• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hmm... mine have been at different times: 11 am, 3 pm, 4 pm, and even 8 pm EST. It probably varies by who's working on the case or by FO. If you signed up for alerts, you will get a text or an email anyway, so no need to drive yourself crazy by checking the case online every few hours for updates!
I have signed up for both sites and no update at all so far.
Only this we received your case bla bla.....

Guys,

Has anyone punched the application packet before ? In the USCIS filing tips I read that they appreciate two hole punching

I have signed up for both sites and no update at all so far.
Only this we received your case bla bla.....
I remember reading on this thread and previous AOS threads that the status is not always updated before a decision is made on your case. The updates after the interview (case approved, CPO, card mailed, etc.) are the useful ones. Based on your timeline, you haven't even gotten your IL yet so just wait a bit more!

I remember reading on this thread and previous AOS threads that the status is not always updated before a decision is made on your case. The updates after the interview (case approved, CPO, card mailed, etc.) are the useful ones. Based on your timeline, you haven't even gotten your IL yet so just wait a bit more!
Of course, dont get me wrong I am not complaining, just pointed out that the case status websites dont work for everyone as it suppose to do

Hi Mom,

I forgot to write Chicago lock box at the beginning of the address. I wrote
USCIS, PO Box 805887, Chicago, IL, 60680-4120. Will it be a problem ?

Last edited:
1. I don’t know
2. Not a good idea. You just have to wait and see if your package gets accepted or rejected and sent back.

We contacted the USCIS customer service regarding the above issue. They said our package has been arrived and accepted, they also gave us a receipt number to check our status online and said they haven't sent the notification yet. The online tool says the below.
"Accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number #"
Does this mean my checks have been accepted? But the amount has not been deducted from my account yet.

Hi everyone, I received my green card today! Still blows my mind that I’m already a LPR after only finding out I was selected in July 2018 (oops, forgot to check my entry) and sending my AOS package just two months ago. I feel incredibly lucky that my process was so quick and smooth.

Thank you to everyone who takes time to talk about their experiences and answer questions, and of course to Mom for her selflessness and patience in helping people for free! This forum has actually made ALL the difference. I remember finding out about my selection and trying to figure out what my next steps should be. I was like
o8ayEUS.gif

My advice to everyone from my own experience and from reading this forum:
  • Read everything thoroughly and get an idea of the process from beginning to end before you do anything because one wrong move could jeopardize your chances and your future.
  • Be very attentive to details so you don't overlook anything. Knowing you double and triple-checked everything will put your mind at ease.
  • Be very thorough in preparing your AOS package and other relevant supporting documents, especially if your case is not straightforward. Don't just hope you won't be questioned. This is the opportunity of a lifetime, so take it seriously.
  • Do your part and put effort into finding the answer to your questions rather than asking every single thing that pops into your mind. The spreadsheet and previous years’ AOS threads are so helpful and the forum’s search feature is there for a reason. From my experience in the US (going on 7 years), common sense and being resourceful go a long way.
  • I know this one can be hard but be patient and for your own sanity, stop overanalyzing and stressing out about little things!
Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk and good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone, I received my green card today! Still blows my mind that I’m already a LPR after only finding out I was selected in July 2018 (oops, forgot to check my entry) and sending my AOS package just two months ago. I feel incredibly lucky that my process was so quick and smooth.

Thank you to everyone who takes time to talk about their experiences and answer questions, and of course to Mom for her selflessness and patience in helping people for free! This forum has actually made ALL the difference. I remember finding out about my selection and trying to figure out what my next steps should be. I was like
o8ayEUS.gif

• Read everything thoroughly and get an idea of the process from beginning to end before you do anything because one wrong move could jeopardize your chances and your future.
  • Be very attentive to details so you don't overlook anything. Knowing you double and triple-checked everything will put your mind at ease.
  • Be very thorough in preparing your AOS package and other relevant supporting documents, especially if your case is not straightforward. Don't just hope you won't be questioned. This is the opportunity of a lifetime, so take it seriously.
  • Do your part and put effort into finding the answer to your questions rather than asking every single thing that pops into your mind. The spreadsheet and previous years’ AOS threads are so helpful and the forum’s search feature is there for a reason. From my experience in the US (going on 7 years), common sense and being resourceful go a long way.
  • I know this one can be hard but be patient and for your own sanity, stop overanalyzing and stressing out about little things!
Congrats !!!

o8ayEUS.gif

Congratulations. Do update the timeline spreadsheet if you’re yet to do so.

We contacted the USCIS customer service regarding the above issue. They said our package has been arrived and accepted, they also gave us a receipt number to check our status online and said they haven't sent the notification yet. The online tool says the below.
"Accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number #"
Does this mean my checks have been accepted? But the amount has not been deducted from my account yet.

I don’t know.

Got approved for my green card last Thursday everyone!!!!!!!!! I had to wait a while until I got called into my interview because they were looking for a document to be able to finalize my approval after the interview. The immigration officer pretty much just asked me yes or no questions to confirm the information on my I-485 and we were done in about 15 minutes. Wasn't anything complicated or out of the way about my interview to note. Now I'm just waiting for my green card in the mail but I've learned how to have more patience doing this process and the most agonizing parts are officially over!

Thank you to everyone especially Sm1mom so much for your helpful information and support!!!!!! <3<3<3

Got approved for my green card last Thursday everyone!!!!!!!!! I had to wait a while until I got called into my interview because they were looking for a document to be able to finalize my approval after the interview. The immigration officer pretty much just asked me yes or no questions to confirm the information on my I-485 and we were done in about 15 minutes. Wasn't anything complicated or out of the way about my interview to note. Now I'm just waiting for my green card in the mail but I've learned how to have more patience doing this process and the most agonizing parts are officially over!

Thank you to everyone especially Sm1mom so much for your helpful information and support!!!!!! <3<3<3

Quick turnaround :) congratulations.