dv lottery selection process is what i guess makes each year unique reason this forum (2019 kenyan selectees) was not that active
Always good to find fellow friendly faces around you, helps with the feel good feeling and happy that you got a good host and met some of the 254 community

On good sources of information, after doing a thorough research, I still guess this is the best forum and BritSimons blog is the best library you can find for DV Lottery advise

Thanks for sharing your valuable experience and for the advice too