• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi Mom!
After a few months without news, we got a NOA today saying that our case was transferred to the NBC
Is there an estimate of how long now to our interview? I've been looking online and found mixed reviews. I'm guessing that all this was because of the wrongly filled 360, but we have already done the biometrics (supposedly scheduled by the NBC for what I see in the spreadsheet). Do you think we can expect sth soon? Having been waiting since October, we are kind of anxious
Thanks!

Hopefully your IL comes out soon.

Hello
After a month of contacting Ombudsman office, today I got an email that they are closing my inquiry because my case is currently within processing time. They also mentioned that "If USCIS' Case Inquiry Date has passed your receipt date (or if there is no processing time for your form type listed on the USCIS website, but your submission has been pending for longer than six months) you may reply to this email and ask us to reopen your request with the Ombudsman's Office."
Today is exactly 5 months since they received my package.

1. Do I need to contact them after a month?
2. I am afraid that I will never get my IL. I have tried everything (calling them every 15 days, contacted congressman on March, Infopass on January and February and Contacted Ombudsman office). Is there any more way to reach out to USCIS?
3. My FO no longer accepts infopass. Can I go to another FO that accepts infopass and get some information on my case?

Nowadays I feel like I am waiting for something that is never going to happen.

Hello
After a month of contacting Ombudsman office, today I got an email that they are closing my inquiry because my case is currently within processing time. They also mentioned that "If USCIS' Case Inquiry Date has passed your receipt date (or if there is no processing time for your form type listed on the USCIS website, but your submission has been pending for longer than six months) you may reply to this email and ask us to reopen your request with the Ombudsman's Office."

2. I am afraid that I will never get my IL. I have tried everything (calling them every 15 days, contacted congressman on March, Infopass on January and February and Contacted Ombudsman office). Is there any more way to reach out to USCIS?
3. My FO no longer accepts infopass. Can I go to another FO that accepts infopass and get some information on my case?

Hi @Winner19
I totally understand your situation, because I was there and waiting also made me anxious. Believe me there were nights when I could not sleep and was thinking whether I will ever get my IL. I was talking to my husband about it over and over again, till one day he got tired of my whining and said I stop it)
I just want to give some advice that helped me. One day I just told myself, that if it is meant to be I will get my IL and let go the situation. Later, I received IL within a week. So I think you need to calm down, stop stressing over and try to let the situation go. You will get it soon hopefully.

Hello

You’ll just have to exercise more patience at this point. Follow up with the ombudsman’s office after six months if IL is still pending. Going on an INFOPASS to another FO with no jurisdiction over your case is a complete waste of time. All the FOs operate independent of each other.

Hello

I can probably guess the thoughts running through your head. Hang in there.

The website states that they will endeavour to process all other applications within 6 months, so it makes sense that the ombudsman won't help you until that time period has elapsed.

Hopefully the timeline knows of previous year's success stories through your FO, so you can at least use it for some reassurance.

Hi Mom,

Thank you again for your time answering my questions.
Here I have some more:

I am working in my AOS package and it is almost done, but :

1) I haven't received any 2 NL from KCC, I called them and they said that they do not submit 2 NL for AOS cases, so Can I send my package without it? (Silly question but just in case I will appreciate your recommendations).

2) I recently got my Medical Exam form I-693 (Closed Envelop), I would like to know if I have to put the Original envelope inside my AOS package to mail it to the USCIS or Should I not include it in the AOS package and take it to my interview instead?.

3) You already answered me a question regarding translations so I'm sorry for asking about the same subject again, but there is a word that keeps me confused, on the Travel.state.gov (prepare documents section) it says ``If the documents are not in English the translations must be CERTIFIED`` so my English Teacher (US Citizen) already translate my documents, he is an expert in my native language and English, he also wrote a statement and signed it for each document translated, but we both are concerned about that word (CERTIFIED), because he does not have any certification as an accredited Translator.

What do CERTIFIED means besides being fluent in both languages and the signed statement?

Thanks again for your time and dedication.

Regards,

God bless you.

Hi Mom,

Thank you again for your time answering my questions.
Here I have some more:

I am working in my AOS package and it is almost done, but :

1) I haven't received any 2 NL from KCC, I called them and they said that they do not submit 2 NL for AOS cases, so Can I send my package without it? (Silly question but just in case I will appreciate your recommendations).

2) I recently got my Medical Exam form I-693 (Closed Envelop), I would like to know if I have to put the Original envelope inside my AOS package to mail it to the USCIS or Should I not include it in the AOS package and take it to my interview instead?.

3) You already answered me a question regarding translations so I'm sorry for asking about the same subject again, but there is a word that keeps me confused, on the Travel.state.gov (prepare documents section) it says ``If the documents are not in English the translations must be CERTIFIED`` so my English Teacher (US Citizen) already translate my documents, he is an expert in my native language and English, he also wrote a statement and signed it for each document translated, but we both are concerned about that word (CERTIFIED), because he does not have any certification as an accredited Translator.

What do CERTIFIED means besides being fluent in both languages and the signed statement?

Thanks again for your time and dedication.

Regards,

God bless you.

1. Yes AOS package can be sent without the 2NL.
2. Sealed medical report should be included with the AOS package. Considering the fact that you’re asking about the medical exam, it seems you either haven’t quite read the AOS process spreadsheet or are not paying enough attention to it. It is to your benefit to really pay close attention to it though.
3. Certified in this case simply means the translator is attesting to their fluency in both English and the language the document is being translated from, and should the need arise the translator is willing to confirm under oath the accuracy of their translations.

Thank you very much for your time and endless help, Mom

Another Question Just to confirm:

1) My daughter was born here in the USA, so I am not including her as a beneficiary on the AOS package (I just put her as my child on the I-485 form, I also know that as she is a US Citizen she must not be included as a beneficiary on the AOS forms), therefore would you consider mandatory to include her Birth Certificate in the AOS package? or Should I just take the original B/C with me to the interview? (Maybe a silly one but I don't want to make mistakes on this).

Blessings.

Thank you very much for your time and endless help, Mom

Another Question Just to confirm:

1) My daughter was born here in the USA, so I am not including her as a beneficiary on the AOS package (I just put her as my child on the I-485 form, I also know that as she is a US Citizen she must not be included as a beneficiary on the AOS forms), therefore would you consider mandatory to include her Birth Certificate in the AOS package? or Should I just take the original B/C with me to the interview? (Maybe a silly one but I don't want to make mistakes on this).

Blessings.

You’ll take her B/C to the interview.

Hi,

I am a DV2019 winner and my interview is already scheduled in June, I do have a B1/B2 Visa.

Is it possible to arrive in the USA and do adjustment of status over there due to the possibility to leave my country nowadays?

Please advise me on this matter.

Hi,

I am a DV2019 winner and my interview is already scheduled in June, I do have a B1/B2 Visa.

Is it possible to arrive in the USA and do adjustment of status over there due to the possibility to leave my country nowadays?

Please advise me on this matter.

No that is not allowed. Stay back and attend your interview as scheduled.

Hello!,
We won dv lottery 2019, while asylum pending. Once I filed i-485 and interview has been scheduled I received asylum denial (case transferred to court)so which means we are now at proceeding to removal. Adjustment of status interview based on dv lottery went well, however we received a letter since we are in removal proceeding only judge has an authority to approve/deny adjustment of status. I am a little bit confused how do we send document to court? We already paid all dv lottery feels including i-485 fees, finger prints, medicine are all done.
We have master hearing in June,2019. Should I mail all docs to court before or take it with us to court?
Please, please advise what to do ..as we have time till September only with dv lottery...

Hi Mom and all,
I have noticed most of you walked in for bio. Did they ask anything else except the photo ID and the appointment letter?. Did they ask reason showing up before the appointment date?.
Thanks all!

Hello!,
We won dv lottery 2019, while asylum pending. Once I filed i-485 and interview has been scheduled I received asylum denial (case transferred to court)so which means we are now at proceeding to removal. Adjustment of status interview based on dv lottery went well, however we received a letter since we are in removal proceeding only judge has an authority to approve/deny adjustment of status. I am a little bit confused how do we send document to court? We already paid all dv lottery feels including i-485 fees, finger prints, medicine are all done.
We have master hearing in June,2019. Should I mail all docs to court before or take it with us to court?
Please, please advise what to do ..as we have time till September only with dv lottery...

The issue you’re facing is not a DV based AOS process related, so you can’t get the guidance you’re looking for here. You need to speak with an immigration attorney highly experienced in removal proceedings and AOS.

Good luck!

Hi Mom and all,
I have noticed most of you walked in for bio. Did they ask anything else except the photo ID and the appointment letter?. Did they ask reason showing up before the appointment date?.
Thanks all!

Some ASCs ask questions, some don’t.

The issue you’re facing is not a DV based AOS process related, so you can’t get the guidance you’re looking for here. You need to speak with an immigration attorney highly experienced in removal proceedings and AOS.

Good luck!
Thank you!!I will