• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hello, would you please advise...I'm a DV winner, asylum applicant,still pending interview. After I sent asylum petition I got a job in order to survive my family (have 3 kids) before getting a EAD. Worked on checks, taxes for that period are fully paid. I will indicate in part 8 item 16 YES and then will give the explanation at page 18.The question is there any sence to send i485? Is it going to be denied without the interview? Thanks in an advance

Hello, would you please advise...I'm a DV winner, asylum applicant,still pending interview. After I sent asylum petition I got a job in order to survive my family (have 3 kids) before getting a EAD. Worked on checks, taxes for that period are fully paid. I will indicate in part 8 item 16 YES and then will give the explanation at page 18.The question is there any sence to send i485? Is it going to be denied without the interview? Thanks in an advance

Unauthorized employment will most likely not be forgiven. However I don’t have the final say on that, your assigned adjudicating IO will have the final say.

My concern is that I filed in January of first week with all the documents sent with a payment to Chicago Lock Box number, but to this day the check has not been cashed or no response from USCIS. I have the FedEx delivery slip that it was signed for so that confirms that USCIS received it.
Q1) How long does it take to respond receipt of documentation.
Q2) Where do I contact if there is no response after 120 days?

My concern is that I filed in January of first week with all the documents sent with a payment to Chicago Lock Box number, but to this day the check has not been cashed or no response from USCIS. I have the FedEx delivery slip that it was signed for so that confirms that USCIS received it.
Q1) How long does it take to respond receipt of documentation.
Q2) Where do I contact if there is no response after 120 days?

1. It only takes a couple of weeks, not quite 4 in most cases, to receive the NOA. It doesn’t take USCIS as long as yours has been pending for them to cash the check or send out an acknowledgment. It’s possible your package was rejected and sent back to you.
2. USCIS customer service: 1-800-375-5283. No guarantee they’ll know the whereabouts of your package.

But before you call, answer a couple of questions that may assist us in helping you figure out what possibly happened to your AOS package:
Which month is your CN current?
Which address did you mail your package to?

First things first! I would like to express my gratitude to Sm1smom, all your co-moderators – BritSimon, SussieQQQ, Xarthisius and all the other contributors. Your selfless contributions are really appreciated and invaluable as you help so many people navigate this ‘simple’ process that can otherwise be very complicated by the lack of a single source of information. I would advise anyone to start by taking the time to read in entirety the AOS spreadsheet that Sm1smom has generously put together – believe me there is no other place you will find all this information explained in a common man/woman’s language! It would also help to read previous AOS threads just to get a good understanding of how this process can be very different depending on one’s personal situation – I found that very useful! One more piece of advice that Sm1smom keeps stressing – just be PATIENT.
I would like to share my timeline below if it can help others map out their process.

09/27/2018 - 2NL
11/19/2018 - File AOS package
11/22/2018 - Package Delivered
11/27/2018 – Card Charged
11/28/2018 - Acceptance Text
12/03/2018 - NOA letter received
12/07/2018 - Bio letter
12/18/2018 - Bio walk-in (Schedule date is 12/20/2018)
02/09/2019 - IL received
03/25/2019 – Interview
03/29/2019 – Approval notice received (approved on 03/26)
04/13/2019 - GC received for 3 cards (still waiting for wife’s GC)

About the interview…the FO was very professional and friendly, honestly struck me as someone very objective and straightforward. The interview itself was very detailed – so be prepared as it lasted approx. 1 hr! The FO went through all the questions on the 485 form for both adults - my wife and I. Kids were excused, and he explained that since they were under 13 (or 14 can’t remember exactly) they will not be interviewed. At the end we made a few corrections on both forms relating to traffic citations that we had answered no. Again, the FO was very good and explained that this question now requires you to include even traffic citations. At the end he explained that he had requested for our file from the State Dept and once he receives it, he will make his decision or send an RFE. He also mentioned that if he approves our applications, we should receive our GC in 10-15 days and lo and behold…just as promised we all (my wife and 2 kids+me) received four approval notices in the mail after 5 days! So finally, we received the CPO message but only for 3 cards instead of 4 and the 3 GCs arrived 2 days later. My wife’s GC has not arrived yet, despite having received the approval notice. I am hoping we will receive this soon so we can all move to enjoying life as PRs! Good luck to all still waiting for their GCs and hope you will be able to share your experience soon!

Hi everyone,
My number is current for June. I am just debating whether to send my AOS package now or wait until June.
1. Anyone denied this year because of early filing?.
2. Do I have to pay DV fee and AOS fee again, if my application denied because of early filing?.
Thanks everyone

First things first! I would like to express my gratitude to Sm1smom, all your co-moderators – BritSimon, SussieQQQ, Xarthisius and all the other contributors. Your selfless contributions are really appreciated and invaluable as you help so many people navigate this ‘simple’ process that can otherwise be very complicated by the lack of a single source of information. I would advise anyone to start by taking the time to read in entirety the AOS spreadsheet that Sm1smom has generously put together – believe me there is no other place you will find all this information explained in a common man/woman’s language! It would also help to read previous AOS threads just to get a good understanding of how this process can be very different depending on one’s personal situation – I found that very useful! One more piece of advice that Sm1smom keeps stressing – just be PATIENT.
I would like to share my timeline below if it can help others map out their process.

09/27/2018 - 2NL
11/19/2018 - File AOS package
11/22/2018 - Package Delivered
11/27/2018 – Card Charged
11/28/2018 - Acceptance Text
12/03/2018 - NOA letter received
12/07/2018 - Bio letter
12/18/2018 - Bio walk-in (Schedule date is 12/20/2018)
02/09/2019 - IL received
03/25/2019 – Interview
03/29/2019 – Approval notice received (approved on 03/26)
04/13/2019 - GC received for 3 cards (still waiting for wife’s GC)

About the interview…the FO was very professional and friendly, honestly struck me as someone very objective and straightforward. The interview itself was very detailed – so be prepared as it lasted approx. 1 hr! The FO went through all the questions on the 485 form for both adults - my wife and I. Kids were excused, and he explained that since they were under 13 (or 14 can’t remember exactly) they will not be interviewed. At the end we made a few corrections on both forms relating to traffic citations that we had answered no. Again, the FO was very good and explained that this question now requires you to include even traffic citations. At the end he explained that he had requested for our file from the State Dept and once he receives it, he will make his decision or send an RFE. He also mentioned that if he approves our applications, we should receive our GC in 10-15 days and lo and behold…just as promised we all (my wife and 2 kids+me) received four approval notices in the mail after 5 days! So finally, we received the CPO message but only for 3 cards instead of 4 and the 3 GCs arrived 2 days later. My wife’s GC has not arrived yet, despite having received the approval notice. I am hoping we will receive this soon so we can all move to enjoying life as PRs! Good luck to all still waiting for their GCs and hope you will be able to share your experience soon!

Fantastic news and great update! Congratulations!!

Hi everyone,
My number is current for June. I am just debating whether to send my AOS package now or wait until June.
1. Anyone denied this year because of early filing?.
2. Do I have to pay DV fee and AOS fee again, if my application denied because of early filing?.
Thanks everyone

1. No report of a denial so far, however a couple of rejections have been reported.

2. No new payment required if the package is rejected as payment hasn’t been cashed at this point. If AOS petition is denied, new AOS fee (plus bio fee) will be required in order to re-file.

1. No report of a denial so far, however a couple of rejections have been reported.

2. No new payment required if the package is rejected as payment hasn’t been cashed at this point. If AOS petition is denied, new AOS fee (plus bio fee) will be required in order to re-file.
Thank you mom. You are the best!!!
Do the rejections completely random or is it related to something?

Thank you mom. You are the best!!!
Do the rejections completely random or is it related to something?

Rejection could be due to early filing. Could be due to something else unrelated to early filing such as unsigned document, over/under payment, etc.

Good day,
My case number is EU25xxx, and I’m currently in the US under F-1 visa. Due to my hight case number, I decide to do consular processing(in my case in Poland) instead of adjustment of status (I was fear not having enough time to do Adjustment especially in NYC). I filed DS-260 at the end of the March, as visa bulletin numbers had been low and I thought I would be current later this summer. However, recent visa bulletin (May 2019) rocked to the sky and I become current in June. I called KCC about status of my DS-260, but it is still processing. Since my number got current in June, I start to think that I might have enough time to do AOS instead of CP.
1) Do you think I have enough time to do the AOS?
2) Do you think I should change CP(DS-260 currently processing) to AOS? If I change to AOS, should I file i-485 package right away or wait till June where I current?

Thanks.

Hi Mom,

I just did a cashier check from BOA for ($990) for three persons, but the front desk lady told me she couldn't type any comment on it.
1- Is it acceptable if i hand write by pen my case number as "DV Case number: AS201900012XXX" at the bottom of the check
2- Do i just write the CN number as above , or do I need to mention that i am paying for 3 person ?

Thanks

Hi Mom,

I just did a cashier check from BOA for ($990) for three persons, but the front desk lady told me she couldn't type any comment on it.
1- Is it acceptable if i hand write by pen my case number as "DV Case number: AS201900012XXX" at the bottom of the check
2- Do i just write the CN number as above , or do I need to mention that i am paying for 3 person ?

Thanks

1 - Yes, exactly what is mentioned in the instructions: "DV case number noted on the cashier’s check"
2 - Personally, I did a cover letter and included the required information in the same way they request it on the AOS payment fee page:

DV Program Case Number: _____________________________________
Selectee Surname _____________________________________________
Selectee Given Name __________________________________________
Address ______________________________________________________
City: State: Zip Code: __________________________________________
Payment for ____________ persons adjusting status in the U.S. (Number of Persons)
Total Amount enclosed ____________________ (Fee amount times the number of persons adjusting status in the U.S.)

Good day,
My case number is EU25xxx, and I’m currently in the US under F-1 visa. Due to my hight case number, I decide to do consular processing(in my case in Poland) instead of adjustment of status (I was fear not having enough time to do Adjustment especially in NYC). I filed DS-260 at the end of the March, as visa bulletin numbers had been low and I thought I would be current later this summer. However, recent visa bulletin (May 2019) rocked to the sky and I become current in June. I called KCC about status of my DS-260, but it is still processing. Since my number got current in June, I start to think that I might have enough time to do AOS instead of CP.
1) Do you think I have enough time to do the AOS?
2) Do you think I should change CP(DS-260 currently processing) to AOS? If I change to AOS, should I file i-485 package right away or wait till June where I current?

Thanks.

1. I cannot guarantee anyone has enough time to complete the process at anytime. However, there are have been several reported cases which became current in July, August, or even September who successfully completed the process.

2. I don’t know enough about your case in order for me to tell you which route to take, you’ll have to decide on that on your own - take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet for the pros and cons of each process.
If you decide to go with AOS, you’ll need to first inform KCC and confirm a CP interview hasn’t been scheduled before you can start the AOS process.

1. It only takes a couple of weeks, not quite 4 in most cases, to receive the NOA. It doesn’t take USCIS as long as yours has been pending for them to cash the check or send out an acknowledgment. It’s possible your package was rejected and sent back to you.
2. USCIS customer service: 1-800-375-5283. No guarantee they’ll know the whereabouts of your package.

But before you call, answer a couple of questions that may assist us in helping you figure out what possibly happened to your AOS package:
Which month is your CN current?
Which address did you mail your package to?
CN current In January 2019
Address of Lockbox
USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Hi Mom,

Thanks

1. Yes.
2. No need to mention number of people on the check. That information should be listed on the payment form you’ll be sending with the check.

CN current In January 2019
Address of Lockbox
USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

I’m guessing the package was returned and it’s gone missing in the process. However, I highly encourage you to give USCIS a call right away to rule out the possibility of it already being in the system and you missing both the NOA and bio notice they might have sent out.
Call without further delay!!!

Hi Mom and all

I need to go to interview next month. I’ve got two questions.

1) Are the tax return transcripts provided by the IRS website valid? On the back of my interview notice it says the tax returns must be signed and dated but there is nothing like that on the forms the site gives us. Is it still ok to print them off and take with us to the interview?

2) My second question is about traffic violations. I have two parking tickets ( one for staying too long at a parking meter and one for parking in a lot I didn’t have permit for) I paid both but I don’t have any receipts to prove that I have paid the fines. Should I mention them at the interview? If he asks of any other traffic violation ( aside from the citation I had) should I just answer no? and if I have to say “yes” and explain, is there any way I could get my payment receipts?

Thank you sooo much