• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 AOS Only

Hi,

I just checked my status online. It says "we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number #, at our National Benefits Center location". Does that mean my back ground check is done??

I wouldn’t attach much weight to that update.

Hi Mom,

Do I have to fill I-693 and do the Medical Exam for my son who is 6 years old, or just include the up to date vaccination record in the AOS package ?

Hi Mom,

Do I have to fill I-693 and do the Medical Exam for my son who is 6 years old, or just include the up to date vaccination record in the AOS package ?
Hi Guitarek,

You need to fill out the I-693 and do the medical for your son including the TB test. I had to do it for my 2 year old.

Update update so far I've waited my long 90 day period and sent in my package on the 3rd and so far I've gotten my NOA letter today! I hope being a part of the smallest region helps it process quicker in some way shape or form maybe haha I'm excited thanks for the continued help I'll be back with more good news soon!

It’s either 0% or 100%. I can’t predict anyone’s chances.
Hi, Mom,
Thank for letting me know that other winners has the same problem as me. I want to know if My number is 11XXX, will you recommend that I go CP not AOS?
My number is too big and it seems dangerous.
If I do not interview before Sep 30, I will lose the chance, correct???

Hi Mom,

Everyone applying is required to undergo the medical exam and have the medical form submitted.

Update update so far I've waited my long 90 day period and sent in my package on the 3rd and so far I've gotten my NOA letter today! I hope being a part of the smallest region helps it process quicker in some way shape or form maybe haha I'm excited thanks for the continued help I'll be back with more good news soon!

Sorry to burst your people, the size of your chargeability region plays no role at this point. It all depends on you (as in your background check) and the FO with jurisdiction over your case.

Hi, Mom,
Thank for letting me know that other winners has the same problem as me. I want to know if My number is 11XXX, will you recommend that I go CP not AOS?
My number is too big and it seems dangerous.
If I do not interview before Sep 30, I will lose the chance, correct???

1. I’m sorry I can’t recommend the best route for you simply based on your CN, there are so many other factors about you I don’t know of. You’re in the best position to determine and decide on what to do. So I recommend you look up the pros and cons of AOS vs. CP on the AOS process spreadsheet.

Just so you know though, if you’re going the CP route you need to submit your DS260 no later than May if you want to stand a fighting chance of being scheduled for an interview. KCC need to have enough time to process your case before scheduling a consular appointment. The process has changed in view of the fact that you’ll also be required to submit certain documents to KCC also before you’re scheduled.

2. I think already answered you on this specific question more than once already!! Anyway, just to make it clear, you not only need to be interviewed by September 30th, you actually need to be interviewed AND approved no later than September 30th. This applies to both AOS and CP.

Hi Mom,

Thanks for all of this useful information! I am also among those who is still deciding whether to go with CP or AOS as my case number is EU29xxx. I just have one question and I apologize if it has been answered before: Can I change into CP after I've indicated in DS-260 that I am going with AOS?

Hi Mom,

Thanks for all of this useful information! I am also among those who is still deciding whether to go with CP or AOS as my case number is EU29xxx. I just have one question and I apologize if it has been answered before: Can I change into CP after I've indicated in DS-260 that I am going with AOS?

Yes you can. You’ll need to email KCC and let them know you wish to change to CP. You should do so no later than May if you plan on changing to CP, KCC will need enough time to process your DS260 form and the additional documents you’ll need to submit (which includes applicable PCC) before you’ll get scheduled for a CP appointment.

We got our CPO status updates today. Not sure if they were prompted by anything. Its definitely a big relief but I'll wait until the cards are in our hands before I start seriously celebrating. :)
Congratulations!
Did you use USPS or FEDEX service to send AOS package?.

Yes you can. You’ll need to email KCC and let them know you wish to change to CP. You should do so no later than May if you plan on changing to CP, KCC will need enough time to process your DS260 form and the additional documents you’ll need to submit (which includes applicable PCC) before you’ll get scheduled for a CP appointment.

Thanks a lot!

Hi Mom,

When I enter my wife's information in the i-94 online retrieval page, the system is showing the previous entry to the U.S, and not the actual last entry. So the expiry of that entry (Admit Until Date )would fall about one year behind the last entry date, However when I click on the (GET THIS TRAVELER'S Travel History) I can see all the entries correctly (including the last one)

1- In the i-485 the date of the last entry will be contradicting with the expiry of the entry that is showing i-94 and which i need to fill in the i-485 . Will that create any problem ?
2- I heard that other people tried to contact CBP to correct such mistakes and they couldn't get that fixed. What is the best way to fix it (if i have to fix it )
3- Do you recommend to print both the i-94 and the Travel History details from the i94 website and include both copies in the AOS package ?

Thanks

Hi Mom,

When I enter my wife's information in the i-94 online retrieval page, the system is showing the previous entry to the U.S, and not the actual last entry. So the expiry of that entry (Admit Until Date )would fall about one year behind the last entry date, However when I click on the (GET THIS TRAVELER'S Travel History) I can see all the entries correctly (including the last one)

1- In the i-485 the date of the last entry will be contradicting with the expiry of the entry that is showing i-94 and which i need to fill in the i-485 . Will that create any problem ?
2- I heard that other people tried to contact CBP to correct such mistakes and they couldn't get that fixed. What is the best way to fix it (if i have to fix it )
3- Do you recommend to print both the i-94 and the Travel History details from the i94 website and include both copies in the AOS package ?

Thanks

My suggestion is for you to actually contact CBP yourself to try get the I-94 and not rely on what you heard from other people (because I haven’t heard such). Here’s what CBP‘s website says:

If you still cannot find your I-94, please contact the nearest U.S. Customs and Border Protection Deferred Inspection Site and a CBP Officer will be able to assist you.