• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi Mom and all

I need to go to interview next month. I’ve got two questions.

1) Are the tax return transcripts provided by the IRS website valid? On the back of my interview notice it says the tax returns must be signed and dated but there is nothing like that on the forms the site gives us. Is it still ok to print them off and take with us to the interview?

2) My second question is about traffic violations. I have two parking tickets ( one for staying too long at a parking meter and one for parking in a lot I didn’t have permit for) I paid both but I don’t have any receipts to prove that I have paid the fines. Should I mention them at the interview? If he asks of any other traffic violation ( aside from the citation I had) should I just answer no? and if I have to say “yes” and explain, is there any way I could get my payment receipts?

Thank you sooo much

1. Of course they are valid. Ignore the signature requirement.

2. Answering ‘No’ constitutes lying under oath, you have to answer in the affirmative since that is the case with you. Read @Mshindi2018’s interview experience (previous page) re traffic violations. I don’t know how you can get the payment receipt but they may not request to see it or simply believe you once you state you’ve paid the associated fine.

Hi Mom and other fellow AOSers,
This forum has been really helpful as I prepare the paperwork for my case from the beginning.
I went to my interview 2 days ago at Raleigh-Durham, NC FO. The interview seemed to be really smooth.
The IO was really nice. He asked for my passport and he went through questions in I-485.
He told me that he was excited since this was the first DV case that he has taken care of.
However, he didn't say anything about what the process would be from now or whether he has approved my case at the end except for "good luck!".
(I kinda regret now. I should have asked.)

I know it is still really early and I should be patient, but a few things make me worried.

1. I saw in the spreadsheet that the majority of AOSers got their CPO/approval status on the same day if not a following day after the interview, although I have seen people who have to wait for months.
I tried to check the status online by entering my receipt number on the USCIS website, but the system kept showing:
Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
User-Defined Error
I called USCIS customer services today, but I didn't get any further info about that and I was told to wait for another 45 days.
Q: Anyone has this error experience of the check status online system while your case is pending?

2. I was curious and called the KCC today. The lady at KCC told me that they have not received any requests for my file from USCIS/FO.
Q: Is it necessary that the field office has to request the file from KCC before they can adjudicate the case? Anyone gets your case approved knowing that USCIS didn't request your file from KCC?

I know I might be overthinking about this right now and should wait for a bit before making the next move.
FYI my FO does not accept INFOPASS appointment.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you for your understanding!

Hi Mom,

When filling i-485 I came across "Nonimmigrant Visa Number from this Passport (if any)".
I used my new passport to come USA so "Passport Number Used at Last Arrival" is my new passport number and I have my visa in the old passport which I used to come.
Can I use the visa number in my old passport or should I leave it black ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
This forum has been really helpful as I prepare the paperwork for my case from the beginning.
I went to my interview 2 days ago at Raleigh-Durham, NC FO. The interview seemed to be really smooth.
The IO was really nice. He asked for my passport and he went through questions in I-485.
He told me that he was excited since this was the first DV case that he has taken care of.
However, he didn't say anything about what the process would be from now or whether he has approved my case at the end except for "good luck!".

I know it is still really early and I should be patient, but a few things make me worried.

1. I saw in the spreadsheet that the majority of AOSers got their CPO/approval status on the same day if not a following day after the interview, although I have seen people who have to wait for months.
I tried to check the status online by entering my receipt number on the USCIS website, but the system kept showing:
Validation Error(s)
User-Defined Error
I called USCIS customer services today, but I didn't get any further info about that and I was told to wait for another 45 days.
Q: Anyone has this error experience of the check status online system while your case is pending?

2. I was curious and called the KCC today. The lady at KCC told me that they have not received any requests for my file from USCIS/FO.
Q: Is it necessary that the field office has to request the file from KCC before they can adjudicate the case? Anyone gets your case approved knowing that USCIS didn't request your file from KCC?

I know I might be overthinking about this right now and should wait for a bit before making the next move.

Yes your FO has to receive your KCC file before your AOS petition gets adjudicated.
Any suggestion? P.A.T.I.E.N.C.E.

Hi Mom,

When filling i-485 I came across "Nonimmigrant Visa Number from this Passport (if any)".
I used my new passport to come USA so "Passport Number Used at Last Arrival" is my new passport number and I have my visa in the old passport which I used to come.
Can I use the visa number in my old passport or should I leave it black ?

Thanks in advance.

List the visa number.

Hi everyone,
My number is current for June. I am just debating whether to send my AOS package now or wait until June.
1. Anyone denied this year because of early filing?.
2. Do I have to pay DV fee and AOS fee again, if my application denied because of early filing?.
Thanks everyone
Hi Lani,
I am current in June as well. I sent my package on Saturday which was delivered on Monday by UPS.
I did not receive the acceptance text or email so far, however I see my credit card was charged for the payment amount. So I assume it was accepted.

List the visa number.
Hi Mom,
Thanks for the advice.
I've some other doubts I wanna make sure before sending my AOS package .
1. I am gonna use the translated documents from my home country, which are certified by a home country lawyer. Is that fine ? do I need to translate in USA?
2. With i-134(Affidavit of Support) filling, Are copies of latest W-2 and the driving licence copy of the sponsor enough ? or do we need to include the bank statements of the sponsor as well ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Mom,
Thanks for the advice.
I've some other doubts I wanna make sure before sending my AOS package .
1. I am gonna use the translated documents from my home country, which are certified by a home country lawyer. Is that fine ? do I need to translate in USA?
2. With i-134(Affidavit of Support) filling, Are copies of latest W-2 and the driving licence copy of the sponsor enough ? or do we need to include the bank statements of the sponsor as well ?

Thanks in advance.

1. That should be fine.

2. Yes, that’s what the AOS spreadsheet says.

Yes your FO has to receive your KCC file before your AOS petition gets adjudicated.
Any suggestion? P.A.T.I.E.N.C.E.

Validation Error(s)
User-Defined Error

If your FO does accept infopass... I wonder what can be done if anything to make sure that they have your file by the time that you go for your interview?

Book a infopass when you receive your IL and request that they should please request your file from KCC? Anything else that might help?

Hi Lani,
I am current in June as well. I sent my package on Saturday which was delivered on Monday by UPS.
I did not receive the acceptance text or email so far, however I see my credit card was charged for the payment amount. So I assume it was accepted.
Great, Thank you for your reply

If your FO does accept infopass... I wonder what can be done if anything to make sure that they have your file by the time that you go for your interview?

Book a infopass when you receive your IL and request that they should please request your file from KCC? Anything else that might help?

There’s no guarantee going for an INFOPASS to request them to get your KCC will help. The front desk IO you’ll meet at the INFOPASS is most likely not the IO in charge of your case file, which means they wouldn’t know what a KCC file is. A large number of the IOs do not understand DV based AOS petition process because they’ve never adjudicated such a case before.

Hey all, Just wondering how long it took everyone to get there DV receipts back. I sent mine off 3 weeks ago and it says it was cashed on April 8th but still nothing?? Is it worth trying to follow up on it or just wait. Its the last thing im waiting for before I can send my case off as current in June.

Thanks all

Hey all, Just wondering how long it took everyone to get there DV receipts back. I sent mine off 3 weeks ago and it says it was cashed on April 8th but still nothing?? Is it worth trying to follow up on it or just wait. Its the last thing im waiting for before I can send my case off as current in June.

Thanks all
Hi,

I sent mine on March 23 and I got the receipt back on April 5. Did you include a self-addressed stamped envelope? You can email them and they'll email you a copy of the receipt.

Hi,

I sent mine on March 23 and I got the receipt back on April 5. Did you include a self-addressed stamped envelope? You can email them and they'll email you a copy of the receipt.
I did include a self addressed email but still nothing. I didnt know you could email for it - do you happen to know what email address to ask at? Thanks again for your reply.

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and would like to get some advice because I'm in a dilemma.
I am a 25 year old German and currently in the US on an F1 visa but am about to graduate from my university (in two weeks). I applied for OPT in March in order to stay and work in the US for another 12 months. The application is still pending and it will probably take another 1-2 months until I'll hear back from USCIS and get my EAD. I also won the DV2019 with a EU29xxx case number and observing the visa bulletins over the first few months of the fiscal year, I was sure that I won't have a shot at the green card anyway, so I haven't submitted the DS260 in order to avoid problems with my F1 and the application for OPT (which is an extension of F1). People told me that if I have a chance at all, I'll have to go via CP rather than AOS because AOS would take too long with my high case number.

Right now, I am trying to figure out what my options are. It looks like my number will become current for July. I believe that there is a chance for me to obtain the Green Card via CP if I submit the DS260 now - even though the backlog seems to impact the whole process and there is still a risk that I won't get scheduled for an interview before the fiscal year is over.

My dilemma is that I am afraid that I'll file my DS260 now which would result in my OPT application getting denied (because of immigration intent) but also won't end up getting the GC which would mean that I'll ruin all of my options to stay here (even just for 12 months). So I am considering not to send the DS260 at all and forget about the GC in order to be on the safe side with OPT. At the same time, I'd obviously prefer the GC over OPT if it's possible for me to get it. I hope I explained the situation well enough,

My question for this forum is: Could I do AOS instead of CP and avoid my conflicts that way somehow? I've heard that via AOS it may be possible for my OPT to get approved despite applying for the GC - is that true? Would there even be enough time to finish the AOS process if my number becomes current in July? Does anyone have any other advice for me? The reason why I'm not sure if I want to take the risk to ruin my OPT chances is that I'd like to stay in the US for a few years for sure but I'm not certain if I actually want to stay here for the rest of my life.

Thank you guys so much for your advice and for sharing your knowledge and experience with this!

Feli94

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and would like to get some advice because I'm in a dilemma.
I am a 25 year old German and currently in the US on an F1 visa but am about to graduate from my university (in two weeks). I applied for OPT in March in order to stay and work in the US for another 12 months. The application is still pending and it will probably take another 1-2 months until I'll hear back from USCIS and get my EAD. I also won the DV2019 with a EU29xxx case number and observing the visa bulletins over the first few months of the fiscal year, I was sure that I won't have a shot at the green card anyway, so I haven't submitted the DS260 in order to avoid problems with my F1 and the application for OPT (which is an extension of F1). People told me that if I have a chance at all, I'll have to go via CP rather than AOS because AOS would take too long with my high case number.

Right now, I am trying to figure out what my options are. It looks like my number will become current for July. I believe that there is a chance for me to obtain the Green Card via CP if I submit the DS260 now - even though the backlog seems to impact the whole process and there is still a risk that I won't get scheduled for an interview before the fiscal year is over.

My dilemma is that I am afraid that I'll file my DS260 now which would result in my OPT application getting denied (because of immigration intent) but also won't end up getting the GC which would mean that I'll ruin all of my options to stay here (even just for 12 months). So I am considering not to send the DS260 at all and forget about the GC in order to be on the safe side with OPT. At the same time, I'd obviously prefer the GC over OPT if it's possible for me to get it. I hope I explained the situation well enough,

My question for this forum is: Could I do AOS instead of CP and avoid my conflicts that way somehow? I've heard that via AOS it may be possible for my OPT to get approved despite applying for the GC - is that true? Would there even be enough time to finish the AOS process if my number becomes current in July? Does anyone have any other advice for me? The reason why I'm not sure if I want to take the risk to ruin my OPT chances is that I'd like to stay in the US for a few years for sure but I'm not certain if I actually want to stay here for the rest of my life.

Thank you guys so much for your advice and for sharing your knowledge and experience with this!

Feli94

DS260 form submission has no impact on OPT approval - not sure where you read or heard of it leading to a denial.

Can’t tell you which process to go with. Read the pros and cons of each option from the AOS process spreadsheet and make your own decision. We’ve had selectees in the past who became current in September and successfully completed AOS by the end of the FY.

If you decide to go CP, don’t wait longer than May to submit your DS260 and be aware of the new requirements involving submission of documents to KCC before interview gets scheduled at the local embassy.

DS260 form submission has no impact on OPT approval - not sure where you read or heard of it leading to a denial.

Can’t tell you which process to go with. Read the pros and cons of each option from the AOS process spreadsheet and make your own decision. We’ve had selectees in the past who became current in September and successfully completed AOS by the end of the FY.

If you decide to go CP, don’t wait longer than May to submit your DS260 and be aware of the new requirements involving submission of documents to KCC before interview gets scheduled at the local embassy.

Thank you so much for the quick response! I'm still trying to understand this all, so I hope it's okay for me to ask a few follow-up questions.
Are you sure that filing DS260 won't affect my pending OPT application? Isn't the OPT application basically an application for a NIV and therefore doesn't allow dual intent?
I did read through the spreadsheet but since it says the processing time is 1-4 months after your number gets current (or even 6 months it says?), it seems like the process is definitely slower than CP? How do people who become current in September go through the entire process so quickly? And (just for understanding reasons) while the AOS is in process, are you allowed to leave the country al all?

Thank you so much!