• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi Mom,

The edition date of the I-485 is 12/13/17. I believe this is the most current one. Is that correct? It has 18 pages
I don't have an A number ? So leave it blank? In the filing tips in USCIS page they ask "f you have any attachments, make sure each attached page has your name and A-Number (if any) " So do you suggest to write down my name on each page including form I-485 ?

Hi Mom,

The edition date of the I-485 is 12/13/17. I believe this is the most current one. Is that correct? It has 18 pages
I don't have an A number ? So leave it blank? In the filing tips in USCIS page they ask "f you have any attachments, make sure each attached page has your name and A-Number (if any) " So do you suggest to write down my name on each page including form I-485 ?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Don’t write your name in place of the A# on the I-485, leave it blank.

p.s. number your questions if you have more than one in a post.

Hello everyone,

Good news! Our case was approved yesterday! The interview went very well and lasted about 40min. The ISO was friendly but straightforward. My husband and I prepared a lot for the interview. It was important to know important dates by heart, such as a port of entry date, SSN, our marriage date, child's DOB, dates of employment, etc.). The ISO went through every single question on our I-485 forms and worked on both of our applications at the same time. Our case wasn't approved right away, the ISO told us that he needed our files from KCC and within 30 days we would get a response. On 6/2 my husband's and on 6/3 my case status changed to"New card is being produced." And after that it changed to"Case was approved." Also, the spreadsheet is updated.

Thank you, Mom and all the members of this group! And good luck with everything!

Hi All,
Has anyone gone through change of address with a pending AOS ? Can it delay the process?

I did a month ago: the change online from your USCIS is seamless. Once you fill and submit the form, they send you an email to tell you that it will take 2 weeks to get an answer but it was much faster in my case: it was completed in less that a day and you receive a letter to confirm that the change was properly taking into account on top of that.

Now there are probably more knowledgeable about the impact on your application.
In my case, I can't say if it slowed things down, I did it right after they sent the bio letter: comparable cases - filed around the same time, in the same area - have not received the interview letter yet but NY FOs do not look like the most reactive to DV cases so far.
The question would rather be if it changes your FO - does it?

Hello everyone,

Good news! Our case was approved yesterday! The interview went very well and lasted about 40min. The ISO was friendly but straightforward. My husband and I prepared a lot for the interview. It was important to know important dates by heart, such as a port of entry date, SSN, our marriage date, child's DOB, dates of employment, etc.). The ISO went through every single question on our I-485 forms and worked on both of our applications at the same time. Our case wasn't approved right away, the ISO told us that he needed our files from KCC and within 30 days we would get a response. On 6/2 my husband's and on 6/3 my case status changed to"New card is being produced." And after that it changed to"Case was approved." Also, the spreadsheet is updated.

Thank you, Mom and all the members of this group! And good luck with everything!
Congratulations! I see that your interview was the day after mine at the same FO, but the order of our status updates is different. I got my approval letter but no notification about card production yet. I hope your cards arrive soon!

edit: Nevermind, it looks like I spoke too fast. My case was literally just updated and now shows that my card has been mailed.

Last edited:
You previously said you did a walk-in bio on May 6th, that’s not quite a month and you’ve already initiated an expedite request? If you utilize all the available follow up opportunities when you really ought to be exercising some patience, how will you follow up on your case when you most need it then?

Anyway, the above message doesn’t mean your expedite request has been approved. The message means exactly what it says: your request has been assigned to someone to review - there’s no coded or hidden meaning in it.
Thanks @Sm1smom , I should exercise some patience here and wait. Will hopefully get good news soon and will update you!You're the best thanks again

Hi Mom,

1) Do you recommend submitting Spouse educational/ degree certificates (He is the derivative) along with my documents. This is not listed in AOS package though.
2) I would like to submit employment documents, financial documents and tax documents for both. (With my salary alone we are under poverty line) is this going to be too many unnecessary documents? Again This is not listed in AOS package.
2) In the check I believe we must include CN # under Memo is that correct?

Hi Mom,

1) Do you recommend submitting Spouse educational/ degree certificates (He is the derivative) along with my documents. This is not listed in AOS package though.
2) I would like to submit employment documents, financial documents and tax documents for both. (With my salary alone we are under poverty line) is this going to be too many unnecessary documents? Again This is not listed in AOS package.
2) In the check I believe we must include CN # under Memo is that correct?

1&2: You can follow the spreadsheet which was put together to guard against my having to repeat myself to every one going through the AOS process, or use your discretion as applicable.
3. Yes

Hello everyone,

Congratulations - please update the timeline spreadsheet if you’re yet to do so.

Hi All,
Has anyone gone through change of address with a pending AOS ? Can it delay the process?

If you do a change of address after submitting your AOS package and your new address falls under the jurisdiction of a new FO different from where your previous address fell, yes it will delay your process.

It is also not unusual for important documents such as your IL to still get sent to your old address and you subsequently miss your interview date even after updating your info online with USCIS - seen this happen before.

I did a month ago: the change online from your USCIS is seamless. Once you fill and submit the form, they send you an email to tell you that it will take 2 weeks to get an answer but it was much faster in my case: it was completed in less that a day and you receive a letter to confirm that the change was properly taking into account on top of that.

Now there are probably more knowledgeable about the impact on your application.
In my case, I can't say if it slowed things down, I did it right after they sent the bio letter: comparable cases - filed around the same time, in the same area - have not received the interview letter yet but NY FOs do not look like the most reactive to DV cases so far.
The question would rather be if it changes your FO - does it?
thank you ,That is a relief. It will still fall to the same FO . All i can do now is hope:)

If you do a change of address after submitting your AOS package and your new address falls under the jurisdiction of a new FO different from where your previous address fell, yes it will delay your process.

It is also not unusual for important documents such as your IL to still get sent to your old address and you subsequently miss your interview date even after updating your info online with USCIS - seen this happen before.
thanks Mom, it will still be the same FO, fingers crossed !!

Hi mom,

1) Do we have to fill Supplement A to form I-485 ?
2) For the question ‘ are you applying for adjustment based on INA section 245-i’ I believe the answer is No. is that correct?
3) receipt number of the underlying petition ? I believe this a No as well

I’m sorry for asking each and everything. Honesty I’m scared

Last edited:
Mom,
I couldn’t find an answer for this. What should we say for the ‘ need of government assistance’ ?