• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

You followed the instructions from the website and have already dropped off your package. Now seat back, be patient and watch the process unfold.
Thanks Mom! fingers crossed everything will be fine. My package is expected to be delivered on 6/8 at 6 pm. I will update the timeline sheet once this happen

Hi Tinaina,

Did you receive the confirmation to your new address? ( I did change of address as well and waiting for confirmation)

Could I use a different address instead (work place not the residence) as the mailing address on i 485?
Not the first time. I waited for a month and didn't recieved confirmation, but I have got an email from MY FO in my state that I should contact uscis to change address which was weird since I did contact the change of address in the website not my FO.
I called uscis after a month talked to a tier 2 officer and she changed my address again and this time I have got a confirmation letter in 4 days.

Last edited:
Not the first time. I waited for a month and didn't recieved confirmation, but I have got an email from MY FO in my state that I should contact uscis to change address which was weird since I did contact the change of address in the website not my FO.
I called uscis after a month talked to a tier 2 officer and she changed my address again and this time I have got a confirmation letter in 4 days.
I am glad you received it.

Hi Mom,

Is there any reason we should fill the I-485 continuously. Somewhere I saw that if we make a mistake we should start over.

Just noticed I'm receiving case updates around 4 pm Pacific Time on my email. I received 3 of them around the same time on different days. I'm wondering if this might be the standard time when status updates are sent out on their system. Any thoughts?

Hi Mom,

Is there any reason we should fill the I-485 continuously. Somewhere I saw that if we make a mistake we should start over.

If you write by hand, just reprint the erroneous page.
if you edit it electronically, amend the erroneous page and print it after.

Just noticed I'm receiving case updates around 4 pm Pacific Time on my email. I received 3 of them around the same time on different days. I'm wondering if this might be the standard time when status updates are sent out on their system. Any thoughts?
Good for you, I have never received any update on my case however I went for Bio a month ago....

Hmm... mine have been at different times: 11 am, 3 pm, 4 pm, and even 8 pm EST. It probably varies by who's working on the case or by FO. If you signed up for alerts, you will get a text or an email anyway, so no need to drive yourself crazy by checking the case online every few hours for updates!

Mom,
Do we need it include DS260 at least for the derivative? What is the document to prove that the derivative was included in the original DV application? I saw this requirement in I-485 instructions page under DV

Mom,
Do we need it include DS260 at least for the derivative? What is the document to prove that the derivative was included in the original DV application? I saw this requirement in I-485 instructions page under DV

The DS260 does not prove a derivative was included in the eDV registration. The only way to demonstrate that is to include a copy of the eDV registration form itself, assuming you saved a copy when you registered back in 2017.

On a side note, the AOS process spreadsheet which has been in existence since 2014 I believe has the list of the pertinent documents (IMO) - this is the list numerous DV based AOSers have successfully relied on. If the spreadsheet is silent on a particular document, it is because such a document is not applicable or makes no difference in most cases.

Here is my time line and experience.

My CN current the 1st month of the 2019 fiscal year. It's been a long wait in every step of the process totally from start to finish took 8 months to get approved. I believe because of the workload of my field office. It took 2 month to get and IL, then got reschedule for another 2 and a half to get new interviewed date. Then , 3 more months to get approved. However, I got an email notice the card was ordered. Hope this info helped you guys calm down a bit and be on top of the process. Thank you everyone here for the guidance and many great advice.

Best,
PT

Hi Mom and all,
I have noticed that everyone talking about getting updates from USCIS. I created an account and never got any update to my email. May I know which I site I need to sign up to get updates?. Thanks everyone!