• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi everyone! Finally got an update on our case, saying that we will be scheduled an interview soon. As we prepare for the interview, I have a question: did anyone else answered "yes" for the "public help" question? We did because the first year we came here we went to a clinic that didn't charge for medical assistance if you were pregnant (I was) and we are not sure if this was "public help" or not (the clinic is private but receives federal funds). I will explain all this to the officer, but was wondering if any other had similar experiences and how it went.
Thanks!
Yay finally. Did you apply for medic aid?

Yay finally. Did you apply for medic aid?

Yes, finally! :) We had something called "All kids", which I think could be medicaid, but only lasted until one month after I gave birth, and I did have another insurance at the time also (forced by the university!). Hopefully, it was too long ago and for a too short period (6 months) for it to be cause of a rejection now, but we want to know other experiences to be prepared. For what I read Medicaid didn't use to be considered ground for public charge, but will be now if the new law is passed. Theoretically, the USCIS website says it can't be applied retroactively, but, again, I want to be prepared

I have been calling approved clinics for quotes on medicals and one clinic said that "unless the Medicals were done a month within the interview they will not be valid and it is a new rule by USCIS". Can someone confirm that please?

I have been calling approved clinics for quotes on medicals and one clinic said that "unless the Medicals were done a month within the interview they will not be valid and it is a new rule by USCIS". Can someone confirm that please?

Did you not include your medical exam with your already submitted AOS package?

Medical exam is deemed valid if received by USCIS within 2 months of when it was signed by the CS.

Yes the medical exam was submitted with AOS package in January since that was the Diversity Visa allocated, however when I submitted an EB3 application in June 2018 that's when I had the medicals done not knowing I will be selected for the DV 2019.

Yes the medical exam was submitted with AOS package in January since that was the Diversity Visa allocated, however when I submitted an EB3 application in June 2018 that's when I had the medicals done not knowing I will be selected for the DV 2019.

I don’t understand your response. When was the medical exam submitted with your DV based AOS package done?

I have signed up for both sites and no update at all so far.
Only this we received your case bla bla.....

Hi --- did you get any news from your request to expedite? There seem to be quite a few of us waiting for the invitation letters still, I'm wondering if the DV 2020 is causing a bit of a delay getting materials from the KCC to the FOs. I don't know, I'm grasping at straws :) All this waiting is driving me crazy :)

Hi --- did you get any news from your request to expedite? There seem to be quite a few of us waiting for the invitation letters still, I'm wondering if the DV 2020 is causing a bit of a delay getting materials from the KCC to the FOs. I don't know, I'm grasping at straws :) All this waiting is driving me crazy :)
I did not do any expedite request. It was someone else.

Hello Dear Mom and Everyone,
I got this mail in the morning from uscis.
I didn’t go to interview but it’s mean they accept my case and are they sending me green car?
There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On June 14, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go toto give us your new mailing address.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at

I didn’t go to interview but it’s mean they accept my case and are they sending me green car?

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

On June 14, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go toto give us your new mailing address.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application. If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at

Hey,

Congratulations, you were accepted without an interview !

Yes it means you got approved without an interview. Congratulations. Which FO is this?

Yes it means you got approved without an interview. Congratulations. Which FO is this?
Thank you Mom
Kendall Miami.
And I would like to say everyone thank you especially to you Mom. You helped me too much. And thanks for every one I’m so happy.
Thanks again

Thank you Mom
Kendall Miami.
And I would like to say everyone thank you especially to you Mom. You helped me too much. And thanks for every one I’m so happy.
Thanks again

You’re welcome and congratulations again.

Be sure to update the timeline spreadsheet with your info if you haven’t do so already.

Hi Mom - received my interview letter this week from NYC FO (I updated spreadsheet). I also received a Form I-508 together with the IL to fill out and take to the Interview. I am an E3 temp worker and thought, given we have "no special rights, privilege, immunities etc"..this form was not applicable....
I'll fill out anyway for the interview - but just thought I'd ask?

Hi Mom - received my interview letter this week from NYC FO (I updated spreadsheet). I also received a Form I-508 together with the IL to fill out and take to the Interview. I am an E3 temp worker and thought, given we have "no special rights, privilege, immunities etc"..this form was not applicable....
I'll fill out anyway for the interview - but just thought I'd ask?

Just fill the form and take it along as requested - they may be assuming yours is one of those E visas requiring such a waiver.