• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Yes I did. The second one was a totally new petition.
Wow, I’m really glad it worked out, your GC is officially among the most expensive ones on this forum , but it was still worth it! Kudos for persevering. I asked this question because some forum members asked a few months back what to resubmit and what not to resubmit in the case one needs to file a second application. Congrats again

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))
right. Aside from the money I spent for consulting with a few attorneys!!!
Exactly!!! Aah maaan, your first interview experience was the most shocking thing I had ever read on this forum. Trust me, one day that a**hole IO from the first interview will find you in a position of power and you’ll treat them well and they’ll be sooo ashamed of how they treated you.

Hello everyone,
My case number is EU29xxx, I submitted my I-485 at the end of July (I could not do it earlier), I received the acceptance text on Aug 5 and the NOA letter on Aug 10. I am asking for your expert advice here: how long would you recommend I patiently wait for the bio and interview letters to arrive given the time constraints? What other steps would you recommend to make sure that my case doesn't get lost in the caos of GV applications? I know that patience is key but I want to make sure I do all I can/should to help my case meet the deadline.
Thank you!

Hello everyone,
My case number is EU29xxx, I submitted my I-485 at the end of July (I could not do it earlier), I received the acceptance text on Aug 5 and the NOA letter on Aug 10. I am asking for your expert advice here: how long would you recommend I patiently wait for the bio and interview letters to arrive given the time constraints? What other steps would you recommend to make sure that my case doesn't get lost in the caos of GV applications? I know that patience is key but I want to make sure I do all I can/should to help my case meet the deadline.
Thank you!

You can call the USCIS 1800 number to find out if your bio letter has been mailed or not.

Hi everyone, unfortunately we were denied(4 people). I see my status online,but still waiting the official letter with a reason for the denial.
Mom, would you please advice...do we still have a chance to go abroad to get interview outside the US (I read the some families were allowed to get interview in Embassy of the Us in Canadia) or it's dot?
Online status shows that letter consist our future options, but re-file the i485 probably no sense,first it's expensive and second it's almost end of the FY.
Anyway thanks for you support and voluntary the necessary info. We appreciate it.

For the benefit of others, could you explain the reason for your denial.

Hi, I have an question.
If a DV applicant is already under Medi-cal , they are not going to be able to renew their green card because of the new rule president trump just announced on 12th??

Hi, I have an question.
If a DV applicant is already under Medi-cal , they are not going to be able to renew their green card because of the new rule president trump just announced on 12th??

The new public charge rule is not targeting GC renewal

Hi Mom,

I have a quick question would like to ask you.

FO: Los Angeles
Region: AS

My biometrics done on 7/31 but still waiting for the interview letter. And I called KCC on 8/8, they told me USCIS hasn’t requested my file yet and they told me that I have to call USCIS to schedule an interview.

1. Is that correct? Or KCC always tells like that?
2. Should I keep waiting for my IL or can I call USCIS and ask them about my case?

Looking forward to your reply and thank you.

Hi Mom,

I have a quick question would like to ask you.

FO: Los Angeles
Region: AS

My biometrics done on 7/31 but still waiting for the interview letter. And I called KCC on 8/8, they told me USCIS hasn’t requested my file yet and they told me that I have to call USCIS to schedule an interview.

1. Is that correct? Or KCC always tells like that?
2. Should I keep waiting for my IL or can I call USCIS and ask them about my case?

Looking forward to your reply and thank you.

1. KCC’s response (which they’ve been giving for a while now) is not correct. You don’t call USCIS to schedule an interview, your FO will do the scheduling on their own.

2. You can call USCIS. You should also take a look at the timeline spreadsheets to get an idea of how long it takes your FO to schedule a DV based AOS interview.

Hi Mom and all,
I have this letter today and I am not sure whether is the official interview letter or for something else. My understanding is the the interview letter comes as I-797, Notice of act. I would appreciate if you could tell if this is a confirmation for the interview or not. Has anybody received a letter of NO followed by this type of letter? Thank you very much.letter_uscis_noname.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, that *is* an invitation letter. Invitation letters are not a notice of action. Each FO has its own template they use.