• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Quick Question: Is it possible to do your biometrics on a walk-in basis in a different state than the one assigned in your biometrics letter? Asking because I just submitted my AOS package, but will likely have to travel OOS next week.

Quick Question: Is it possible to do your biometrics on a walk-in basis in a different state than the one assigned in your biometrics letter? Asking because I just submitted my AOS package, but will likely have to travel OOS next week.

Yes. You’ll need to have received the bio notice of course.

[This is a reply to Mom's post #2,562 on page 129. The site somehow doens't let me post a direct reply]

Thank you again Mom... I don't know why I waited so long to take an action, should have been the top priority before anything else.

Anyhow I resubmitted the package today. After reviewing my original form, I realized I had left blank the sections that aren't applicable to me, instead of putting "N/A" in there, and I think that most likely is the reason for the rejection... such a careless mistake. I couldn't think of any other potential reason. My CN was current May 1st and I had filed it during May, so it wasn't early filing.

I updated my original I-485 and also included a completely new I-485 with a new date in case they need to treat it as a new case. I also included a new cover letter explaining this, new G-1450 payment form, and a new G-1145 receipt notification form. Everything else, I just mailed back the same copies that they had returned.

Fingers crossed it gets processed this time... I'll be sure to share the information if anything happens. Thank you!

Just want to share an update on my previously rejected case for which there was no explanation for the reason for the rejection. Two weeks after I sent an inquiry email to Lockbox, I received the following:

"I have reviewed our records for the adjustment of status filing that you mailed to the Lockbox in May assigned receipt number _____, and find that it was rejected in error on May 13, 2019, for which we apologize.

Please refile the rejected package with the same supporting documents and a $1,225 payment, and please reply to this message to email me, upon resubmission to provide a tracking number, so we can watch for the package and can assign to the resubmitted filing the original May 8, 2019-, received date that would have been assigned if it had been processed correctly. Again, please accept our apologies for processing the submission incorrectly and please let me know if you have any questions."

Currently I'm waiting for my refiled packaged to be picked up and put back into line where it should've been. Hope the information helps anyone who's going through a similar situation, although I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else :(

Hi @Sm1smom ,
1 month after my Bio, I received my IL (what a release!). My interview will be July 9th and I am preparing and looking forward to it.

- On the spreadsheet, it is mentioned to bring the Medical Exam as a backup. After doing my medical exam, I didn't receive any copy from the doctor as it was in a sealed envelope, should I just go and ask for it ?
- I asked for a Californian ID 2 months ago but didn't arrive yet. Can I use only one form of Government Issued ID which is my passport?

Thanks in advance!

I am currently F1-OPT, Do I need to file an I-797? I was looking thought the spreadsheet but am Not sure who this form applies to.

I am currently F1-OPT, Do I need to file an I-797? I was looking thought the spreadsheet but am Not sure who this form applies to.
I-797 form (notice of action) is a document you receive from USCIS when you e.g. change/update your status. If you processed OPT through your university, they must have gotten it after you were approved. They're supposed to provide you with a copy. The original is usually kept by HR, or ISSS (International Student and Scholar Services).
NOTE: remember to take the original form for your interview. You'll have to borrow it from the appropriate unit.

I-797 form (notice of action) is a document you receive from USCIS when you e.g. change/update your status. If you processed OPT through your university, they must have gotten it after you were approved. They're supposed to provide you with a copy. The original is usually kept by HR, or ISSS (International Student and Scholar Services).
NOTE: remember to take the original form for your interview. You'll have to borrow it from the appropriate unit.

Thank you! I will contact my adviser!

is the check in your AOS Package for bio and filing fee ($1,225) to be made out to USCIS or DOS? I couldn't see it in the spreadsheet

Also If I have an expired and a current EAD card do I need to also add the I-797 ?

Last edited:
is the check in your AOS Package for bio and filing fee ($1,225) to be made out to USCIS or DOS? I couldn't see it in the spreadsheet

Also If I have an expired and a current EAD card do I need to also add the I-797 ?
1. "U.S. Department of Homeland Security" see https://www.uscis.gov/fees for details
2. All I-797s relevant to your current stay, to show that you were continually in a valid status.

Hi @Sm1smom ,
1 month after my Bio, I received my IL (what a release!). My interview will be July 9th and I am preparing and looking forward to it.

- On the spreadsheet, it is mentioned to bring the Medical Exam as a backup. After doing my medical exam, I didn't receive any copy from the doctor as it was in a sealed envelope, should I just go and ask for it ?
- I asked for a Californian ID 2 months ago but didn't arrive yet. Can I use only one form of Government Issued ID which is my passport?

Thanks in advance!

1. You can ask them, if the doctor’s office didn’t keep a copy for their file, they will not be able to issue you with a copy though.

2. Yes.

Is an official transcript from college showing you've graduated evidence of having a degree or will they only accept the actual school diploma?

Is an official transcript from college showing you've graduated evidence of having a degree or will they only accept the actual school diploma?

if the transcript says "degree completed" or something like that at the end of it it will be fine.

I will be sending in my AOS Package at the end of June, will I meet the September 30 cut off date? Is the cut off date for all GC to be processed before sept 30 or for having your AOS package delivered and interview organized by then.

I will be sending in my AOS Package at the end of June, will I meet the September 30 cut off date? Is the cut off date for all GC to be processed before sept 30 or for having your AOS package delivered and interview organized by then.

1. No one here can guarantee if you will or will not be able to complete the process by Sept. 30th.
2. Approval must happen no later than Sept. 30th

Why are you waiting till the end of June before sending in your AOS package?

1. No one here can guarantee if you will or will not be able to complete the process by Sept. 30th.
2. Approval must happen no later than Sept. 30th

Why are you waiting till the end of June before sending in your AOS package?

I had to wait until my birth certificate arrive from Australia, it got lost in the mail and had to re order it. I didn’t want to organise the medical until I knew I had it because the medical is a bit of $$$. I could only get in to do the medical on June 25th. Once that’s sealed I’ll fedEx it. What other options do I have?

Hi Mom,
It has been two weeks since I received NOA letter & still no sign of bio letter. Looking through timeline spreadsheet, it seems as though most people receive that within 7-10 days. Should I contact USCIS to find out if they are able to provide me with updates or would you recommend that i should wait bit longer?
Thanks

Hi Mom,
It has been two weeks since I received NOA letter & still no sign of bio letter. Looking through timeline spreadsheet, it seems as though most people receive that within 7-10 days. Should I contact USCIS to find out if they are able to provide me with updates or would you recommend that i should wait bit longer?
Thanks

Contact USCIS

Hi everyone! Finally got an update on our case, saying that we will be scheduled an interview soon. As we prepare for the interview, I have a question: did anyone else answered "yes" for the "public help" question? We did because the first year we came here we went to a clinic that didn't charge for medical assistance if you were pregnant (I was) and we are not sure if this was "public help" or not (the clinic is private but receives federal funds). I will explain all this to the officer, but was wondering if any other had similar experiences and how it went.
Thanks!